• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

August predictions

Alexander18

Banned
Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Someone made a video on youtube that asks if GF is punishing us with no news due to illegal leaks, people getting games early and showing it before release date and of course the data mining of SM demo.

I don't know if GF is punishing us but the fans probably gave them plenty of reasons to with the above mentions i made.

pkmin3033

I don't believe GF would withold news in response to past events. No demo and maybe release date pushbacks, I could give some credit to. But there is no harm whatsoever in releasing trailers or articles; not doing so begins to be a detriment to them at a certain point as interest in the games dips, and if leaking things internally is a risky business that has probably cost more than one person their job in the past.

I do delight in how people interpret silence in this fashion, though. Show some optimism, people!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Imagine if, in response to the people who said they revealed too much during the run up to Sun & Moon, they reveal absolutely nothing about Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon in the run up to them.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    1 trailer, something small in corocoro, something small in worlds, and then one other small thing another time is what I'm expecting.

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
  • i kind of agree with alxander 18. When they datamined the oras demo and the games, they shouldn't have relaesed a demo, or they atleast should have deleted all important actual game data. This may be a way of saying that they are disappointed. i hav i simple question: what the heck is Worlds? are you talking about the pokemon competitive tournaments?
    Because that would be a good time to showcase some stuff. like they did in china.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I can see them holding off on a demo for those reasons, but I don't see them holding back trailers. The trailers are part of their marketing strategy, so I don't see them doing away with it. For early game releases, there's not much they can do if people in certain timezones get it before everybody else, which is inevitable.

Years
  • Wings is right. The trailers proved to be a good marketing strategy so I can't see them abandoning that principle when it comes to releasing information, especially when you consider how fast they spread among social media.

AlolanMoonZPrincess

Alolan Moon Princess
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    I doubt CoroCoro will do much since it seems news comes from YouTube more now. I want news on Alolan firms for Johto pokes

Foreigner55

Most definetly a chicken nugget
    Years
  • HI I'm new here and none of you will take anything I say seriously but I believe Pokemon is doing what Disney did with Star Wars only more extreme. Or at least that's what my optimist side believes. The Usum story better be great or I will commit murmur on game freak for giving us too much hype (kidding of course I would never kill anyone that's not in a video game)

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    It is now august where i am. Nothing yet. I wouldn't be too hopeful of the 6th or 10th. I predict that we get absolutely zero on both dates.

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
  • WOOHOO! AUGUUUUUUUUST. nothing. i highly doubt that they'll reveal anything. i dont know. i would be happy for some spoiler free news,: in the sense, no new pokemon or anything. just some news. no teasing features either. just something to add to the hype. i know that poeple who dont want spoilers can not look, but u hav to agree, there was no surprise in the pokemon. and also, it was obvious that lillie was related in some way to lusamine and gladion. come one, u had to see that one coming. and about the ultra beasts, that was a twist, but it was completely post game. so in the end, i guess they just let too much slip, and they released a demo with info about the full game. yah, i dont want any news with spoliers

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm feeling we'll get a trailer next week, it would be better than nothing at this point. I can't see them going through the whole of August without giving us any new screenshots/footage, that'd be like the longest we've ever gone without news for a game I think.

Years
  • I'm feeling we'll get a trailer next week, it would be better than nothing at this point. I can't see them going through the whole of August without giving us any new screenshots/footage, that'd be like the longest we've ever gone without news for a game I think.

This is my likely guess as well, but if I remember we did go 2 months without news after S/M's announcement. Considering we have a shorter announcement to release period this time around, only one drought month would be better than two.

Foreigner55

Most definetly a chicken nugget
    Years
  • This is my likely guess as well, but if I remember we did go 2 months without news after S/M's announcement. Considering we have a shorter announcement to release period this time around, only one drought month would be better than two.

Either way they have to release information soon. You don't just create a site and put nothing on it (unless your lazy. Or you don't have enough money. Wich game freak is neither sooo...)

pkmin3033

Whether or not GF is lazy is a very debatable point...

I find it interesting that people are so optimistic about news this month, although it is inevitable that the longer there is no news, the more likely it is that news is coming up. That said, I don't see anything major in the first news update we'll get, unless they're only planning on one a month...or have the worst organisational skills imaginable in terms of how they release content.

pkmin3033

look, i know most of you really want news, but dont you think they gave us too much last time? do you really want such frequent news updates that we know the pseudo legendary of the game? becuase THEY did that.
    Actually no, I don't think they gave us too much, at least not intentionally. The problems came from the datamining of the demo - which was not intentional, even if responsibility for it ultimately lies with GF for the way the demo was designed - and from what I recall, officially revealed information for SM was frequent, but never particularly groundbreaking in terms of gameplay features etc.

It ultimately depends on what you define as "frequent" and what you consider a spoiler. Personally I think information should be evenly spaced across months, rather than dumped en masse towards the final run-up to release. There is likely going to be more contention with USUM's news because they won't be able to focus on new Pokemon to quite the same degree, but ultimately...well, nobody is forcing you to read it, are they? If you don't want to be spoiled, just don't look.

Years
  • look, i know most of you really want news, but dont you think they gave us too much last time? do you really want such frequent news updates that we know the pseudo legendary of the game? becuase THEY did that.

When you look at it, S/M was the first game of a new generation so it was clear the news releases in the lead-up focused mainly on new Pokemon. Since we don't need to focus on that aspect anymore with US/UM, it's clear the trailers this time around will focus on other new features that weren't initially present in S/M.

Back