• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Back to the Grind(stone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • I'd still play it even if it was buggy. I like how the game incorporates elements from many genres - shooting, RPG stats and skills, crafting, and now building. Also, dog. It seems that what most people have against the game is its lack of polish, but I thought Bethesda was better than that? *shrug*
    Not particularly. Bethesda's definitely known for its sizable games and their quality, but said games' polish is usually lacking. Glitches tend to be everywhere (and given what they're working with, it's understandable) and they roll out patches but generally leave it to unnofficial patch makers to fix the game for them. Which means console players are basically left in the dust, often having to live with game-breaking glitches.

Oh, Bethesda. You card.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Gintama Warriors...I'd buy it. I'd buy the hell out of that, especially if the writers were on board. Can this be a thing?

And with all the strange choices for Warriors to date, I'd be less than surprised if we saw a Type-Moon Warriors. Sales for that would be through the roof.

And I'd be 100% down with Shin Megami Tensei Warriors. 200%. That needs to be a thing. We haven't had an ARPG SMT since Kuzunoha on the PS2.

And yeah, Fire Emblem Warriors would be pretty rad. It certainly has the cast for it, and it'd be interested to see how they'd meld the genres.

I can definitely see at least two of these things happening in the next 5 years.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Years
  • They want, it's not like it will happen xD

And you were supposed to be link the true winner!
    Valkyria Chroniclesssssssss!
    http://gematsu.com/2015/11/valkyria-azure-revolution-valkyria-chronicles-remaster-announced-for-ps4

If I expressed how hype I was I'd get a warning for spamming caps. So instead, I'll do this

416.gif

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • If I expressed how hype I was I'd get a warning for spamming caps. So instead, I'll do this

416.gif

Your .gif counts as a caps bypass, that's an infraction.

Some friends and I recently finished Leon's campaign in Resident Evil 6. It's a pretty good game, but man that last fight just drags out way too much. It's been fun to take turns playing though.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Your .gif counts as a caps bypass, that's an infraction.

Some friends and I recently finished Leon's campaign in Resident Evil 6. It's a pretty good game, but man that last fight just drags out way too much. It's been fun to take turns playing though.

Leon's campaign is the only campaign in RE6 that's suppose to be good due to feeling like an actual RE game.

Years
  • Your .gif counts as a caps bypass, that's an infraction.

Damn, time to call HR.

I have yet to play RE6. I've been on the fence about getting it tbh.

Sir Codin

GTA V now 40% off on Steam until December 1st.

****in' nabbed.

pkmin3033

Anyone with access to the EU PSN should pick up Resonance of Fate. It's £3. Total steal.

...but sales are unbelievably **** this year! Nothing on the PSN or the eShop at all for me (I already own everything worth owning!) and the stores are lousy. I feel very cheated; I was anticipating spending upwards of £50 today. I should be glad that I've saved money, but...what happened to all the bargains? Who is responsible for organizing things this year?!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • The deals have been pretty great for me- though not on PSN or the eshop (though, at least in the US, I saw some pretty good eshop deals). Nabbed Rocket League from the Co-op sale and J-Stars Mediocrity Vs+ from the BF sale. Those were pretty much the only noteworthy deals since they were the lowest ever prices for the respective games.

Steam has an ungodly number of good deals this sale, so I stepped up to the plate, immediately ignored my wishlist and bought a game whose presence I'd pretty much ignored up to that point. *cough*...Huniepop. Which, admittedly, has been very enjoyable and has taken up quite a bit of my time. There are other deals but I'm trying to tunnel down what I want, passing up some things in hopes that they'll receive better price drops during the Christmas sale (which I'm starting to doubt, because some of the deals are REALLY damn good).

Other than that, in-store sales have been pretty good. I was tempted to buy MH4, but passed, and Project Diva 3DS was $10 off, but I passed that up as well. I'd probably say that the place with the best physical deals right now is the Square Enix store. Pretty much all of their high-profile games were <$10, and I'd have nabbed HD Remix 1.5 and Drakengard 3 had their shipping costs been lower. 's good stuff, though, really wish I'd've been able to get Chrono Trigger DS for $6 before it mysteriously disappeared.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Anyone with access to the EU PSN should pick up Resonance of Fate. It's £3. Total steal.

...but sales are unbelievably **** this year! Nothing on the PSN or the eShop at all for me (I already own everything worth owning!) and the stores are lousy. I feel very cheated; I was anticipating spending upwards of £50 today. I should be glad that I've saved money, but...what happened to all the bargains? Who is responsible for organizing things this year?!
    Maybe they wait for the Christmas sale...?
    Guess I shouldn't be that optimistic =D

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Maybe they wait for the Christmas sale...?
    Guess I shouldn't be that optimistic =D
    Probably. The spotlight here was mostly on Triple-A titles like Destiny and Metal Gear.

Except the deals aren't really all that different than usual. Or good. Basically just a ploy to make a quick buck oh hey just like most other Black Friday deals

On that note, SAO HF's $10. Still not sure if I should bite the bullet and get that or go for Re:HF. *Sigh* If only they had a way to switch between translations.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I'm not sure if I want to get it now, or wait and see if it's cheaper during the Christmas Sale.

Plus, I don't know how well it'll handle on my new laptop. I should look into it and see.
    I'd imagine it'll be the same, give or take. And if its deals aren't as good, there'll certainly be 3rd party stores with ones on par. Currently, G2A's already cheaper, and I'm almost 100% that they'll be around as cheap then.

...'course I won't recommend G2A if only because it's very easy to accidentally turn on the auto-renewing G2A shield if you're not careful, and I don't want anyone to fall into that by accident.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • G2A also seems a bit shady, so I'll just wait for Steam. If someone gifts me the game for Christmas it'll be nice, otherwise I have $21.99 pending for my wallet and I can just add another $25 or so on my next paycheck and wait for another sale.
    It is kinda shady, but that really comes with the territory. They generally have a lot of good deals (Probably the most obvious of which would be Just Cause 3 for $30ish, among others), but yeah, "shady"'s a pretty accurate description

'S pretty much the eBay of digital gaming, except it does also have products that they themselves sanction and their customer service is, surprisingly, better than average. I've never had a bad transaction myself and I use them pretty often...but I did accidentally sell someone a used key, so the risk is definitely there. Customer Service worked with me to get 'em another one, though, so- wait a minute, this is starting to turn into an advertisement.

Put simply, yeah, good deals and potentially risky. Steam's definitely a safer choice, and since you already have most of the money (albeit pending), I don't see why not.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I grabbed GTA V on sale as well. I tried to play it on this laptop, but the world wouldn't load fast enough for my car, lmao! Once I get my new computer I'll be rocking GTA Online ;)

Bay

Years
  • Other than that, in-store sales have been pretty good. I was tempted to buy MH4, but passed, and Project Diva 3DS was $10 off, but I passed that up as well. I'd probably say that the place with the best physical deals right now is the Square Enix store. Pretty much all of their high-profile games were <$10, and I'd have nabbed HD Remix 1.5 and Drakengard 3 had their shipping costs been lower. 's good stuff, though, really wish I'd've been able to get Chrono Trigger DS for $6 before it mysteriously disappeared.

I was able to get Chrono Trigger DS during the Black Friday sale (mentioned a bit of that in the Recent Purchases thread). Guess I was lucky, haha. I also considered getting The World Ends With You, but it was waitlisted and wasn't sure if I was able to guarantee in getting it. Ah well.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I was able to get Chrono Trigger DS during the Black Friday sale (mentioned a bit of that in the Recent Purchases thread). Guess I was lucky, haha. I also considered getting The World Ends With You, but it was waitlisted and wasn't sure if I was able to guarantee in getting it. Ah well.
    Aw, man. It's not too much of a loss since I really just wanted the game for collection purposes since I've already played it (specifically the DS one), but it never really goes below $20 and CT's probably the game I want most for the sake of novelty.

/sigh Ah, well. I might just bite the bullet one of these days before the game decides to up and go rare.

But yeah, the waitlist was a lost cause. Waitlisted...Dream Drop Distance, I believe, and they never got back to me- hell, I doubt any of the games were restocked after the fact.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back