• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad graphics? Bad construction? Bad game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiyoshikane

Get with the program mai boy~
    Years
    If I were looking only for graphics, I would sell my GBC, my N64, my SNES, etc.:)

Hold it! (in the obvious style of Phoenix Wright games, which are surprisingly funny :D) Do you still play those systems? I have a N64 and a SNES, but I don't use them anymore. How can you prove that you still do :D

Wait... loading takes awhile...

Have you ever stopped to understand the story line of ANY pokémon RPG?
    Defeat team generic, beat the E4 and become the champ, WOW!!!!!!!! What a great history!!:D

OH LOL

Pokemon games have some originality to them, as you'll see in the sidequests. Plus, it's fun to whoop the Gym's butts all day long :D

And now they are trying to make a remodeled Stadium? Again? A 1999´s game with rounded graphics!
    Where´s the story, where are the graphics, WHERE is the originality pokémon had when it´was released in Pokemon green?
    Now we get just "remodeled ideas" from Game Freak.

OH NO YOU DIDN'T JUST SAY POKEMON GREEN :(

Still, you're complaining about the graphics, which while you may personally care about, I feel if you're obsessed with the graphics, don't buy the game, or any Pokemon game for that matter, because the graphics suck royally :O

And the story wasn't that bad : it needed more texture, or whatever they put on hot dogs these days. Also, how is it a 1999 game? So what if they remake it again, for people to enjoy? You needed the chance to see Pokemon go 3D; otherwise all those n00bs would be complaining about OMG WHEERE MY 3DD POKAMON and start the infamous hissy fit which can destroy a world within 25 feet of Uranus.

Also, you can't expect Pokemon to last with originality. Look at "InuYasha". It's basically the same plot over, but it can still be mindless fun.

My point meaning: if you truly dislike the game, that's your own opinion. You may or may not have said that. However, some aspects of the game which you personally do not like: people do like, Nintendo has fixed the problem, or it's meant to be there for a reason.

Oh, blah, I'm finished. Let's keep it simple:

If you don't want the extra space, the chance to play a game for what it is, and a Pokemon game, OK. If you're interested in the game, by all means play it.

[/endrant] OH NOES I FEEL A MIGRAINE :(

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Well, I saw a few clips and pictures from a games magazine.

Although it was nice to see the Pokemon pummling each other, I'm sure they could have done a lot better, especially where some of the beam attacks and such are concerned.
    Doesn't mean I won't be getting the game though. I can't wait to have my very own custom Trainer (probably with a better hat).

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    How can you prove that you still do
    Hehe!
    I have them and a lot more!
    Here is a pic of them:

Sorry for the bad quality of the picture, I took it with a web cam.

I also have a white a Sega Saturn, a 3DO, a GBA, a Game Cube, and others that are not in the picture!:knockedou

So when I´m saying I dislike/hate PBR it´s because it lacks in originality, not only for graphics!;)

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2016
    I think so!
    I was watching some battles on youtube, and I noticed something disturbing...

*Although some pokemons looks fine (Charizard, Venusaur), others are COMPLETELY SQUARE !(Ledyan, Arcanine) Exectaly those from Stadium!

*In a battle with a Charizard against a Crobat, if u look to the background, there´s a fountain with a blue pokeball over it. That pokeball is a hexagon!
    In other battles u can notice the same bad construction...

*They use the voices from GameBoy, not like in Stadium 2, where they use remakes.

*The pokeball disapears in the trainer´s hand when the Pokemon is defeated.

*There´s no storage system

*There´s no story mode (although XD and colosseum´s story line is crap)

*Although u can dress up your trainer, you can´t change the face or the hair cut or color of your trainer. And games like the first "The Sims" can do it very well...

I hope the next Pokemon release they change these details...
    It´s not as good as I spected...
    What do you think?

You know the Game is still in development, not all the models are finnished so they will use the models from Pokemon Stadium 2 untill they are finnished.
    Its as simple as that, they need to use the models so the game doesn't crash or look like a pokemon is fighting air.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I´m not judging this game only because of it´s graphics, but because of a lot of things.
    If I were looking only for graphics, I would sell my GBC, my N64, my SNES, etc.:)
    I still have them, and I like them because of the originality, and in my experience in playing
    and finishing about 20 RPGs in 9 kinds of consoles, I´m saying this game is not that good
    as you may think, it´s simple as that.

Have you ever stopped to understand the story line of ANY pokémon RPG?
    Defeat team generic, beat the E4 and become the champ, WOW!!!!!!!! What a great history!!:D

And now they are trying to make a remodeled Stadium? Again? A 1999´s game with rounded graphics!
    Where´s the story, where are the graphics, WHERE is the originality pokémon had when it´was released in Pokemon green?
    Now we get just "remodeled ideas" from Game Freak.

Pokemon hasn't being original since G/S, so why you're kicking up a fuss now is ludicrous, I saw a video of it today in a store, and it's looking immense, why change the winning formula of stadium? When they tried to do that they made two of the worst gamecube games I've ever played.

Years
    Pokemon hasn't being original since G/S, so why you're kicking up a fuss now is ludicrous, I saw a video of it today in a store, and it's looking immense, why change the winning formula of stadium? When they tried to do that they made two of the worst gamecube games I've ever played.

You've never played Aquaman then.

Never a judge a game by Youtube videos, also Kaku is right that pokemon hasn't been original since G/S so you can't really call this game un-original like its the first pokemon game to be un-original.

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
    Years
    Spoiler:

I see what the problem is now. You're neither an elitist or a pessimist. You are simply too picky, just like the vast number of people I know on some distant forums...

PBR is such an excellent game in almost every category; to see someone bash it for the tiniest thing is just... weird IMO.

Kiyoshikane

Years
    Hehe!
    I have them and a lot more!
    Here is a pic of them:

Sorry for the bad quality of the picture, I took it with a web cam.

I also have a white a Sega Saturn, a 3DO, a GBA, a Game Cube, and others that are not in the picture!:knockedou

So when I´m saying I dislike/hate PBR it´s because it lacks in originality, not only for graphics!;)
    WRONG ANSWER :D

I meant how do we know you still play them, not how do we know you have them :(

... And no one cares that you have a Sega Saturn. SRSLY. NOW GIVE ME IT :D

And besides, all Pokemon games have lack of originality, but PBN has customizable trainers :D Doesn't that amount to something :D

OK, enough smilies. WHAT I DO WANT TO KNOW, is, do you have a Wii? If not, this whole topic is merely spectaculation, a grave error, and you will have no idea on how awesome the controls can be when used right.

Anyways, see ya next time :D

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    I see what the problem is now. You're neither an elitist or a pessimist. You are simply too picky, just like the vast number of people I know on some distant forums...
    What´s your problem?
    I´m judging the game NOT YOU.
    SO DON´T JUDGE ME.
    So if you say I´m picky, what about if I said that your are stupid, or looks like ****.
    Would you like that?
    And also you said that´s the problem?
    Argh!:cross-eye
    I meant how do we know you still play them, not how do we know you have them
    That´s impossible! ^^
    How can I prove that? XD
    do you have a Wii? If not, this whole topic is merely spectaculation, a grave error, and you will have no idea on how awesome the controls can be when used right.
    I know what a Wii is capable of. But in my opinion this game (Pokemon Battle Revolution) don´t use all a Wii can offer, simple as that! ^^

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    So if you say I´m picky, what about if I said that your are stupid, or looks like ****.
    Would you like that?
    And also you said that´s the problem?

If you said that you'd be outright flaming him and breaking the rules, which would be a rather silly idea if you want your opinion taken seriously.

pikachulover306

*~~Pika Power~~*
    Years
    If you think about it the graphics are ok but I mean it's on the Wii not a PS3 or Xbox360. Maybe if you had a HDTV it might show up better but thats my opinion. I personaly want to get battle revolution so I can destroy people on the internet with my precious pikachu :)

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    If you said that you'd be outright flaming him and breaking the rules
    I respect opinions , i respect when people dislikes my ideas, but never, NEVER I would let someone judge my personality. Especially when the person don´t know me correctly.

I try to be as polite as possible, but these things make me furious.
    Try to understand, that I don´t like to start any discussion.
    And I apologize , RaikouSpecialLover, if I disrespected you with my post.
    which would be a rather silly idea if you want your opinion taken seriously
    And who here took my opinion seriously? 2 or 3 members only.
    A opinon , no matter whose, should be taken seriously, don´t you think?

Also instead of exploring the real objetive of this topic (what do you think of PBR), many just ignore that and start to say that I´m insane,
    say that my ideas about this games are crazy, etc..................
    And in the end say the game is amazing, cool,etc.....

And I have to answer, because I´m the one who started this, and because of that people misunderstand me.

Last edited:

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
    Years
    Apology accepted. OK, so I accidently judged you and not your opinion this time; I had a really bad day at school when I posted that, OK?

Anyway, never judge YouTube. Want to know what you SHOULD judge?
    https://stage6.divx.com/?cid=divxtopnav
    Can't say the graphics look bad now.

(And ever since Colosseum, the old Pogeys NEVER were used fresh from the N64. Look VERY HARD.)

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    I had a really bad day at school when I posted that, OK?
    I make mine your words...:laugh:
    I also had a hard day at school when I posted that too.:knockedou

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    I understand.

You want a new stadium game, because this just seems to be a repeat. Let me explain something to you.

Pokemon is basically made of three branches. The real games (R/B/Y/G/S/C/R/S, and the list goes on), the stadium games (Stadium, Stadium 2, I'm afrain to put these in, but Colloseum and XD), and those stupid spinoff games (Snap, Trozei, Puzzle League, to many to count =P). The first two branches will remain the exact same, or close to that for as long as Pokemon will be running. Thus, PBR will be close to the exact game as Stadium, just as Pokemon D/P will be very similar to R/G.

Also, many of you are complaining because Pokemon is kiddy, easy, and appeals to the young. The sad truth is, that's all Pokemon was meant to be, and all Pokemon will be. Easy, easy, easy. If you dislike it, find a Pokemon hack that is challenging, or, make a Pokemon hack that is challenging, OR play online. Online battling is as challenging as Nintendo is going to make it, which is actually VERY challenging.

Thank you for your time.

Kiyoshikane

Years
    You know what? This topic will be a guaranteed flaming war, if this keeps up. :(

Anyways, in regards to how to prove it, just film it or something. I think some webcam's have video function, or you can get one of those (stupid) video cameras. :P

I get bad days at school. We get whipped, and occasionally, we get expelled because we spelt a word wrong. I hate school. I'm emo * CUT CUT *

Anyways, any further comments on if you have a Wii? :P I'm a pessimist, so I want to know what you think of the controls, if you have ever played a Wii (not trying to insult you; many people have never played a Wii before :O) before. It shall be phun :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    WHAT I DO WANT TO KNOW, is, do you have a Wii? If not, this whole topic is merely spectaculation, a grave error, and you will have no idea on how awesome the controls can be when used right.

*slaps self*

I can't believe I didn't think to bring that up...

acrof said:
    I know what a Wii is capable of. But in my opinion this game (Pokemon Battle Revolution) don´t use all a Wii can offer, simple as that! ^^

But HAVE YOU USED ONE BEFORE?? You can't truly understand what a game system can do until you use it for yourself. The system specs aren't even a true gauge, believe it or not, as there's a certain.............."spark" about playing it that you don't get by looking at specs.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Seriously though, Pokémon Battle Revolution is about the battles, if you want the RPG experience, thats what Diamond and Pearl are for

The graphics are how theyre meant to be, and if you cant live with it, well ... weve already asked why youre buying it already... Graphics arent everything. I mean, look at Pong! It was the great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather of videogames and you know what, it still reigns king.^_^

Oh, and Ultima, the game is finished. Since its completely released in Japan. Now theyre just translating it.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    But HAVE YOU USED ONE BEFORE??
    Of course!
    In this same topic (i think is in the first page) I talked about a friend who got a Wii, right?
    Well this same friend asked me to teach him how to use it (1- I live in Brazil so we don´t speak english/ 2-my friend is also brazilian, and needed a translator to understand the manual);) To thank me he let me play how many times I wanted!:cool:
    I played about 16 times, and my arm is still aching :P
    We played Zelda, Wii Sports, and Pokemon Colosseum to test the GameCube compatibility.
    so I want to know what you think of the controls
    They are light, very easy to use. But I don´t liked the fact they use two AA batteries, instead of being rechargeable...
    The Wii itself is a little heavier than it looks in pictures, but it´really beautifull.^^
    Also I liked to watch movies using my aunt´s camera SD card, in the Wii.

You see the console is amazing, and ít don´t need to be a PS3 to have good graphics, if you compare the specs of a Wii and a GameCube, a Wii is almost 3 times more powerfull, and GameCube´s graphics were very good to me! (except for Colosseum and XD, of course!)

Pokemon is basically made of three branches. The real games (R/B/Y/G/S/C/R/S, and the list goes on), the stadium games (Stadium, Stadium 2, I'm afrain to put these in, but Colloseum and XD), and those stupid spinoff games (Snap, Trozei, Puzzle League, to many to count =P).
    No,no
    XD and Colosseum are RPGs (WHAT I´M SAYING????????) just like (?????) R/B/Y/G/S/R/S/E/ETC. ^^

Last edited:

Bombsey

La-li-lu-le-lo!!
    Years
    Nintendo likes money.

Therefore, making a game which will no doubtly sell millions, no matter how awful it is [*coughthatBattleRevolutionhappenstobecough*], is good in Nintendo's mind.

...OMGZ CARACTUR CUSTEEMIZASHUN HOW ORIGEENAL!!!11111

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back