• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think they should make future episodes of Avatar?

• Total voters

Renneh

I know A Bot
Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    I was a little disappointed no one died.... would have had that dramatic effect and the really hard to pull around to a happy ending sort of thing... heh heh, however unpleasant that sounds.

Wouldn't have wanted them to kill Zuko or Toph though, I was *le gasp* NUUUUUUUUUUH! They were the ones that almost died...My favourites ^_^

I'd quite like just spin off epidoes =) Comical ones. Maybe a couple of 'special' ones where Zuko finds his mother but I'd be surprised if another whole series could live up to expectations.

Years
  • Their are going to be a few new episodes in 2009. The creators plan on airing 3 60 minute episodes of Avatar. Probably showing what happened with Zuko's mother, Azula, and the Gang's lifes. However, after that I think they should make a new series with a new Avatar. And they probably wont call it (if they do which I doubt they will) Avatar the Last Airbender but Avatar: The Adventure of (Name). After all, ATLA was and is still called Avatar: The Adventure of Aang by the creators. ATLA is just the show title, not the story title.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
  • As much as I enjoy watching Avatar, I had to say no. Bryan and Mike (the creators of the show) had stated that the series was always planned to end after Book 3. Why would I want to watch episodes they didn't intend to make?

EDIT: After reading αωαταρ αανγ's post, I will say that I hope they make those episodes. It won't technically be a Book 4, so it won't go against the creator's original plan.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I saw the movie too and Azula is officially psycho. I was going to cry because the avatar was always great.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    the new threat would probably be something like a dark avatar or something

It should be. There's actually alot of reason to that. After all, his name's Aang, a pun on Yang. So the Dark Avatar should be named Xin, a pun on Yin.

All in all, it seemed like a textbook end to one of those fighting movies (like the Bruce Lee or Steven Segal movies). Everyone had their fight, with the main character becoming an unstoppable fighting machine at the end.

And to answer the question, no they probably didn't originally plan on three books. Otherwise, why all the freaking fillers?

Mr. Pokemon

Years
  • It should be. There's actually alot of reason to that. After all, his name's Aang, a pun on Yang. So the Dark Avatar should be named Xin, a pun on Yin.

All in all, it seemed like a textbook end to one of those fighting movies (like the Bruce Lee or Steven Segal movies). Everyone had their fight, with the main character becoming an unstoppable fighting machine at the end.

And to answer the question, no they probably didn't originally plan on three books. Otherwise, why all the freaking fillers?
    Here's proof that there will only be three books: https://www.airbenders.com/2007/12/18/no-fourth-season-of-avatar/. No to mention the fact that "Sozin's Comet" is the series finale. There's going to be three live-action movies though and the creators are working closely with M. Night Shyamalan (writer, producer and director of the movies).

You know what they should do though... release a soundtrack! You listen to some of The Track Team's Avatar work on their MySpace, but it is screaming for a full soundtrack release!

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015

I'm not denying that they said that.

But I'm pretty sure that's closely tied in with Nickelodeon and their habit of only allowing three seasons of most shows. After all, they only came to that 'decision' after the third 'Book' started.

Of course, that's not to say they won't come out with future episodes and just use another subtext so they can call it a new 'series' (Avatar: Legends, Avatar: Generations etc...).

Last edited:

Mr. Pokemon

Years
  • I'm not denying that they said that.

But I'm pretty sure that's closely tied in with Nickelodeon and their habit of only allowing three seasons of most shows. After all, they only came to that 'decision' after the third 'Book' started.

Of course, that's not to say they won't come out with future episodes and just use another subtext so they can call it a new 'series' (Avatar: Legends, Avatar: Generations etc...).
    Yeah, I think they (as in the series creators) have mentioned that there's going to be more to the Avatar universe in the future. There's going to be a MMO coming next month (I don't think it's an RPG, more like an action-fighting game with bending). Also, there are going to be more Avatar Comic-Con panels in the future, so who knows what's going to happen.

I can't what to find out! :D

OutOfOrder

Saving you from yourself...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2008
    where can i find the movie?

i seemed to have missed a lot of the episodes because i have no idea what time they come on.

so where can i find it?

on youtube or somthing like that?

What was the movie called?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Yeah, I think they (as in the series creators) have mentioned that there's going to be more to the Avatar universe in the future. I can't what to find out! :D

They had said they wouldn't mind expanding upon the Avatar universe if demand was high enough. But that could mean spinoffs, or a number of other things. It may not necessarily mean a direct continuation.

I was simply pointing out a loophole that allows a series to be continued using a different subtext in the title and pawning it off as a separate series.

And yes, they should release a soundtrack. Just no more games, PLEASE.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Oooh, Avatar!! I LOVED the ending. Azula really creeped me out though.

And I never heard there was gonna be a movie and new series in 2010!! SWEET!!

Mr. Pokemon

Years
  • And I didn't expect to see Azula going crazy like that o___o
    Really? It was obvious to me in the episodes right before the finale.
    The finale was awesome. The best part was the Agni Kai between Azula and Zuko. The Track Team did an amazing job with the music. Then when we see Azula acting like a wild animal after being chained up by Katara. Then she cried... maybe she does have emotions/feelings? I think she misses her mom.

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    bawwl zutara bawwl im done, I loved the ending besides the...ending 'avatar aang' episode. everything went down lovely and cant wait for the next avatar story line.

Back