• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

August predictions

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Even if there is a new Lycanroc form, i probably won't use it. Didn't use the other two in SM.

I actually prefer info on the mascots/Necrozma forms.

Years
    I did use a Midnight Lycanroc on my main story team in Moon. I may use Lycanroc again if a new form ends up being canon, since I may want to see how it does.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    If Ash's Rockruff does evolve into a new form in next week's episode, I would bet that there would a be a USUM trailer showcasing it beforehand. The anime doesn't normally outright announce things (Edit: Well, aside from the Zygarde forms).

Or it evolves into Ash-Lycanroc.

Years
    If Ash's Rockruff does evolve into a new form in next week's episode, I would bet that there would a be a USUM trailer showcasing it beforehand. The anime doesn't normally outright announce things (Edit: Well, aside from the Zygarde forms).

Ash-Greninja also debuted in the anime first prior to becoming available in the games in S/M.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years

Actually, the Zygarde forms were properly announced through Corocoro and the official website before they debuted in the anime. They were first teased at the end of a movie (Zygarde Core and Complete Zygarde silhouette), but never actually announced. According to Serebii the only new form of an existing Pokemon that came really close to being announced through the anime was Charizard X.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Ash-Greninja also debuted in the anime first prior to becoming available in the games in S/M.
    True, but Ash-Greninja wasn't really that big of a deal (and barely had anything to do with Alola). A new Lycanroc form would be a bigger deal.

Edit: Nearly forgot, Corocoro leaks early during August since it releases early (on the 13th I think) as there's a Japanese holiday on the 15th. Just so you guys know.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Now that will be interesting. If TPC plan on releasing a trailer, that means it would be sometime in the first part of next week. That's if what may in the trailer might be the same in corocoro, as that's how it went last year.

pkmin3033

I really hope they don't bring in anime-only things into the games again...Ash-Greninja was just plain ridiculous, and let's face it, the anime does not have what one might call a good track record when it comes to making sense. I suppose they COULD coincide a new Lycanroc form announcement with an anime episode, but...well, after Ash vs. Alain, I wouldn't even consider using the anime as a basis for expectations, personally.

Years
    I really hope they don't bring in anime-only things into the games again...Ash-Greninja was just plain ridiculous, and let's face it, the anime does not have what one might call a good track record when it comes to making sense. I suppose they COULD coincide a new Lycanroc form announcement with an anime episode, but...well, after Ash vs. Alain, I wouldn't even consider using the anime as a basis for expectations, personally.

There has been speculation news would drop next week, and next week's anime episode will have Rockruff evolving. But considering Rockruff's eyes glowed green while looking at the sunset in the preview, it could be hinting a new "twilight form" for Lycanroc or something like that.

If a trailer not revealing it officially doesn't come next week, then this will unfortunately be another situation where the anime debuts something before its official game debut, like the Zygarde forms and Ash-Greninja.

And even if a new trailer doesn't come out, new CoroCoro leaks will still be happening next week.

pkmin3033

There has been speculation news would drop next week, and next week's anime episode will have Rockruff evolving. But considering Rockruff's eyes glowed green while looking at the sunset in the preview, it could be hinting a new "twilight form" for Lycanroc or something like that.

If a trailer not revealing it officially doesn't come next week, then this will unfortunately be another situation where the anime debuts something before its official game debut, like the Zygarde forms and Ash-Greninja.

And even if a new trailer doesn't come out, new CoroCoro leaks will still be happening next week.
    All signs pointed to Ash trashing Alain in the Kalos League final too, and look how THAT turned out. My point was only that the anime frequently defies hopes and expectations, not that those aren't invalid. Just that I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again. Fan expectations are frequently crushed by GF, and there is always a lot of speculation and "evidence" and, looking at it historically, I don't see how this instance is any different.

...of course, sometimes its been true. But any one of these instances could have been. I just wouldn't be surprised if this time it turned out to be false, the same as so many others.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Actually no. There was no sign of ash beating alain. Ash was never gonna win the league. Past regions confirm this. Alain was better and earn the win fair and square.

As fo this months new on august, if the early corocoro thing is true then we would see it around the tenth.

Edit: bad news. Apparently the cover of corocoro mentions nothing about USUM. Looks like another month of no news.

Last edited:
    Years
    Edit: bad news. Apparently the cover of corocoro mentions nothing about USUM. Looks like another month of no news.

Guess I can't trust CoroCoro anymore if they're shoving Pokemon into the background like that. Remember the scans haven't shown yet so don't come to a conclusion on this being a drought month since there are still the possibility of new trailers.

It would just be so terrible if US/UM have no info revealed in the lead-up to release. Sure, it would be great for those who like avoiding spoilers, but not so good for discussions here since a news drought means this section will suffer from a lack of new info to discuss. It would just feel weird if US/UM become the first main series games to have no info revealed between announcement day and release day.

The lack of news has made this section's activity feel dead, and the only way it's thriving is by bringing up topics that have already been brought up before.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    It seems Lycanroc might have a new form. Serebii has put up the cover of corocoro on the site and if you look closely then you would see a wolf like creature. But i hold my expectations until further confirmation.

Years
    Here's the picture if anyone wants to see it:

Spoiler:

Bit hard to see, and while it's not confirmed at this stage if US/UM news will be covered, this new Lycanroc form's appearance may suggest US/UM news will be shown.

Back