• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Back to school!

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    So most of you have either already gone back to school, or are going back soon. But what are your personal favourite and least favourite thing about being back at school?

Favourite: Seeing all my friends again, since my school is about 4/5 miles away so it's quite hard to see people.

Least Favourite: Getting up. I am such a night person, so I go to bed late, and waking up a 7AM is hard. But there's no relaxing slow get up either, its just like BAM get dressed, BAM on the bus xD.

Tell me what are your favourite and least favourite.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    My favorite would be reuniting with my buds and getting to see my crush, haha. Parents would always tell me that when I'm in school, I should do my best and review, review, review, but reality check: not a lot of kids do that anymore.

Least favorite is having to wake up really, really early in the morning. I'm not a night owl, though, and I'm not a morning person, too -- I guess you can say I like afternoons best. The other thing I don't like about school is the fact that we actually have to learn stuff.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    College starts for me on September 26th, and I'll have to agree that reuniting with friends would be the best thing. I haven't been able to see some of them at all during the summer, so it's going to be great to be able to talk to them again (well, I've been talking to them over Skype, but, y'know... we just haven't seen each other face-to-face).

My classes begin at 10:30 am, so I wouldn't have to worry about waking up early. It takes a long time to get to my college, though, since it's pretty far away from where I live. It takes about an hour to get there, but could take longer if there's heavy traffic. d:

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • My favourite thing: I get to meet my friends and yeah that's it.
    My least favourite thing One thing just one thing, STUDIYING.

Sirfetch’d

My favorite thing about returning to college was that I would finally have something to do rather than sit around all day. I could finally get out and meet new people which was really exciting to me.

My least favorite part was definitely having to wake up at 6am for a early morning class. I am not a morning person so this is a bit hard on me.

Years
  • Even though I'm not quite in school, I guess I could go by past experience, right?

The best part was that I was able to reunite with old friends as always, and get to talk with them. I was also glad to be able to get out of the house do productive things as well.

The worst part, on the other hand, was having to get up early and do work.. I disliked it when teachers gave me boatloads of homework and not enough time to finish, which just caused me to become more of a procrastinator.

Years
  • I started August 28th. My favorite part is having less class hours than previous semesters this time around, but least favorite.. my French class. It's awful and going to be so boring. :(

Years
  • Favorite: Actually have something to do during a college semester.

Least Favorite: Getting a bad grade on something, it inevitably happens to everybody. I don't have to worry about getting up early this semester, since my classes start at 1 pm at the earliest.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Well, I started Sixth Form (basically college but ya know) yesterday so yeah. No more compulsory and suckish school uniforms!! :o

Favourite: Being able to see friends again, being able to see people I don't really hang out with outside of school but still get along with again, and actually being able to eat more healthily. Because whenever I go out obviously I eat more junk food than anything, so having less time for that means that I eat less bad stuff and eat more healthy options.

Least Favourite: Being clamped down by homework and getting extra stress over exams.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I find school to be pretty interesting so far. I've only came back on the 3rd September, but It feels like I never left.

My issue with school is that most for the students there are irritating or noisy. There's no really bullying, just silliness. Considering that they're teenagers, I think they need to grow up a bit as GSCEs are going to be hard for them.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I think the freedom of being in college is both a blessing and a curse. Most of the times, kids look forward to college and being on their own. I was no different. I enjoy being able to go to class and come back, eat whenever I want, sleep whenever I want. But ultimately I think the change is something I'll have to get used to. Growing up in a house with the constant care of parents is something that I grew used to over eighteen years. And I wouldn't call it homesickness per se, but the thought that things will never go back, starting with this school year, is the worst feeling.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
    Years
  • My favorite thing would have to hanging out with all friends again, and no longer sitting around at home with nothing to do everyday. My least favorite thing is probably getting up so early and having to have to do schoolwork, 'cause I'm lazy.

Sirfetch’d

I think the freedom of being in college is both a blessing and a curse. Most of the times, kids look forward to college and being on their own. I was no different. I enjoy being able to go to class and come back, eat whenever I want, sleep whenever I want. But ultimately I think the change is something I'll have to get used to. Growing up in a house with the constant care of parents is something that I grew used to over eighteen years. And I wouldn't call it homesickness per se, but the thought that things will never go back, starting with this school year, is the worst feeling.

Yeah going back to the freedom of college was exciting for me as well. I'll also agree with you that the freedom has it's downside. In my case I see the freedom negatively sometimes because it is so easy to skip class and the temptation to do so is always there. I took advantage of this last semester and nearly made a C in once class because my attendance was so low. Kinda makes me miss the strictness of high school where you HAD to attend.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • My favourite thing is seeing friends as well as meeting new people. You find fun people you never knew about last year and it's very fun.

My least favourite thing is how it messed up my summer sleeping schedule. I'm exhausted everyday now.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    Favorite things: meeting people both old and new and my psychology professor

My Least favorite thing is waking up at 7:00 in the morning Mondays and Wednesdays. Taking Chemistry and Anatomy in the same day is tiring.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • My favorite thing about going back to school is the fresh start. First days are so much fun, but sometimes they can be a liiiitle awkward, especially the introductions. xD Another favorite thing, and this applies to this semester, is that I have a much organized schedule. I have classes every monday-thursday night from 6:30 to 9:40 pm. Which leaves me all day to either do homework or do nothing.

Least favorite thing to do is probably the commute. There's traffic 10 minutes prior to arriving and the drivers near my school are so horrible. :(

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • I started school back in august. I think the 8th. anyway

Fave:I only have one class. yaaay. so I leave at 8:30 am everyday. Also another fave thing bout school is that time passes faster.

Least fave: I GOTTA GET UP AT 6. Nuff said. Plus homework. I dont care if I have one class. homework still sucks. also I hate being around alot of people so thats another reason why I hate school. LUCKILY I dont have to stay all day and I dont have to eat all that ****** food my school has. yuuuck.

Whisbii

→ Persistence
    Years
  • My favorite thing about school is that I get to engage into course studies varying on different topics. I also enjoy the long boring public rides on the bus (somehow I do) and being away from home. The campus atmosphere is pretty nice and my professors are open to meeting up if you need assistance which makes things better.

The bad side is taking the bus. I did say I enjoyed it a bit, but I take eight buses a day and about 4 hours a day are spent on the bus.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Honestly, **** school. I could be a stripper for all I care.

Back