• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Personality in the B/W series (Best Wishes Series) *SPOILER*

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
    Years
    Should they have replaced Ash?
    Maybe, because it is, in my humble opinion, ridiculous that he acts the same way that he did way back in episode 1. I was highly angered that he was beaten by Snivy from the very beginning. Pikachu being absent of electric moves is no excuse. He still had other attacks.
    And a starter has almost no battle experience whatsoever.
    You guys are making the same mistakes that many other older Pokemon fans make.
    You don't give the kids enough credit.
    And apparently, neither do the writers.
    Because, even if they don't know who the heck Ash is, they still know that he has previous experience; he already has Pokemon, and they are mentioned. It's mentioned that Ash is going on another adventure, in a brand new place.
    It would make sense to them if Ash knew what he was doing; in fact, kids would probably think that Ash is pretty cool.
    It irritates me that people keep on calling him inexperienced, but I noticed something about when they do: Ash doesn't seem to get mad about it. Yet in old gens, he got very angry, and then he would proceed to brag about past victories. Or in the old episodes, he bragged about every single badge he won. I wonder, does Ash not brag about old victories because he's more mature, and he's not as prideful, or is it because the writers don't want old episodes mentioned too much?

Okay, now that I've ranted, I do want to say something else. I have a love hate reaction to the way he's been acting. I feel very nostalgic when I see him act the way he did way back when. I can't help but smile when I see him get so hyper and excited. And the feeling of newness puts butterflies in my stomach.
    And the gym battles are cool, too. I thought he did a good job. And he DID win against Dento and brothers, you whiners.
    And it's not a big deal that Shooti beat him either, considering his Pokemon ARE inexperienced for the most part, and Ash didn't understand the abilities of these new Pokemon.

So, all in all, I think the anime is pretty interesting so far. I don't mind what Ash has caught, and I can get used to his silliness.
    And on a different note, Team Rocket RULES in Best Wishes. Just sayin'.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Kirbychu said:
    Being a Fire/Fighting type, those particular moves are some of Combusken/Blaziken's signature traits, they wouldn't be left out. It would have also been more likely to learn those moves since Combusken/Blaziken would have come before Infernape.

I would think that Blaziken would focus more on it's Fire-type attacks while Infernape would focus more Fighting-type attacks.

If said Pokemon becomes Ash's main grass/fire/water type and is caught early into the series it's guaranteed that it will be seen frequently. The point is, we see enough of the starters. Ash isn;t even the only one with them, they're on other trainer's teams as well.

You've seen enough of the starters. I really like them and would like to see more of them. Anyway, some of the starters don't even get that much screen time really. Marshtomp, Torterra, Totodile along with a few more probably. This is more tre around league time where those other Pokémon get to have their time to shine unless your Muk or Kingler of course.

Pffft, your loss.

I know. T.T

Years
    WTF is this. I came to give my opinion and I'm greeted by this wall of text?

Though I do agree it gets annoying after a while, since I waas born when Pokemon first started, so I remember the good-old days. I was a little disappointed at Hoenn, since Pikachu was awesomesauce by the end of Johto, but Sinnoh pissed me off. Ash took on the Battle Frontier, and yet his Pikachu lost to a Cranidos. It shouldn't even matter that Pikachu was probably weaker, Ash should've kept his previous knowledge, so what the hell.

And now we have Best Wishes. Okay, i see a little sense in making Pikachu and Ash weaker since they're technically in a foreign country, but losing to a Snivy? Come on Ash! And his personality is just what. Am I the only one who remembers the cocky Ash Ketchum, who was still learning about everything but he was still a great Trainer?

Look, it's safe to say that nothing makes sense in the anime anymore. Sorry about that ^, but I had to get it out. It's just...unbelievable.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    WTF is this. I came to give my opinion and I'm greeted by this wall of text?

I know, it's pretty weird to see any sort of conversation in the Pokemon anime section anymore. If you don't like this, just be glad you weren't around the days Weedle used to actively troll. Good times.

Am I the only one who remembers the cocky Ash Ketchum, who was still learning about everything but he was still a great Trainer?

I don't think I remember him being cocky and great at the same time. He was cocky when he was less experienced, that part of his personality was used more to put him in his place that he wasn't as great as he thought, since there were always better trainers. I remember him being cocky when he "won" two badges; the water sprinkler win and the win where Misty's sister handed over the badge. And then lost to that unofficial gym guy, AJ. As he got better, he became less cocky, if my memory is correct~ After all, it wouldn't a very great message for kiddies now~ It was a fun personality, at the time, though.

Last edited:
    Back