• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B/W WTF Moment Thread !

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    Okay..So i was playing a Japanese rom and encountered a WTF moment..So i came here to see if there was a WTF moment thread...there wasn't so decided to make one...
    I was fighting cheren's pokabu with my tsutarja(snivy)...He got a crit and i mis clicked...So i was at 3-4 hp and pokabu had like 80%...He could have finished me instantly BUT he tail whipped for 4 turns in a row O_O...Seriously WTF...the worst AI ever !

Last edited:
    Years
    When i got given a fire version of Yanapu. I thought WTF? why are they making the first gym so easy? i liked it when you had to grind to get a certain attack thet would wipe out the whole gym.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    My first WTF moment came while playing an unpatched ROM yesterday, where I realized I wasn't leveling up. I'm probably going to have more to come soon.

Oh wait, second one. I was battling against Cheren in my patched White ROM just now, and he used Leer for all four turns. Being the person that I am, I kept using Tackle. When I had him down to red, he used Tackle on me. It went first, critical'd, and I lost. WTF.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    Let's see:

• Thought you had to fight all three of the guys in the first gym, so I had everything planned out, and it turns out you only fight one of them :(
    • After beating the gym, I wanted to go over to the place to the left of the city, and the guy wouldn't let me through, and since I don't know Japanese or Whatever, I just left, pissed at the old guy.
    • After beating team Plasma, I couldn't even catch a Munna in the grass, I weakened it down with my Pooch, Izzy, but no luck, I just couldn't catch it, Then all these little bars were popping out from the sides, almost like I encountered a special Munna, but it wasn't anything special, it was just a Munna. After throwing 2 Pokeballs and a Great ball, I just gave up and Bit it.
    Sorry if alot of these are lame, if not all, it's just Not to many super strange things have happened to me yet.

Years
    New WTF moment's
    How my Fire monkey can get beaten by a ball of cotton wool and grass, They were the same level and both at full health. Not to mention i used a super potion half way through :/ Dam you stun spore!!!!
    And also how my starter has become replace by the little yorkie i caught at the start of the game XD

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    How many wild battles there are. >.> Seriously, it seems like everytime I move, there's a wild Pokemon. :\
    Oh, and how often you meet your rivals at the beginning of the game. They're everywhere! o_o Seriously, I've beattled both of them twice and I haven't even got my first badge yet. :\

Last edited:

Mujahid

Years
    Looks like not many are getting Those WTF moments...anyways...i got another..
    My janobii's slam missed 4 turns in a row ...WTF !!..Wait ,there's more to add Atei's hoiga got 2 crits consecutively -.- ...come on !

Years
    Well it's not that people aren't having WTF moments. It's that not that many people have the game yet.

Also another WTF moment.
    I have ran into 6 chansey clones and a shiny yet i can't find the blue water monkey X|

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    The Hihidaruma "Statues" in the Resort Desert... They have Drama Mode, but didn't see it so wow freaked me out that Drama Mode is an ability that Hihidaruma can get.

How many wild battles there are. >.> Seriously, it seems like everytime I move, there's a wild Pokemon. :\
    Oh, and how often you meet your rivals at the beginning of the game. They're everywhere! o_o Seriously, I've beattled both of them twice and I haven't even got my first badge yet. :\

Yeah you guys are basically traveling together at the start of the game... Its not like previous games where your friend would travel at the same time yet always be ahead of you.

Last edited:

Mujahid

Years
    Well it's not that people aren't having WTF moments. It's that not that many people have the game yet.

Also another WTF moment.
    I have ran into 6 chansey clones and a shiny yet i can't find the blue water monkey X|

Oh sweet lord ! ...What are u ..a gud luck machine ?! ..I'll feel myself extremely lucky if i manage to see even 1 tabune

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    The Hihidaruma "Statues" in the Resort Desert... They have Drama Mode, but didn't see it so wow freaked me out that Drama Mode is an ability that Hihidaruma can get.

Yeah you guys are basically traveling together at the start of the game... Its not like previous games where your friend would travel at the same time yet always be ahead of you.

So I'll face them less as I progress further? Fair enough. :D

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
    Years
    In the flying gym, the last cannon would send you to the gym leader. But instead of landing safely, you will hit the wall and slowly slide back on floor. Definitely the most dangerous gym so far. XD

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013

Also another WTF moment.

What starter Pokemon did you choose? You get Hiyappu (Water Monkey) if you started with Tsutarja (I did and nicknamed it "Smug" xD)

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Okay, so, this is just a general WTF.

You have two routes before the first gym. Somehow you're supposed to get up to level 14 (at least, I do), and have a second Pokemon that can beat the monkey that is powerful against your starter.
    You have one route between the first and second gym (which you have the Abandoned Lot and a cave, all with same level Pokemon) to gain 6 levels on.

W.T.F. >__>;

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
    i almost always level grind even without myself realizing it... so i had 2 Pokemon on Lvl 15 by
    the first gym anyway xDDD

First WTF moment: First Wild Encounter being Tabuune and then fighting it 4 times before the 1st Gym xDDD i was like "What's so lucky about this thing?!"

and this should be everyones WTF moment
    Seeing that Guy with the 3 pronged hair Teleporting at the Abandoned Lot
    i mean... the heck man?! i wanna TELEPORT!! >=O !! haha xD

Zenith95s

El Psy Congroo
    Years
    Only two:
    ◘◘ I encountered no Pokémon while going to the first town!
    ◘◘ I got a critical Tackle while battling to Belle's Pokabu! It's HP came to 10% while it was near 80%!

solspear

PKMN Trainer Kame
    Years
    first WTF moment: i beat the first gym with tsutaja

second WTF moment: when i realised i was doing a tsutaja only run in this game.
    Gonna be rough, frustrating and... frustratingx2

Mujahid

Years
    Wow...i just had a major WTF moment...i was looking for a tabunne for so long but never encountered that thing...So ..Today i was walking in the grass suddenly i found a tabunne..I wasn't expecting it ..after i caught it the next step i made...*battle music starts*..."A wild tabunne appeared"(in japanese of course)/...WTF !!..

Back