• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad graphics? Bad construction? Bad game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayate

Freelance Hero.
    Years
    Release your stolen-mob-thingy from me again me, I still find BR awesome and I'm sure I'm not the only one. If you don't like BR open a topic and go complaining there, dunno if the mods and the BR loving population will accept it. Still, what you say is YOUR opinion, I'm fine with it if you don't like BR but please, don't say such things in a PBR part of the community. I'm gonna buy BR and will say it straight in your face: BATTLE REVOLUTION IS AN AWESOME GAME. Can't deal with my opinion? Then go sit poorly in a corner, forgotton and ask yourself twice if the game REALLY is that bad, I dunno if you've played it yourself first.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    If you don't like BR open a topic and go complaining there
    I did it, you are posting on it!:knockedou
    I'm gonna buy BR
    Me too;)
    Can't deal with my opinion?
    My god!
    I accepted every single opinion here! Including yours!
    Then go sit poorly in a corner, forgotton and ask yourself twice if the game REALLY is that bad, I dunno if you've played it yourself first.
    :tired: The one who isn´t accepting a opinion IS YOU !
    If you think PBR is awesome, open your own topic, INSTEAD OF SPOILING MINE!
    Go see a doctor, my friend, you are sick.

Hayate

Freelance Hero.
    Years
    Geez, you are such a nice person to have a slightly argument with ^^"..I've always learned to stay away from those people acting like crap so I will.

Just to keep on-topic, BR has no bad construction

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    I've always learned to stay away from those people acting like crap
    :laugh:
    So........
    Stay away from yourself!
    (remember you provoked first, but we still can be friends)
    C ya!:)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Me said:
    (I'm getting a wave of deja vu...in a bad way)

I'm certain now......it's much clearer.

acrof said:
    I'm gonna buy BR
    Me too

Okay, your credibility just dropped to zero. If you're going to buy the game, then why did you make this thread? And why do you keep complaining about it??

acrof said:
    So........
    Stay away from yourself!
    (remember you provoked first

...YOU made this thread, and your first post is sheer provoking...your admitting to going to buy the game is the proof.

acrof said:
    I´m sorry guys but I still with the same opinion: PBR is crap.

THEN WHY ARE YOU BUYING IT!!!!!?????????

Years
    I agree with Ichapokemr. Why buy a game that you're completely dissing. You should be ashamed of yourself. If you hate the world because it isn't perfect than you can do either of two things.
    1- Believe that the world is imperfectable
    OR
    2- Go commit suicide or something.

Actually another thing
    3-Make you rown pokemon game for the whole world to see. Send it to Nintendo/Game Freak and see what they think about it.

Pokemon Battle Revvolution is

TTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEE BBBBEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSTTTTTT

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    THEN WHY ARE YOU BUYING IT!!!!!?????????
    Arf........
    FOR THE 50TH TIME: BECAUSE I LIKE POKEMON BATTLES , AND THAT GAME IS BETTER THAN A NET BATTLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GE IT????????????????????????????????????????????
    AND, I´M STILL A FAN OF POKEMON, WHATEVER HAPPENS! EVEN IF "THEIR MOST PERFECT GAME" IS CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Ichapokemr. Why buy a game that you're completely dissing. You should be ashamed of yourself. If you hate the world because it isn't perfect than you can do either of two things.
    1- Believe that the world is imperfectable
    1- I belive, but I can´t belive that the Pokemon Company ( wich is $ rich $ ) made a game
    with Game Cube Graphics, Low creativity , with poor features, etc.............................
    But I´m still going to buy it because it´s POKEMON, and I love it!
    AND I´m completely sure you guys think that way, you know that PBR don´t use the full power of the Wii but you are still going to buy it. Why? Because it´s Pokemon! Don´t you agree with me?
    2- don´t want me to answer this.
    3- SURE! Give me the money!
    Pokemon Battle Revvolution is
    TTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEE BBBBEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSTTTTTT
    OK I agree. Is the best that pokemon get so far, but I just think it should be better for
    this new generation of games.
    Pokemon is losing fans because of the low creativity of their owners. Don´t belive?
    If you look at the selling list of pokemon games you will see something like this:

Pokemon red/blue/yellow: sold about 11.000.000 of copies:shocked:
    Pokemon gold/Silver/Crystal: sold about 7.000.000 of copies:)
    Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald sold about 4.000.000 of copies:\
    Pokemon Diamond/Pearl will sell about (do the math):(

The same happens to stadium to Colosseum, to XD, and probally will happen with PBR
    Let´s wait to see.

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    DP has already sold around 3 million in Japan alone. Therefore your theory fails

As for Gamecube Graphics. I have experienced PBR's graphics and they are better than cube graphics, although really you cannot tell with Youtube videos...thats why a Wii with a Component Cable is required. Plus don't forget the Wii isn't that much more powerful than a Gamecube so the graphics cannot be completely better. You will see however...this game is GORGEOUS.

This game is about battling, it doesn't need an RPG. Stadium didnt have an RPG and its great. This is just a new stadium, and it has some of the most challenging battles you will ever come across so why don't you play it and actually see it for yourself before you continue going on moaning about it.

Don't forget. Youtube Quality = RUBBISH. It's not a valid way of determining things

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    DP has already sold around 3 million in Japan alone. Therefore your theory fails
    He he , I forgot about the wi-fi battles!:embarrass
    They do miracles.:laugh:

Plus don't forget the Wii isn't that much more powerful than a Gamecube
    Yes it is! About 3 times more powerfull!
    so the graphics cannot be completely better.
    Yes they cannot be be completely better, but they can be a little better.;)
    If you really played it, that vanishing pokeball glitch stills there? I´m a bit curious now...

This game is about battling, it doesn't need an RPG
    But pokemon is based on an RPG! Why can´t they make an Story mode, even a Colosseum crap kind?:P

I´m satisfied with D/P, it´s great, and it´s wi-fi battles make it better.
    (waiting it´s english version to battle you guys!:cool: )

But making another Stadium didn´t sound good to me, and for other kind of gamers.:\

OK then. Let´s wait until I play it, then we can just stop with this thread, I´m getting tired of trying to defend my cause.:cross-eye :D

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    If they made a story mode...like a Crap Colosseum Kind as you put it...you'ld be moaning about it and say "Why couldnt they go back to the roots of Stadium" guaranteed

Kiyoshikane

Get with the program mai boy~
    Years
    If they made a story mode...like a Crap Colosseum Kind as you put it...you'ld be moaning about it and say "Why couldnt they go back to the roots of Stadium" guaranteed

Unless they made some overly complicated plot involving you becoming a Poke...

...wait, that's screwed up in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon :(

Still, I didn't mind the stupid plots of Pokemon Colloseum and Pokemon XD, which looks like a laughing turd and a silly man with markers on his face, but the one thing I hope they remove is this : the annoying girl who follows you around and asks stupid questions :(

I haven't played the game yet, so I hope that GameFreak doesn't do anything stupid with Pokemon Battle Revolution (in the English version) and add some kind of "unique" feature that crashes your Wii, your TV, your game, and your life :(

Still, this thread may become prone to flaming wars, so if that ever happens...

Well, we all must respect our opinions, and even if acrof doesn't like it and the rest of us do, we all have to accept that :D

Or die a painful death :( You decide.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Arf........
    FOR THE 50TH TIME: BECAUSE I LIKE POKEMON BATTLES , AND THAT GAME IS BETTER THAN A NET BATTLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GE IT????????????????????????????????????????????

Yeah, you just admitted that the game could be worse.

AND, I´M STILL A FAN OF POKEMON, WHATEVER HAPPENS! EVEN IF "THEIR MOST PERFECT GAME" IS CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1- I belive, but I can´t belive that the Pokemon Company ( wich is $ rich $ ) made a game
    with Game Cube Graphics, Low creativity , with poor features, etc.............................
    But I´m still going to buy it because it´s POKEMON, and I love it!
    AND I´m completely sure you guys think that way, you know that PBR don´t use the full power of the Wii but you are still going to buy it. Why? Because it´s Pokemon! Don´t you agree with me?

...Okay, but just because it's a Pokemon game doesn't mean it's an automatic buy. I didn't even TOUCH Dash or Trozei because they didn't look like good games. So, don't use that as an excuse.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    And use the same models from the previous games is not good thing.
    Imagine they using the same models from Super Mario World (for SNES) on Super Mario Galaxy for Wii ?;)

And they remade some pokemons, Charizard looks like real compared to Stadium version
    But most of the pokemons were just the same (with no round ups) from the previous versions... They use light effects to make them look round, but that´s not the case on Charizard for example.

My friend bought a Wii yesterday, with it, he got a magazine showing next releases for the console, and he said Pokemon Battle Revolution was on that magazine and had the SAME graphics of Pokemon Colosseum, with a very few changes.
    He also said that on a computer screen the game looks amazing, but in a HD print it looks very bad.

U can notice these sharp corners when the game use a zoom on the arena and battlers.
    Look at the pictures I took from the video, when there´s a zoom on the pokeball it looks more like a cube than a ball(picture 1), but when the camera is far from it(picture 2 and 3) the pokeball looks amazing.
    The same happens with the trainers and the pokemons.

OK, If you don't want the game, then why did you post here? And btw, Who gives a frickin crap about 'cubey' Pokeballs
    Also, I liked Colleseum's Storyline:P

homelesscarl

Togepi Shop Owner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2009
    Well, I've seen stuff from this game, and it looks awsome to me. I can't wait for it to get here already!

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    Yeah, you just admitted that the game could be worse.
    ...Okay, but just because it's a Pokemon game doesn't mean it's an automatic buy
    I know, but , why can´t you guys accept a opinion?
    It´s a worth a try because uses the wi-fi connection, and it´s bad because (read the first post)
    I didn't even TOUCH Dash or Trozei because they didn't look like good games. So, don't use that as an excuse.
    Neither do I.
    You are using it as an excuse, not me. I´m going to buy because of the wi-fi battles, and ONLY because of that, I wrote it before I explained why we still buy Pokemon games.

OK, If you don't want the game, then why did you post here?
    For the 51th time: BECAUSE I LIKE POKEMON BATTLES.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    X( ....
    That´s a opinon, a way to see the game.
    I stay with mine.
    You didn't say "I think this is a bad game"
    Only because I didn´t say in these words, that don´t mean it wasn´t a opinion.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Only a fool judges a game by graphics alone.

Don't make these remarks till you play the game.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    I´m not judging this game only because of it´s graphics, but because of a lot of things.
    If I were looking only for graphics, I would sell my GBC, my N64, my SNES, etc.:)
    I still have them, and I like them because of the originality, and in my experience in playing
    and finishing about 20 RPGs in 9 kinds of consoles, I´m saying this game is not that good
    as you may think, it´s simple as that.

Have you ever stopped to understand the story line of ANY pokémon RPG?
    Defeat team generic, beat the E4 and become the champ, WOW!!!!!!!! What a great history!!:D

And now they are trying to make a remodeled Stadium? Again? A 1999´s game with rounded graphics!
    Where´s the story, where are the graphics, WHERE is the originality pokémon had when it´was released in Pokemon green?
    Now we get just "remodeled ideas" from Game Freak.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back