• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Age

Lash

Years
    Yay, first post out of inactivity and I get to explain my theory on Ash's age :D

Started journey at age 10
    Kanto region - one year - 11 by regions end
    Orange Islands - 6 months - 11 1/2 by mini journeys end
    Johto region - one year - 12 1/2 by regions end
    Hoenn region - one year - 13 1/2 by regions end
    Battle Frontier - 6 months - 14 by mini journeys end
    Sinnoh region - 1 year - 15 by regions end

So, yeah, it sounds pretty reasonable.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    according to team rocket,they've trying to get pikachu longer than dawn's been alive,so ash is at least 20

Yoko-Chan

Weirdo <.<
    Years
    basically, he is 25, he got pikachu when he turned 10 which was in 1995, thats 14 years ago, believe it or not :]

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    basically, he is 25, he got pikachu when he turned 10 which was in 1995, thats 14 years ago, believe it or not :]

If you think the show is moving in real time, you haven't been watching the show at all. None of the characters have shown any real sign of aging. I can kind of believe the aging of 1-3, maybe even 5, years, but 15? It's obvious you haven't even bothered to watch the show.

Yoko-Chan

Weirdo <.<
    Years
    well thats the thing about anime people lol, you dont see them getting old xD I havent really seen the anime in awhile, except I saw 1 episode today xD
    Im not like one of those hardcore fans..is that so bad? :/

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    Nice spam.
    --------------------------------
    I think proof that Ash is at least 15 is that Gary is the same age as Ash, and Gary is now a pokemon professor. Since when are 10 year olds pokemon professors?

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Nice spam.
    --------------------------------
    I think proof that Ash is at least 15 is that Gary is the same age as Ash, and Gary is now a pokemon professor. Since when are 10 year olds pokemon professors?

He said he wants to become one. I don't think anyone has said he's a Professor, but he's referenced as a Researcher, just like the various lab assistants we've seen.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    This question is still being debated? =/

Well, since the show has different seasons and goes off air while new seasons are being made... 25 wouldn't be logical.

Then again, it seems like he should be older than 14, too. But, I'm thinking 14 is about right. Though, since it's a cartoon, I doubt he'll ever age much at all. Cartoon characters never do age.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Well, since the show has different seasons and goes off air while new seasons are being made... 25 wouldn't be logical.

In Japan, there's really no concept of "seasons" and it airs pretty much throughout the year with certain breaks for holidays or for ratings. Instead of seasons, they just view the general arc, which is generally when the journey for one region starts and ends.

Years
    In Japan, there's really no concept of "seasons" and it airs pretty much throughout the year with certain breaks for holidays or for ratings. Instead of seasons, they just view the general arc, which is generally when the journey for one region starts and ends.

Yeah, I think that's why they never change the theme song for the region.

Also, I think he's around 15.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    did they ever say how old ash was?
    let see...the first season came out when i was 10 and now i'm 17...hmm
    Ash is 7

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    but then again if he started his journey when he was 10 and its been more than 10 years now he should be like 20 lol

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Yay, first post out of inactivity and I get to explain my theory on Ash's age :D

I think this makes the most sense, so I am convinced that Ash is around 15, or near it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    Yeah Ash is Fifteen, he started out older than me and now I'm older than him.
    Damn If only i lived in the Pokemon World.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

This theory can't be right due to the fact that he had an anniversary with Pikachu in the third Pikachu movie.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    did they ever say how old ash was?
    let see...the first season came out when i was 10 and now i'm 17...hmm
    Ash is 7
    Anime People Aging Younger has always been a sexy tradition in the world.

Also, Kanto+Orange Islands should not be more than a year, probably 10 months. And I really don't like it when people say Ash ages with the anime thus he is 24, because that is very annoying and a total defiance of common sense.

Hmm... I wonder if anyone can bother counting the days the anime has at least...Not me...

Back