• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B/W Legendaries Discussion

Which legendaries do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Reshiram and Zekrom: 45

Every other legend present in the game: 3

I like how Reshiram and Zekrom are ridiculously easy to catch in comparison to other legends.
    Oh well that makes sense as you have to capture them to
    Spoiler:
    So yeah...

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Reshiram and Zekrom: 45

Every other legend present in the game: 3

I like how Reshiram and Zekrom are ridiculously easy to catch in comparison to other legends.

Oh wow... That is ridiculously easy, regardless if you need to catch them to.............. You know.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
    Ok I am a bit confused... is that 'my little pony' pokemon a legendary... or even real? Its not showing up on the Serebii pokedex page from what I can see :S

did I miss something?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It's one of the last Pokemon in the Pokemon even on Serebii...

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Ok I am a bit confused... is that 'my little pony' pokemon a legendary... or even real? Its not showing up on the Serebii pokedex page from what I can see :S

did I miss something?

Look at Veekun.com Tells you everything if it isn't appearing on Serebii.

My little Pony is now my favourite legendary pokemon of Gen. It's simplistic 'non-robotic', old school design, that is appealing, has a perfect colour blend and awesome typing (Grass/Fighting <3) I just love it so much, and it's shiny form is just stunning.
    B/W Legendaries Discussion
    It is so elegant too, and it has the most peculiar shaped head. I just love it.

Obelisk

Toad Sage
    Years
    I'm liking most of the new legendaries. The two mascot Pokes Zekrom and Reshiram are sick and I love them, their appearance, animations, and typing are all amazing and I think they are some of the best legendaries. I dislike the genies, I really hate that they are just palette swaps.

Kyurem is pretty awesome as well and I have yet to fully judge what I think of the others.

Years
    The funny thing is that the capture rate of last gen's mascots was like 5 while this gen's like 40...
    Edit: Yeah I know I explained it but the irony is still there xD.

Last edited:

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    The funny thing is that the capture rate of last gen's mascots was like 5 while this gen's like 40...

Well you explained the reason why yourself haha. Plus, it's almost necessary. You don't want to be sitting there for 20 minutes (maybe a bit of an exaggeration :P ) trying to capture this thing just to continue the storyline haha. I know I wouldn't want to. I do agree that it's rather funny to see such a rate on a Legendary though.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
    thanks guys for helping me out haha, I knew I had seen that pony 'Keldeo' somewhere before and then I suddenly couldn't find it again!
    Its super cute, probably my fav legendary (it is a legendary right? :P)

Palcks

some nights.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 30, 2012
    Seriously,genies look like PALETTE SWAPS like in FINAL FANTASY 1-6 games. It's a shame. I would never see pokemon like that. >_< What posessed them to do that? At least they could give them different poses...
    They resemble me a caricature of a certain greek god for me...

And Latios and Latias don't get his kind of hate? I have never seen people complain about those two, and yet these three are really so much different?

That's crap. :c

Years
    And Latios and Latias don't get his kind of hate? I have never seen people complain about those two, and yet these three are really so much different?

Well Latias and Latios were based on Yin and Yang and they do have quite a few differences such as different Poses, Latios is grayer in color for it's neck and head and bigger than latias, he also has a different smile than Latias,and a different symbol but yeah they are virtually the same except one's male and the other is female and they are based on yin and yang so people accept them, the only differences between the three "genies" are the "rings" and the colors and that's all.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

I think the reason these guys get so much crap is because their sprites and positions are exactly the same. Lati@s have different sizes and their sprites are designed differently from one another, as well as the obvious colors. With the Genies, yes they have different colors and they have differences, but it just pisses people off that they are just the same positioned sprite, split and redesigned three times.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    And you're point is? Latias and Latios were barely different to me when I first got Sapphire. I saw the two and thought one was made for Ruby and the other for Sapphire, but otherwise saw no difference than one's red and one's blue.

Atleast the genie's have distinct differences. Would everyone get off their little powertrip about how they have the same position?

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
    And you're point is? Latias and Latios were barely different to me when I first got Sapphire. I saw the two and thought one was made for Ruby and the other for Sapphire, but otherwise saw no difference than one's red and one's blue.

Atleast the genie's have distinct differences. Would everyone get off their little powertrip about how they have the same position?

LOL I really doubt people are on a 'power trip' because they say the Genies are the same hahaha you don't really gain much power for thinking that.

They just look stupid and lazy, yeah Latias and latios were similar but at least their poses were different!! thats what people are getting at, no one cares if they look similar, people just care that the dude who created them couldn't be screwed changing their positions a little.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

Was that geared towards me? Because my point was within my post, and rather clear. Same position, three times = makes it seem a bit lazy, and naturally a lot of people are going to notice and complain.

Years
    I don't really complain about the genies I like them enough with the difference in "rings" but then again I'm not that hard to please...
    I would have liked it though if they had made the electric one have it's hands up high as if harnessing lightning or have Zeus like pose...

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    ...wow...I never actually thought people could be so...nit-picky...

In that case, why don't people get pissy that several Pokemon have the same cries? Charizard and Rhydon do. So do Poliwag and Ditto.

Yet no one seems to give a damn. Also, if I remember correctly, Dragonair and Onix sahre the exact same sprite positioning in HG/SS.

@JP: It was actually aimed Pink Squid, but you ninja'd before I could get my post in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back