• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Age

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    I believe Ash is 15-16.
    Indigo League: One year (11 yrs old)
    Orange League: Six months (11 1/2 yrs old)
    Johto League: One year (12 1/2 yrs old)
    Hoenn League: One year (13 1/2 yrs old)
    Battle Frontier: One year (14 1/2 yrs old)
    Sinnoh League: Six months thus far (15-16 yrs old)

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • If he was sixteen, do you not think that he'd be a bit bigger? Also, if he's aged six years since the beginning of the series, so has everyone else...and that makes Brock at least twenty. So why doesn't he have a car yet? Also, Ash doesn't care about girls, so its unlikely that he's a pubescent sixteen-year-old. I understand that the producer's wouldn't want a full-on romance, but he'd be a bit more like Brock, at least. The only time when Ash has shown interest in a girl is when he met Giselle, from the Pokemon Tech episode.

EDIT: just realised this would mean that brock (a twenty year-old) was travelling with a sixteen year-old boy and a ten year-old girl. That's just...weird. :\

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    If he was sixteen, do you not think that he'd be a bit bigger? Also, if he's aged six years since the beginning of the series, so has everyone else...and that makes Brock at least twenty. So why doesn't he have a car yet? Also, Ash doesn't care about girls, so its unlikely that he's a pubescent sixteen-year-old. I understand that the producer's wouldn't want a full-on romance, but he'd be a bit more like Brock, at least. The only time when Ash has shown interest in a girl is when he met Giselle, from the Pokemon Tech episode.

EDIT: just realised this would mean that brock (a twenty year-old) was travelling with a sixteen year-old boy and a ten year-old girl. That's just...weird. :\

He looks the height of a 16 year old to me. Plus I already think there's something wrong with Brock.

Years
  • If he was sixteen, do you not think that he'd be a bit bigger? Also, if he's aged six years since the beginning of the series, so has everyone else...and that makes Brock at least twenty. So why doesn't he have a car yet? Also, Ash doesn't care about girls, so its unlikely that he's a pubescent sixteen-year-old. I understand that the producer's wouldn't want a full-on romance, but he'd be a bit more like Brock, at least. The only time when Ash has shown interest in a girl is when he met Giselle, from the Pokemon Tech episode.

I'm 18 and I don't have a car. My aunt is 47 and she never had a car.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • Yeah... I'm starting to think they don't age. But, his voice did get deeper (new voice) and he looks taller when side-by-side of previous seasons. So, I guess you could say he is aging. Plus, Hikari could be just REALLY TALL. xD

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • May was 10 and look at her. She is not only tall, but DEVELOPED.

Miltank growth hormones?

Are you trying to be funny? People talking about Haruka's breast being fully devolped usually are.

Anyway, the fact that Satoshi is as tall as two 10 year old girls is reason to believe that he isn't a teen.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Yeah... I'm starting to think they don't age. But, his voice did get deeper (new voice) and he looks taller when side-by-side of previous seasons. So, I guess you could say he is aging. Plus, Hikari could be just REALLY TALL. xD

and may as well? I would say that the height increase through seasons would be more to do with changes in the way the show is drawn or created, not to represent aging.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Actually, Ash's height reminds me of Full Metal Alchemist, where is was revealed why the whole reason Edward is short is because he never drank milk...

Do any of you see milk when Ash eats? I don't think so. There where exceptions, but he needs more calcium that than. :D

About May's breasts...she's just special and started puberty early. Leave it at that or face madness. :O

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I have always wondered about this. Wasn't Charizard taller than Ash? Ash actually rode on his back once and everything. Charizards on average are like 5'7 tall. That would mean Ash is probably not even 5 ft tall...

Ashbox

Switched Accounts
    Years
  • i will now do the math....

ash was 10 at the beginning of season 1
    factoring in the 10 years since Pokemon began
    ash's approximate age is ~20

and he is traveling around the world with Brock who is much older than him and with Dawn who is a minor

which leads me to assume that ash is a pedo.
    and his love affair with pikachu proves my point.

and lets not backtrack seasons to may and misty @_@

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    I have always wondered about this. Wasn't Charizard taller than Ash? Ash actually rode on his back once and everything. Charizards on average are like 5'7 tall. That would mean Ash is probably not even 5 ft tall...
    I didn't think about that, and you're right, but think about it in "Anime physics". Everybody, even full grown men aren't as tall as Charizards, so in the animeverse Charizards are obviously taller.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    i will now do the math....

ash was 10 at the beginning of season 1
    factoring in the 10 years since Pokemon began
    ash's approximate age is ~20

and he is traveling around the world with Brock who is much older than him and with Dawn who is a minor

which leads me to assume that ash is a pedo.
    and his love affair with pikachu proves my point.

and lets not backtrack seasons to may and misty @_@

Erm ERM! *cough cough*

Does he look 20 to you AT ALL? Hear the "Kids", "twerps" and "noobs" (that was said once in an episode) going around the air? Bouncing back and forth?

I can understand 15 medically but 20 is insane.

Back