• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Asperger's Syndrome

wobbadude1

Everybody Polkamon!
Years
  • First of all, I don't have asperges syndrome, so I can't really say what it's like. One my friends who I have known since childhood has it and from a young age I could tell he had a different way of looking at things (which I suppose was one of the reasons I respected him). I know Satoshi Tajiri was a sufferer from Asperges syndrome and now when I play Pokemon in a way it's obvious and I think in a way I feel people who are autistic in anyway truly understand it (not sure- just blabbing now)! I was tested as a young child because teachers thought I was autistic, but I'm not, I have certain traits, but for arguments sake I'll say I'm not.

Years
  • I gotta say everyone, I'm surprised this many people on PC have the same condition as I do, or knows someone with it.

I want to aim this at everyone:

Don't let it get to. Don't let anyone make you feel bad or worse about yourself. Don't let anything get in your way. If an obstacle gets in your way, kick it aside, and move on. You've got Asperger's Syndrome after all, so get addicted to making yourself better.

Hope I helped.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2011
    Asperger syndrome might be diagnosed by some teachers as ADHD and some parents might get confused as Autism and ADHD symptoms might have a closer definition to the physical symptoms the child will be exhibiting. If you see unusual habits and tendencies that your kid has when they are still in their early childhood, it would be best to seek help as early as possible.

Kurtroll

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    I think aspergers is a joke. Not to be rude or anything, but I think some people are just born more socially reserved or interested in certain subjects.

I like playing alot of video games, and I have a heavy interest in Pokemon, Earthbound, Halo, all sorts of stuff, and I do tend to enjoy some downtime where I don't have to see people.

However, within a day or two I crave social interaction.

Do I have aspergers? No. I get tired of seeing people, and eventually want a break from work, friends, and life.

Years
  • I think aspergers is a joke. Not to be rude or anything, but I think some people are just born more socially reserved or interested in certain subjects.

I like playing alot of video games, and I have a heavy interest in Pokemon, Earthbound, Halo, all sorts of stuff, and I do tend to enjoy some downtime where I don't have to see people.

However, within a day or two I crave social interaction.

Do I have aspergers? No. I get tired of seeing people, and eventually want a break from work, friends, and life.

Excuse me good sir, I believe you don't understand what Asperger's is. It's good to hear your feedback, but the fact that I researched my own condition for 3 years is kinda a slap in the face to me that you said that.

True, some people are just not very social in some areas, but Asperger's is called a mental condition because it focuses on many other areas other than that, it gives you an unnatural addiction or attraction to something, it makes it so that you can't think of anything but that, and some people can barely get through because of that. Hell, I can't go through a day without having some kind of addiction to help me get going.

So please don't ever say that, even if you don't mean it, because that just really pisses me off, do you think it was a joke when I suffered as a child? No, it wasn't. I'm not trying to bash you, just trying to tell you why that statement was wrong to say in the first place.

Back