• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aspergers Syndrome

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    Mew_Akee said:
    I have no comment to this thread besides to say that I do not believe it is a personality disorder. My best friend, whom I believe has posted numerous times in this thread before (I didn't tell you to be a social butterly, merely to try a little harder.), has a wonderful personality. She can be a little argumentative (who isn't, at this age?), but other than that she had very few personality faults, of which none seem to fall under the effect of Aspergers. However, she does have a few behavioural traits, which are, for the most part, associated with it. I don't know whether to call it a disorder or a disease, but I am quite firm on my opinion that it is not a personality downside. Anyoen thinking different is entitled to their own opinion, and have all the right I do to state it.

~Kitty-chan

Eh... Rachel? You do know that it is classified by phycologists as a personality disorder, right? Personality disorders don't HAVE to be bad. But look at the people who HATE me. Ask them if I have a bad personality. They'll say yes. - Peeders

PS How did you know it was me?

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • ~`PadfootPuppy`~ said:
    But look at the people who HATE me. Ask them if I have a bad personality. They'll say yes. - Peeders

That's not a disease though...

that's you're anti-social introverted personality.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    It's the Asperger's that MAKES my personality. Rachel, Dakota, BOTH OF YOU, stfu!!! I maintain that Asperger's is a personality disorder that makes a personality. - Peeders.

PS If you see my sig, I'm changing again when I get the chance.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    o.o aspiiies?....weird name.... there are others like me!!!!! yay!!!!! i have Aspergers too! im so happy there are otther out there. i am obsessed with pokemon, wolves, falcons and reading becuase of it and i dont have any RL friends. like the maker of this thread said. it is a gift yet a curse .

QT Plusle

I'm baaaack! ^^
    Years
  • My little brother Liam has it, but the way I see it, it is nothing to be ashamed of, Liam wouldn't be the same if he didn't have Aspergers Syndrome!

Liam is very giving and kind because of Aspergers Syndrome, as most autistic people are ^^

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    um i wasnt saying its bad. im very caring and kind and i would never be the same with out it

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • Midnight Shadow said:
    i am obsessed with pokemon, wolves, falcons and reading becuase of it and i dont have any RL friends.

Alex the Great Master said:
    I'm excellent at school but horrible at sports

Carpet said:
    People are entertained by his breakouts of random anger sometimes

Digital Mage said:
    I obsess over things, don't pay much attention to people (prone to drifting off), find it hard to understand things that some people say sometimes, but am still intelligent enough at school.

It's so clear to me now! None of these obvious personality traits are your fault! It's a disease! So now you have an excuse viable reason to explain why you'll grow up pale and alone with 20 cats!

Remember kids; nothing is your fault. It's either someone else's fault, or you were born that way. You shouldn't have to blame yourself for things that you do by your own free will!

>_>

emeraldslay

Obsessed with Mew/writing
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    I hate the people who make a big deal of how special they are and unique.
    "Oh, I have aspergers, I dont need to be social! I'm unique and thoughtful! I'm a victim of a cruel society, who look down on people wiht aspergers syndrome!"

Shut up and make an effort in life, instead of blaming every little flaw of your personality on some disease.

Last edited:

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • ~BetterThenYou~ said:
    I hate the people who make a big deal of how special they are and unique.
    "Oh, I have aspergers, I dont need to be social! I'm unique and thoughtful! I'm a victim of a cruel society, who look down on people wiht aspergers syndrome!"

Shut up and make an effort in life, instead of blaming every little flaw of your personality on some disease.

I love you

you basically said everything I didn't

Years
  • Pincushion said:

Alot of things that have been said in this topic have made me quite angry, its a very serious illness and not a thing to joke about, all of this "Oh I think I have it then haha" makes me want to scream, seriously, read up on it, or stop being so go**** childish, just grow up. Diseases are very serious things, nothing to joke about. Alot of people in this world dont get the chance to share the same happiness as others, it makes me very sad to see people find it so amusing. I lost faith in humanity a long time ago, but this just proves my thoughts so much more.

Ouch. Just so you know, I do really have aspergers syndrome, and I do have some difficulties, but I lead a normal life like any other teen, just my lack of social abilities and short temper and lack of concentration add a little bit more stress, but I live with it. It's most certainly not something to joke about, but for me it's not much of a disease. maybe just a little thing that makes things a little harder in everyday life.

I DO have it. I really DO, and I'm not joking. It's nothing extreme, at least not for me, but I guess it affects everyone differently. Definetly people shouldn't joke around about something if they haven't really done any real research into the 'personality disorder'

I know that I have it because my doctor HAS told me that I have it, I'm not just guessing that I have it from the details in the article, my doctor HAS revealed that I have what is known as 'aspergers syndrome' and doctors can get into big trouble for lying, so why would he?

Last edited:

Kaneda Morspeed

Only the most powerful win...
    Years
  • It's NOT an excuse for me. I just get angry when people like Dakota start to ignore that it exists. IT DOES exist, and it is NOTHING to joke about.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • It seems more just like social anxiety to me more thyen a disease to me. Anyway, no one can really comment of the subject of Aspergers Syndrome without knowing someone or are someone yourself. People are argueing with people that actually know the symptoms, which makes no sense. I mean people are saying "Join sports" or an "You are a socially inept person." I mean it seems to me that it is not that simple. They are afraid of most social contact, therefore, if they have that phobia it is hard to get over.

QT Plusle

I'm baaaack! ^^
    Years
  • People, I have a brother with it so I would know that people with aspergers or any other type of autism do not think they are better than the rest of us. Athough, I'll amit, this doesn't go for everybody but my lil bro is alot more giving than some (as some people call it) "normal" people.

And stop calling aspergers a disease! It is a form of autism. Some of you should learn what that means instead of insulting all with aspergers. ^^

Back