• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Assassin's Creed II

Years
    I just finished the game a short while ago.
    I was not a fan of the first game but the sequel definitely kept my attention through the entire way. It's a definite improvement.

'The Truth' wasn't quite as I imagined it to be but interesting nonetheless. You have to find and solve all the glyphs in the game to really get the entire gist of it though.

Zet

Years
    I just finished the game a short while ago.
    I was not a fan of the first game but the sequel definitely kept my attention through the entire way. It's a definite improvement.

'The Truth' wasn't quite as I imagined it to be but interesting nonetheless. You have to find and solve all the glyphs in the game to really get the entire gist of it though.

I was hoping for a longer video of 'The Truth', but at least figuring out the puzzles were a challenge. And for anyone who is lazy you can find the the video on youtube

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Is it that I'm too dumb to notice it? Or are you not able to replay missions when you're finished the game like in the previous game?

Years

I was hoping for a longer video of 'The Truth', but at least figuring out the puzzles were a challenge. And for anyone who is lazy you can find the the video on youtube
    A longer version isn't necessary. The video is an extension to the explanation given at the end of the game.

Spoiler:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    The very last truth thing I unlocked pissed me off because I was guessing random things so I could maybe get a hint (since I thought that's how hints worked--you fail enough times and the option appears) and then I guessed right and have no idea how. LAME. ;A;

Anyway, just beat the game tonight. Overall? I loved it. So hard. Omg. The gameplay was vastly improved. Instead of just boring the hell out of you with the same formula (1. go here 2. eavesdrop/beat up/viewpoints 3. assassinate target 4. repeat), they link it all together so even if you're doing the same things at times, it's all plot-related and it all ties in so nicely that you barely notice at all. Factor in that the Animus plot is SO MUCH MORE INTRIGUING this time and asklfs I was just hooked.

That said, a few things did irk me. :( While I absolutely adored (well, up until the end) the plot with Ezio inside the Animus, I do wish there had been more scenes outside of it. u_u; Not only were the scenes in Abstergo my favourite parts of the first game, but it also provided a good place to stop in the first game, lmao. I'd usually do one memory block each time I sat down but in this game? It all bled together so I'd sit down in the afternoon and glance up and suddenly, two memory blocks are finished and it's like 7 hours later. @_@;

Um... ugh, it's 3 AM so my mind is kind of all over the place. XD; I loved the RPG elements they added in--buying equipment and repairing it, all that jazz. I'm a bit torn on the weapons system though. D: I really, really missed being able to quickly switch to throwing knives or my dagger/shortsword. Lmao the number of times in this game I accidentally had it on throwing knives and expected Ezio to switch over to his dagger while in close quarters... orz. D8 Holding down RB was annoying too, when I wanted to switch. Oh well. I did like the variety in weapons, though some of them seemed so unnecessary. (I think I might've used the poison blade... maybe three times? One of them was for the achievement. x_X) Never used the smokebombs aside from the tutorial use. Oops. Oh, and I also loved the town building sidequest (though I renovated 100% before I was even halfway through the game D:). And equip-able armour. AND THE FACT THAT EZIO HAD SWIMMING LESSONS AS A KID SO I NO LONGER DROWN WHEN FALLING INTO PONDS HALLELUJAH. And... and... and... yeah, I loved the gameplay mechanics. n_n

lulz plot
    Spoiler:

The Truth
    Spoiler:

All I've got left are a few minor achievements. Gotta get all the feathers (fml), the last weapon (I think you get it after a certain number of feathers?), the Auditore cape thing and... then the one where you kill 10 guards without taking a hit and staying in combat. Lmao I've tried it a few times already and it's not really working out for me, lol. I'll probably get it once I'm not, you know, falling asleep. xD

So yes, overall a great game and worth every penny of that $100 I spent on it. /askldjs fangirl ♥

itt we learn why erica should not make posts when it's nearing 4am.

Zet

Years
    Yeah you get the last weapon by collecting 50 feathers. Also I wished you get to use Leonardo's flying machine more than just the two times.

Also I only have like 4-6 achievements left to get.

Cherrim

Years
    Yeah. @_@ It was actually a lot of fun to use, even though I sucked at it. I'd love to have a few more goes at it.

I'm at 30 feathers. I keep getting distracted from collecting them by messengers or thieves running around. I suck at chasing them so I get like halfway across the city before I catch them and it takes forever lmao. (I'm whining but I actually loved the addition of them to the game too. Finally I see why running around like crazy was so suspicious of me in AC1!!)

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I only got the game today so haven't read to much in this thread but so far its amazing. It is better than the first one by far.

Years
    I had the same problem except that it finally let me pick them up. Just try walking around it again while constantly pressing the button. Worked for me lol.

Uhh.
    Glad I am not the only one who has had this problem.
    It is really weird. Works for other objects, but just not for this one.

I will have another crack at it tonight, but having a glitch early on in the game like this, just annoys me.
    I know that it is near impossible to find ever glitch in a game. Trust me, I am learning how to make these, but this is a pretty obvious glitch that would have been easily spotted in the QA stage =[

Cherrim

Years
    There was this annoying glitch that happened several times in my game where things would show up double on my mini map. :( So like, if I assassinated one target out of three, after the first one, there would be an assassination target centred on the map wherever I went so I was always nervous that I was standing right on top of a target and was moving past him. xD; It happened with other things too... like for a good 20 minutes near the beginning, there was constantly a "memory start" icon right next to me. B|

It usually went away any time I saved/synched memory. :/ But that's the only glitch I recall noticing.

Years
    ROFL @ double post glitch :O

I am not really sure why this game seems to be throwing glitches :/
    They have had enough time for all of the glitch catching :/

Normally it is only when you do a certain action, at a certain time, during a certain mission blah blah. Not normal things that you might do during normal missions :/

Regardless, it does happen, so it hasn't really gone down in my view, just not going to play it when I am in a bad mood! XD

Years
    Finished the game last night (you caught up with me really quick Erica!).

First off, the pros:

Ubisoft definately redeemed themselves from the repetiveness and uninterestingness (lol custom word) of the first one.....Altair's story was so yawn. I'm glad they gave Ezio's story some depth, and also some ego/self respect, unlike Altair who spent most of the story saying "Yes master! Yes master!". *shot*

The combat system is great; there's more layers to it so it takes longer to truly master (I'm still working on nailing the timing for disarming brutes :/). Halfway through the game, I discovered that you could pick up enemies off the ground after you knock them down, which is awesome imo ("Get up and fight me, you WIMP!" *punch*). I like that there's enough variation in "kill-move" animations that it seems realistic. Unarmed combat is awesome; I love not having to depend on your sword/dagger, and just disarm when you need to.

What else.....oh, assassinating from 15ft above the enemy never gets old, same goes for assassinating from hide spots, ledges, ect. Double killing is fun, but it took me a while to learn how to do it on command (had several wtf moments where I only assassinated one and blew my cover :/)

I love the new graphics. The facial animations are very realistic (though sometimes the voices seem behind.... :/ maybe that's just my OCD :P). AC2's more traditional approach to cutcscenes was much better than AC1's cutscenes; I didn't have to spend my time trying to prevent the character from looking stupid like in AC1, lol. And.....no more of those idiotic, pointless "alternate-view" glitches >_< Interacting during a cutscene actually has a purpose now (i.e. press a button, stab the guard in the throat! *click*).

The cons:

Glitches. ffffffffff.
    The most consistent glitch has to do with the hidden blade. If you assassinate a guard, and you're spotted, you can still keep assassinating as long as they are within reach. Of course, this glitch can be avoided by just waiting a few seconds until you go into combat mode, but w/e. Still irritating. Also had an encounter with a guard on the roof that kept dividing, and dividing, and dividing......(WTF HE HAS TEH PIECE OF EDEN!!!) The last glitch happened on my new file: early in the game, before Ezio has any weapons, I somehow assassinated a guard with my non-existent hidden blade! o_O I'm glad that didn't happen on my first playthrough!

I also don't like that I have to travel alllllllll the way back to the Villa if I want to change my weapon.....or you can waste money on another sword at the blacksmith's shop, your call! [/sarcasm]. It's really great when I'm standing in the middle of a dead body pile with 15 different weapons I could change to. >_< I mean, I know you can pick them up temporarily, but I'd like to be able to put it away so the guards will quit staring at me.

Finally, there was no breathing time. As Lightning mentioned, you hardly ever leave the Animus, and there's really not much to do when you do leave. Though free running in the warehouse was nice, I guess.

Hmmmm. The ending....o_0
    Spoiler:

But yeah, it's still an awesome game. I imediately started a new file after I finished, so that's already better than AC1's replay value. o_O I rushed this time, so on my new file I'm going to take my time. I missed the majority of "The Truth" stuff, and I also may attempt to collect feathers. I think it's defanitely worth buying, though. It's leaps and bounds better than AC1 and only has a few moderate flaws. Trust me, the awesomeness of the pros outweighs the bad stuff, by far.

lol @ mah wordyness.

Last edited:

Cherrim

Years
    Yeah I might've spent the whole day (from roughly noon to 2am) yesterday playing. XD;

I'll read the rest of your post later when I'm not frantically catching up on assignments I put off all weekend but...

I didn't have to spend my time trying to prevent the character from looking stupid like in AC1, lol.
    Lmao for every single cutscene in AC1, if I found out I could move around, I'd either spin in circles or walk into whoever was talking. XD; I was far too easily amused by the fact that I could do that.

Kind of hated the random specific button-pressing in the cutscenes though. But that's only because I'd multitask during cutscenes and either eat or check email or something so I'd never be paying attention. I think I missed like every single one. (Poor Leonardo waiting for a friendly hug looked a bit embarrassed when Ezio just stood there since I was eating a sandwich at the time. XDD)

edit: screw it. *takes break from assignment lmao*

What else.....oh, assassinating from 15ft above the enemy never gets old, same goes for assassinating from hide spots, ledges, ect. Double killing is fun, but it took me a while to learn how to do it on command (had several wtf moments where I only assassinated one and blew my cover :/)
    Lmao, up to the end of the game pretty much, the only times I ever double assassinated were by accident. XD; I think I kept forgetting it was even possible for some reason and then I'd run up to a guard and somehow get another one at the same time. Awesome, but doing it on purpose felt even better. xD; I did adore being able to kill from hiding spots and ledges though. It saved my ass so many times.

I also don't like that I have to travel alllllllll the way back to the Villa if I want to change my weapon.....or you can waste money on another sword at the blacksmith's shop, your call! [/sarcasm]. It's really great when I'm standing in the middle of a dead body pile with 15 different weapons I could change to. >_< I mean, I know you can pick them up temporarily, but I'd like to be able to put it away so the guards will quit staring at me.
    I hated how buying new armour or weaponry automatically replaced your old stuff. B| It was nice in the beginning but... I unlocked Altair's armour before even buying the last set of armour from the shop and when it was finally available, it replaced Altair's armour on me. lmfao whyyyy? I mean, it might be kind of annoying but I'd rather they prompted you, asking if you wanted to replace your old equipment with the new stuff when you buy. *sigh* I think I've had some pretty crappy weapons equipped for most of the game because of that--I didn't even realize it auto-replaced everything. :'(

Last edited:
    Years
    Lmao for every single cutscene in AC1, if I found out I could move around, I'd either spin in circles or walk into whoever was talking. XD; I was far too easily amused by the fact that I could do that.

Kind of hated the random specific button-pressing in the cutscenes though. But that's only because I'd multitask during cutscenes and either eat or check email or something so I'd never be paying attention. I think I missed like every single one. (Poor Leonardo waiting for a friendly hug looked a bit embarrassed when Ezio just stood there since I was eating a sandwich at the time. XDD)

ROFL!

I always spin around really quickly. I am also easily amused! -_____-

I hated the quick time events but not quick time events! Just didn't fit in for me :/

Also, I lol'ed when you have to press "o" to take off a womans top! XD

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I've been doing side missions like crazy the past few days. I loved the first game, but even I have to admit this one is a lot better. The first one was like chocolate cake, and this one is like layered chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. And I love chocolate. :3

Cherrim

Years
    *s-sob* Guys.

;_; I got all the achievements, 100%'d EVERYTHING in the game except... I'm missing one secret location.

And I can't get it, because I'm pretty sure it's the secret location that was given away with a DLC code in the Black Edition. They didn't even sell the Black Edition in Canada. ffffffffffff

Years
    Did you download the family tomb level off UPlay? That might be counted towards the total limit.

The Black Edition actually comes with 3 dungeons in it.

Cherrim

Years
    Black edition comes with three DLC maps. The Master Assassin edition (the only LE version in Canada) comes with two DLC maps.

:( There's one missing for me in between the DLCs from my version and the UPlay map and as far as I can tell, that's what's keeping me at 99.3% synchronization rather than 100%.

Back