• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B/W's Storyline: Opinions?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    What do you like about B/W's storyline? Was it lengthy enough? Is there anything you think could have been added to improve the storyline? Do you think the post-e4 storyline is creative enough (7 sages)? Basically yeah, just your general opinions about the storylines overall. :)

And if you can't read Japanese, check Serebii/PokeBeach :(

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well, since I have the Pokebeach version, which translated good, I think Team Plasma was great. Except I would like N to not use the Pokemon in his area, but whatever. I liked N, I actually understood his ideals and for once, I felt like I was the bad guy. Of course, the Grunts were funny as always XD;

Zet

Years
  • Did you just say 7 sages?! This is quite a possible Zelda reference. Though I've always quite liked the idea of having to battle my way up to the elite 4 instead of just battling them straight away.

Years
  • Oh wait well the rest of Isshu was good too, except that I kinda hated how easy it was to beat the Gym Leaders, but the Trainers gave me the challenge.

Choosing how you fight is awesome, except maybe next time they should up the levels but then again it'd be too hard.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    IMO it felt like Finale Fantasy with the whole storyline. I liked how the gym leaders played a part in the story instead of beging someone you just fight. My only concern is how will they top off the 3rd game, and if there is a RSE remake how will they do it these are two different type of games.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I haven't played B/W yet, but I did see a few YouTube videos about it. What I didn't like about the storyline is that you don't get to fight the champ prior to the National Dex, and that you battle Reshiram/Zekrom, as well as N during your E4 challenge. I found that disappointing because I normally use the box legends on my final teams when I challenge the E4.

Maxite

Ideas and Insanity
    Years
  • I rather like how the story was set up. It pulls you into the game a bit more than previous generations did.

Of course, the battle of N and the legendary during the Elite Four, I both like and don't like. It's nice to have something so different, and yet it just seems like a poor place to have the final villain battle during the Elite Four.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I love the story. So much more interesting than previous ones... it just pulls you in. Something I particularly liked, like MrGriszell said, was that the gym leaders had a bit more of a role to play than just to battle. It felt a bit more...umm, realistic? lol

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • i liked the story....but i dont liked tht n uses pokemon from his area like choroneko.
    btw where to find translated version vause i plays both in japanes and dont understand a word
    pm me if you find

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Its certainly different, I just don't like how they downgraded the E4, I mean they're the E4.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    I liked the story alot..and the fact that you have to go back and fight a elite four that was a actual challenge was pretty good

Bay

Years
  • Its certainly different, I just don't like how they downgraded the E4, I mean they're the E4.
    Well the original G/S/C and the HG/SS games have the Elite 4 downgraded too, though it's because you'll be battling the Kanto Gym leaders and then Red. I think their levels are like that because you might be doing a few things post game stuff. I do know however in B/W you can do a rematch with them and their Pokemon are in higher levels than last time.

As for me, from what I heard about the storyline I personally think it's the best storyline so far. I like gym leaders having slightly important roles like some other people said, the characters, and also the plot twist I like a lot too. Really can't wait until the games come out in the US.

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    From what I have read about B/W; The storyline is sounding very hopeful and Team Plasma seem to have a very good storyline; maybe possibly the best?

Garringman

Erupting Nightmare
    Years
  • I really liked the story and the way everything was set up and N out of all of the villains in the entire series is my definite favorite because of his ideals and the way he acts toward the protagonist throughout the game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    The story's quite awesome!! But I think the plot and the region itself is too small...
    :( It deserves to get a longer plot and the region itself, of course have to be bigger as well!

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I don't have the game, but I saw video's on it, and I think the E4 shouldn't be smaller than before. Also, i was planning to use Resh and Zek in my team :(.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • I found how the bad guys actually felt like bad guys.
    Manipulated son and evil father using his agenda as a cover for his true motives.

Gym leaders standing up to protect what they stand for, and they all actually act on it instead of sending the protagonist on a quest on his own.

I also like how the legendary dragons aren't godly like the previous legendaries that are entwined into the story, but rather stand as as symbols for two different ideals.

Methinks B/W had a much more human-centered story than the previous games.
    And I liked it a lot.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I found how the bad guys actually felt like bad guys.
    Manipulated son and evil father using his agenda as a cover for his true motives.

Gym leaders standing up to protect what they stand for, and they all actually act on it instead of sending the protagonist on a quest on his own.

I also like how the legendary dragons aren't godly like the previous legendaries that are entwined into the story, but rather stand as as symbols for two different ideals.

Methinks B/W had a much more human-centered story than the previous games.
    And I liked it a lot.
    Oooh, so they are father and son? Thats great. Makes sense considering how much they look alike.

Back