• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Back to the Grind(stone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

It's easy to imagine Kratos being killed off...it's harder to imagine him actually staying dead. This is the guy who climbed his way out of the underworld three times, after all...the third time he killed the freakin' god of the underworld on his way out, too.

In any case, I'm quite disappointed in the lack of anything even remotely exciting in Sony's E3 conference...I mean, I suppose the new GoW looks interesting, but I can't see it turning Kratos into a protagonist with more than one emotion. That said, the PSP titles - Ghost of Sparta especially - actually DID humanise him a little, so who knows. It can't really get much worse for him when he's a literal rage machine, after all.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Kratos is basically THE Edgiest of the EDGE, at least someone who is in the level of Reaper.

Also, killing off Kratos is like killing off your own company's mascot. Its like having smutty affections towards your own cousin. DO NOT EVER

Also, Mirror's Catalyst so far has gotten less favorable reviews, i mean the reviews were still positive but...

Also, the Cybercafe i still visit has some Wolftenstein The New Order. Finally something i can play other than what i usually don't.

Last edited:

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    I don't know, it seems like they are trying to add more depth to Kratos with the whole parent plot, make him less Mr. Angry, although it was funny how his Spartan Rage meter was rising when he got angry at his son. It's easy to miss if your video isn't on highest quality.

pkmin3033

Like killing his kid once wasn't enough...

I hope they explain how he managed to survive falling from a cliff after having a blade shoved through his midsection. I hope the explanation is better than "a god you're going to have to kill later did it!" too...maybe I'm expecting a little too much already, haha.

Sir Codin

In any case, I'm quite disappointed in the lack of anything even remotely exciting in Sony's E3 conference...I mean, I suppose the new GoW looks interesting, but I can't see it turning Kratos into a protagonist with more than one emotion. That said, the PSP titles - Ghost of Sparta especially - actually DID humanise him a little, so who knows. It can't really get much worse for him when he's a literal rage machine, after all.
    Really?

Kojima finally getting to make something with Norman Reedus after getting shafted out of Silent Hills (which looked awesome) by Konami didn't grab you?

pkmin3033

Kojima finally getting to make something with Norman Reedus after getting shafted out of Silent Hills (which looked awesome) by Konami didn't grab you?
    Not...really? Kojima isn't particularly noteworthy to me. He doesn't make the kinds of games I'm interested in...and I'm not the sort of person to get excited just because someone is working on a project usually anyway.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    AVATAR CHANGGGGGEEEEEEEE!!! Well i made the decision to finally turn Overwatch as my primary multiplayer outlet while League will only be some sort of secondary quest. And it doesn't matter what everyone says.. Reaper is the EDGIEST of EDGELORDS, and You will all love him for it.

Back in my day, killing machines can't be humanized. So yeah Kratos will always be a killing machine. That's how it goes and we will always love/hate him for it. Doesn't matter if his sense of logic pretty much went axe-crazy since GoW2, as long as he's doing the killing.

Everybody has their like tastes and interests. I can pretty much say that the only things I'm interested at are anything made by Idsoftware and their alumni (John Romero) and I'll pretty much be all over it, and everyone will tell me "BUT XIN AREN'T YOU EXCITED WITH THE NEW GOJIMIA GAME?" I'll be like "THE ONLY REAL GODS THAT I KNOW ARE IDSOFTWARE AND JOHN ROMERO!"

Oh and did i guess that there was going to be a new Serious Sam game, at announced at this year's E3? OF COURSE I DID! Oh my gawsh. However, its VR, and if everyone thought of Serious Sam, it was basically fighting large packs.. wait not just packs but ARMIES of enemies in huge open areas while running around them until you shot every single enemy. That into VR... damn.. they better find a way to make that work.

Also, watching the Wintendo Treehouse stream right now.

Sir Codin

Okay, so here's a brief on my thoughts on things shown on E3 in crude stick figure drawing:

Back to the Grind(stone)

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    As much as I love to admit it, Sony killed this year's E3. As for Bethesda, well, i'm pretty meh'd at their showing for this year. The new Quake game from Idsoftware did get me pumped, even though its a multiplayer arena shooter game instead of what i thought would be a Quake reboot based from the very first Quake game.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    From Bethesda's conference, only Dishonored 2 looked somewhat interesting to me. I generally don't play multiplayer arena shooters, so Quake remake didn't really interest me. Didn't help that half of the conference was DLC shilling and talking about pointless remasters.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    I don't mind it if IdSoft continues to carry Bethesda for the following years.

Okay, while I was quite excited with the new Quake game Champions, I was expecting something like a reboot of the original Quake, and going on from there. I mean, some people may want a quake Reboot based from Quake 2, but considering how space based shooting and supermurder has been somewhat done to death, and with other people saying that the whole Stroggos Quake storyline has been done to death, i would have liked to see Quake go back from its original Lovecraftian inspired roots since as much as it is so orgamiscally exciting to brutally glory kill demons, always, I'd like to see some first person graphic killing of Lovecraftian inspired monsters.

Then again Quake champions could be something interesting for those who are looking specifically into it and its style of gameplay. I do see a fair amount of dislikes (1,051,465 views, 10,886 Likes, 2,631 Dislikes) into said trailer. I mean Quake Live is still pretty much alive, and i guess people wanted more of a Quake 1 Reboot and not just a graphic haul of something that already exists (again referring to Quake Live), or probably make their own Hero-style shooter in the vein of Overwatch in order to combat the said game in the market.. (which will not work btw. Already telling without bias and based from a more aware perspective with Overwatch's appeal to a much wider audience)

The comments on this little video is quiet cancerous though. I actually took time to read them.

**** you bethesta, leave quake alone or do it right.
    - Okay kiddie, remember Idsoftware still does what they can. Sure they may be a little bit of Bethesda's meddling but considering how DOOM 2016 came out so great, things can come out nicely.

What I would have loved is to play Single player, and based on Quake 1...
    - This one i definitely like to agree with more. I really would have liked a reboot of Quake 1 and start a new Quake series from there on. Then again, DOOM 2016 has just been out for a couple of months so I guess it kinda makes sense for Idsoft and Bethesda to touch on Quake as an Arena shooter, but then again, it wouldn't be that hard. Sides, DOOM and Quake complement each other, not compete against.

Sooo, people needed a Quake game with a vast, mother*****, gory single player badass campaign and arena shooting multiplayer maps and Bethesda said
    ''**** all of you up the ass. We are gonna try to fight Overwatch with a clone game''

People wanted a new Elder Scrolls single player experience but Bethesda said
    ''**** all of you up the ass. We are gonna try to fight Rngstone with Elder Scrolls Legends and all the other MMOs with an Elder Scrolls Online game.

How about you put those brains of yours to real work and actually offer us the next installment of single player Elder Scrolls with an option for coop campaign with 3-4 friends, on a new majestic, badass land of Tamriel, with immersive and powerful melee combat system, beast taming, actual necromancy skill tree, a lot of mounts, the ability to create your own companies-guilds in game, to be able to populate and customize the dungeons you loot with traps and monsters and other big world creative things?

How about you give us an insanely big Quake 5 single player campaign with again, a coop mode and ultraviolent battles and maps? You could even have players join the Strogg during the Campaign and play the game backwards doing other missions and helping bosses and mini bosses against the human players.

You can do waaay better than what you offer Bethesda but I believe the leadership of the company just wants to compete with Blizzard when you could actually rekt other kinds of game types with easy, by having that amount of rights to titles with big lore and history we all love.

You are too busy milking the pure online model when you can be one of the videogame-lore-single player-coop mastery producers.
    - I would do everything in my HR power (once i finally trucking Graduate!) to get this guy into Idsoftware's studios, have the approval from both God Carmack and God Romero, and Lord Master Marty Stratton, and do whatever we can to bring him into power.

DOOM is back and skullf**king the FPS genre again, and as Blizzard tried to seek shelter in the arena shooter, DOOM's little kid brother stepped out of the shadows and said "B**ch, prepare URANUS!"
    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 comments like this make my truckin day. <3 <3 <3 ,3 <3

Last edited:

pkmin3033

For once, I'll keep my thoughts short: with Dragon Quest VII getting a release date of the 16th of September, I have gotten all I really wanted out of E3. That was more or less all I was interested in, since I already knew about Dishonored 2 and NieR Automata. Nothing else has leapt out at me as really worthy of excitement.

Last edited:

Yukari

I'm pretty sure this is the first E3 where I haven't seen anything I'm particularly excited about.

pkmin3033

I've not seen anything new that has excited me this year, either. I had all my excitement last week when Square Enix announced they were remastering their last decent Final Fantasy title. Topping that would have been pretty hard, considering I've wanted it for years. It was nice to get a couple of solid release dates, though...or release windows, I suppose.

Sir Codin

So what I'm getting is that Quake Champions is just a modern Quake III Arena?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    So what I'm getting is that Quake Champions is just a modern Quake III Arena?

Combine that with unique character abilities, objectives, glory kills, Gauntlet Fistsaws, Plasma Rifles, Payloads, King of the Crock, Capture the Frag, D.Va, and possibly objectives.

Definitely modern Quake 3 Arena.

I wouldn't mind if they put unique character abilities though. I mean an Arena shooter with pimp skills? HELL YEAH i'd play the crap out of Quake Champions.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    So Death Stranding will be actually a unique action game, kind of like Metal Gear was to action games back in the day. Kojima might be raising the expectations high, but honestly, I wouldn't mind even if it played exactly like MGSV.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    and since its going to be a Hideo Kojima game, I'm willing to bet his game is going to contain loads of cutscenes that should be great gameplay sections BUT NOPE CUTSCENE MOFOMUTHDA! VIDEO GAME IS ART! THEREFORE ENJOY ART! RESERVE YOUR SHOTGUNS according to Kojima.

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    Hmm.. that's an interesting thought. Makes me actually think to myself what I think of cutscenes in general.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing what the game is like, I suppose mainly because Norman Reedus, but I don't think I've actually ever played a Hideo Kojima game. I don't know if I should feel like a disgrace now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back