• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Auto Shutdown (Virus Version)

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
Years
  • Darn...

After I inserted a CD into my PC, It automatically shuts down instantly after I open it.

Auto Shutdown (Virus Version)
    ---> It looks exactly like this...

Just change the 00:00:21 into 00:00:00 in my case...

I think this is a Worm Virus... Any suggestions on how to remove it? (Besides Reformatting the PC)???

P.S. - And I can't play my PC game because of that... :(

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
  • A self-burned CD... I must have put some files that I haven't scanned...

The only problem is, my anti-virus was outdated so it doesn't automatically scan the files...

And as soon as I am installing it, It shuts down... :(

I have no time at all to do any process because of that...

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • so It doesn't happen as soon as you insert the disc, but rather after you've initiated the installer?
    If it only occurs when you start the installer then you can still scan the disc with you AV software.
    In any case I would suggest re-burning the disc after scanning you whole system. (If you don't have an up to date AV you can always download AVG free, that should work fine in the mean time.)

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
  • Oh, no no! It's not about the Disc! I thrashed the disc because it really had a virus when I did a quick scan in my PC...

It's really about the system. As soon as my Desktop finishes loading, It shows the Auto-Shutdown screen and restarts...

My Desktop loads fast, so it shutdowns fast too... :(

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Uhm...
    Start > Run > msconfig > Startup
    Make sure nothing shady is checked.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
  • @Rukario/Gerry Shan --> Yeah, I'll try Safe Mode... That way It won't Auto-Restart... Then Update my Anti Virus and Scan...

@Ninja Tree --> I can't even run "Run!" XD

Thanks Guys...

But any more suggestions in case it doesn't work?

I don't wanna reformat... :)

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Uhm...
    Start > Run > msconfig > Startup
    Make sure nothing shady is checked.

Then try this before doing that...
    Turn on computer > Keep pressing F8 until it says something about safe mode> Proceed to safe mode > Reread my previous post

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
  • Yeah... I'm about to try that! Thanks! :)

--------------------

I've already tried these:

*Reboot
    *Safe Mode
    *Safe Mode with Command Prompt
    *Restore System to Good Settings

None of them changed anything...

EVEN IN SAFE MODE IT STILL RESTARTS!...

Help? :(

Last edited:

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • If I remember correctly this is like the blaster worm virus that was going around in '03.
    I had to reformat my system then. :(

If you have another computer, try to find something that can remove this worm and copy it onto your infected machine. When you're booting up, make sure you have absolutely no Internet connection at all. I'm not 100% sure (my memory doesn't serve me well) but I think the worm causes the system to become unstable when it detects any Internet connection - dial-up or broadband. So try it like that and do a scan with a AV. Hopefully it works out for you.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Are you by any chance using XP SP1 (or earlier)? If so you should install SP2 or SP3, I had this problem once and installing SP2 worked for me.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
  • Well, If I upgrade it, what about the Virus? It will still be there...

And I can't even upgrade it. Firstly I don't know how, second I can't open my desktop because that's where the virus strikes and last I don't have a CD. :(

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • the update might fix what ever the exploit the virus does.

Then it looks like you'll need to format

Bullocks. Hairy ones too.

Sasser and it's variants add themselves to the autostart, which when you iron over windows again will not be lost.

Get a Linux (or Windows) Live CD with a virus scanner, boot from that, and scan your harddisks.

If it finds no viruses, start a registry editor from the Live CD and try removing the viruses entries manually. (Almost every antivirus site has instructions how to do that in the virus information.)

Back