• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B/W Legendaries Discussion

Which legendaries do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Oh wow, the Sugimori artwork for Kyurem looks a lot better than the fanart. I like the concept of the wings being broken, because it makes it sound more ancient. I do wish the Sugimori artwork was more blue-er, though. :(

It is okay, I like its pose, but I agree it needs more blue. There is too much dark grey/brown for my liking.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Wait wait wait...Vast White and Deep Black Pokemon (Reshiram and Zekrom, respectively)? WTF? Exactly what was wrong with White Yang and Black Yin as species descriptors? :cer_pissed: Are the localizers too afraid to reference the concept of yin-yang or something? :cer_cry: A good chunk of the game seems to be based around that!! At this rate, we're gonna get Huge Gray for Kyuremu... >_>

Sigh...at least they got Turboblaze and Teravoltage correct, as well as Zorua and Zoroark retaining their names... I'm a bit worried about the English names of other things this Gen... :surprised:

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I'm usually pretty indifferent to legends, and this gen. is no different. I must say besides maybe the genies and Genosect, there aren't any legends I really like this generation. Just a bunch of meh ones. I love the non legendary BW Pokemon though so no harm done. :P

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'm pretty sure he was referring to how many of them there were, not how many legs... he said Quad, not Quadripedal.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The unicorn doesn't really feel like it is apart of them. When I think about their group, I think of just the main three (though mainly Virizon because it's the prettiest and the bulldog I tend to forget about... but the blue thing, oh God no).

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The Unicorn surely is the forth musketeer. It suits the story and everything and it shares their nature/signature moves.

otaku-dono

Merkabah
    Years
    There are too many again this gen. The /Flying trio is pathetic; you would think they'd perhaps even attempt to make them in a slightly different pose or something but nope, they're identical. Kerudio is adorable, Meloetta is quite cool and Genosekuto is pretty boss, but other than them I'm indifferent.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    They probably would seem more like a quad group if the unicorn had a design similar to the other three. I dunno, they just look different, making them look less like a group. D:

And at the above poster: Well, there is the fact that there are more new Pokemon than in any other generation, suggesting why the legendaries are so high.

otaku-dono

Merkabah
    Years
    Well, there is the fact that there are more new Pokemon than in any other generation, suggesting why the legendaries are so high.

Just because there are a lot of Pokemon doesn't mean there has to be so many. 5th gen doesn't have that many more Pokemon than 1st gen, and 1st gen makes do with 5. Really all that's needed is a trio, one or two main legends and an event Pokemon, not a whole bunch of random, superfluous ones.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, Genosect is the event, the main legends would be Reshiram/Zekrom and due to them, for a third game, Kyurem is needed. As for the trios, I agree that the genies aren't needed, but the musketeers are fine. Anddd... I can't think of other legendaries besides Meloetta, so if you break it down, the amount of legendaries isn't that bad, imo. :3 Oh and Victini is needed because it's the Celebi/etc of the 5th generation.

otaku-dono

Merkabah
    Years
    for a third game, Kyurem is needed.

But it's not. They managed to not have specific legendary for two gens, and only introduced it in 3rd gen because it kinda made sense. Then they seem to have thought "herpa derp how can we make more legendz" and it just went downhill from there.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The only one I could see replacing is the ring leader from the quad group, which is the unicorn. Zekrom/Reshiram are opposites and represent ying/yang. Throwing in the unicorn, which doesn't relate to them would make the game seem less continuous. It's hard to explain really, but in gen 2, it was okay because Ho-Oh/Lugia didn't "complete" each other, so Suicune seemed fine for the third game.

Kyurem as a whole matches Reshiram/Zekrom too, continuing the second grouping of Pokemon, being electric, fire and ice, represented by Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, and others (with the other grouping being water, grass and fire). Plus fire/electric don't really relate to each other as much without ice being in the middle, representing the "ice age" imo. So... that's why I feel Kyurem is necessary.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    An interesting thing to note about the musketeer trio/quartet is that they're the first quadrupedal Fighting Pokemon, apart from Fist Plate Arceus.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    There are too many again this gen. The /Flying trio is pathetic; you would think they'd perhaps even attempt to make them in a slightly different pose or something but nope, they're identical. Kerudio is adorable, Meloetta is quite cool and Genosekuto is pretty boss, but other than them I'm indifferent.

I like the genies. Their design are fun and I've grown to like their similarities.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    The official artwork for the leprosy genie trio makes them look much more fierce also.

Kyuremu is my favourite legend still.
    Pity it isn't that usable in battle and its signature move is crap.

Dystopia

What goes here?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2010
    I agree with the majority that the outcome of the genie trio is a disappointing one, however I think they are better than Generation Four's elf trio (namely Azelf, Uxie and Mespirit). Genosect could have done with a tertiary colour as it seems fairly monotonous and at first I found it difficult to differentiate the gun with the actual body. On the topic of Genosect, I think the concept is wonderful.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back