• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B/W Legendaries Discussion

Which legendaries do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Too many legendaries, especially the trios, the more they make, the less ideas they will have...I mean, what else will they have? Legendaries for hearing, taste, smell, touch, sight?
    Well we didn't think they had much to do after gen 4 was over and look 13 new legends the next generation, I'm certain GF can think up of more ideas :)
    I do think they should have made only nine but the extra 4 aren't bad legends either ;)

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I thought there was a bit too many legends. Ever since Hoenn :( I liked it with only a small bunch, 7 sounds about enough, excluding event only. I mean they are meant ot be super rare, and filling the dex with them is a little too much.

Get rid of the genies I say!

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    But the genies are so cool. :\Heck, I like em better than the Musketeers.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    But the genies are so cool. :\Heck, I like em better than the Musketeers.

:O :O :O

I will ignore that atrocious comment supporting the atrocity that is the genies.

[/random]Victini reminds me of a radioactive rat *shot*[\random]

I voted for Virizion in the poll. Grass/Fighting legend FTW! (how is Victini winning ?_? )

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

:O :O :O

I will ignore that atrocious comment supporting the atrocity that is the genies.

[/random]Victini reminds me of a radioactive rat *shot*[\random]

I voted for Virizion in the poll. Grass/Fighting legend FTW! (how is Victini winning ?_? )
    I think that Victini is winning because it's the new Mew, and everyone liked it in Gen I. I didn't vote for it, but I am taking a liking to it not only because of its cuteness, but also because it learns 2 cool signature moves: V-Generate and Ball of Flame.

Anyway, I voted for the legendaries who I thought looked cool: Cobalon, Terrakion, Reshiram, Zekrom, Genesect.

SharKing319

King o' Sharpedo, baby.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    2 fun facts before my choice.

1. The user posting this forgot Keldio in the poll, LOL.
    2. The number of Legends introduced in B/W is the same number of those intro'd in D/P: 13. However, they take up a smaller percentage this time around because of the much larger number of overall Pokes introduced.

I say Reshiram. It looks awesome, I really like its roar in the cutscenes, and it's a beast in competitive play, especially since its STABs alone are completely unresisted (Turboblaze kills Heatran's Flash Fire).

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
    B/W Legendaries Discussion

lol wtf
    anyways am i seeing something
    oh well theyre better than yu gi oh

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

lol wtf

When I saw this post yesterday, I thought it was in the legendaries thread D; Anyway! Moved to this thread because it's a discussion topic rather than you just picking your favourite.

I never actually noticed those similarities between Reshiram/Zekrom and the Yu-Gi-Oh monsters. I know everyone compared them to Digimon, but wow they're kinda close to Yu-Gi-Oh. Pretty sure they weren't inspired by the anime though, but oh well! I prefer these designs tbh.

2 fun facts before my choice.

1. The user posting this forgot Keldio in the poll, LOL.

Oh I added in the poll, I forgot about it somehow. XD; Fixed anyway!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

lol wtf
    When I first saw Reshiram and Zekrom, that was what I thought as well. Zekrom looks like a bulkier Red-Eyes B. Dragon to me and Reshiram looks more like a furrier version of Blue Eyes White Dragon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I read on another site that each legendary trio might be based on the place of origin as the Starters Snivy being based on a Western dragon (according to the creator) while the musketter trio is based on the French novel (France is a western country) while the Mascot trio is based on a Chinese philosophy and Tepig is based on a Chinese novel as well forgot what it was called... and the Kami trio is based on Japanese gods hence their name the "Kami trio" while Oshawott is based on the Samurai a Japanese warrior, you have to admit its too much of a coincidence :)
    I hope to get a Victini right away, it's one of my favorite legends of this gen but then again I like them all lol.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Hey guys, I have a question for anyone here...and this has striked my curiosity for a while now: Kerudio counts as a legendary, right? If so, what kind of legendary is it, and what's the whole big story behind it? I know the last questions sounds like a really huge spoiler or something(which I'm not fond of getting), but to me, it seems more like some event legendary or something that you'd get off of Nintendo Wi-fi or something. D:
    Keldeo is supposedly the 4th (newest) member of the Legendary Musketeers because of its Water/Fighting typing. Since it wasn't listed in the Unova Dex alongside its fellow Musketeers, I'm guessing that an event for it may be released in the future.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I have been ignoring this thread because I didnt know what to say o.o

But I think I know now! 8D My favorite legendary so far would have to be Reshiram. I love its design and must I say: Congradulations Reshiram for becoming the first ever Dragon/Fire type, I dont give a penguins flipper about Zekrom....... Oh and my 2nd favorite legendary for Unove would have to be Victini. I officially welcome Victini to the "fairy legendary family" Victini, Manaphy, Jirachi, Celebi, and Mew. Yay!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Legendaries are now going to be further discussed in this thread HERE.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back