• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Back to the Grind(stone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Never played these games before, so it's a great remaster in my book.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Bethesda, when can we get a remastered Quake 1 and Quake 2 as a double package? : D Please let Id Software do their jobs.

Or better yet, a Quake 1 Reboot in the same style and visceral carnage as that of DOOM 2016? Bethesda plz. I know Quake champions is going to be your ticket into the post-2016 modern age multiplayer when it comes out to man up against the likes of Overwatch, Battlefield 1, and Infinite Warfare, and bring Bethesda and ZeniMax some of that money but still...

I've been playing a bit of Quake 2 (on hard difficulty) as a form of relaxation from the daily grinds of On the job training and League of legends, and Quake 2 is such an extraordinarily exquisite visitation of a childhood memory that I've never fully experienced.

Or maybe i wanna talk about the subject of remasters. Oh yeah that would make an excelsor topic i would say

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • It's a shame that Bioshock turned out to be a bad remaster. I hear there's almost no difference on PC, and it even looks worse in areas. Also tons of new bugs. Now I can't decide if I should play the remaster or just go with the original. At least they weren't that greedy and everyone who bought Bioshock got a free remaster copy.
    Oh? I've heard that the remasters are pretty solid and that it was the PC version that got the shaft. I've, at the very least, seen the performance issues on the good ol comp. Haven't tried it out yet, though.

Or maybe i wanna talk about the subject of remasters. Oh yeah that would make an excelsor topic i would say
    Huh, it's funny that you mention that. I was just thinking about that recently. Either one about how people feel about them in general or what people would love to see remasters of. We've had topics about this before, but different times, different people.

Speaking of times, PSN's having an...they say Animation, I say anime sale until tomorrow. The cuts are pretty damn deep, too, looking at quite a few games on there. I mean, they are cheap individually, but also I have classes to pay for. Then there's the chance of PC portage...orz

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Either one about how people feel about them in general or what people would love to see remasters of. We've had topics about this before, but different times, different people.

I would create the ultimate thread about it. Hopefully one that will be discussed for quite a while even. *Browses for cute anime girls or Re:Zero pics to accompany the thread title banner*

I just realized something.

For 20 fckin years or so, some or maybe a lot of us have followed Blizzard Entertainment through games such as Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo. And then things like this happens:

Battle.net brand will be killed off or retired by Blizzard:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20297652/battle-net-update

and Chris Metzen, the guy who has been the backbone writer and creative director of the story and lore of Blizzo's games, has retired..
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749157269

Jebbus.

Then again, the more modern Blizzo follower thanks to Overwatch may not care as much as the Diablo, Warcraft, and Starcraft crowd, but man oh man...

Anyway... I feel a lil... teary..
    R8Wj0te.png

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Usually remasters just update the graphics a bit and make PS2 games HD, but Last of Us Remaster is probably the only I've played that really makes a difference. I played the remaster at my friend's house and just can't play the PS3 one anymore.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Eh. Remasters. Sure, I've noticed the diff on the PS2 to PS3 leaps, but the PS3 to PS4?
    Not so much, based on the handful I've played (Deadpool, Devil May Cry 4 & DmC)
    In fact I'd argue Deadpool is more buggy than its previous gen variant, lmao.

Yukari

I already own all the games on steam so I have the Bioshock 1 and 2 remasters and I'm going to play through them so I can have some firsthand experience before really giving an opinion on them. I've seen some videos comparing the original and remastered games, and it looks pretty good but I dunno since I haven't played them yet.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Started Bioshock 2 today. Already tougher than 1. Getting destroyed by Splicers in this one. Hoo boy. Can't wait for more.

Yukari

So the first thing that stuck out to me was this:
    Spoiler:

Um, something's wrong here. Aside from the fact that I'm using a 1366 x 768 monitor, I mean.

Yukari

Not sure about on Xbox 1 or PS4, but the original Bioshock Remastered has a lot of new achievements on Steam, at least.

And by that I mean it actually has achievements period.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Forza Horizon 3 is such a glorious game. So much to do. So much choice. Love being the boss of the festival.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back