• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad graphics? Bad construction? Bad game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikachulover306

*~~Pika Power~~*
    Years
    Back on topic the graphics for actual gameplay are good, not looking in the background at a hexagon pokeball that was probaly put in there by the designers on purpose. I mean the arena's are beautiful they make me cry:'( . the trainers don't look too bad either, plus I don't look at the background when I'm having a wi-fi battle I'm focusing on my pokemon ( GO PIKACHU!!) and just enjoy the game, it's not like the pokemon start disapearing or messing up while your playing. you can't really say the graphics are bad unless you have your own copy of the game or have played the it and you see problems during gameplay. You can't just say the graphics are bad off of a video you seen on youtube or where ever. I made my judgement off of some nice clear videos I've seen. Until it comes out in the US and UK and you play it for yourself then you can get a good idea of what it looks like on your tv and can judge all you want.

Bombsey

La-li-lu-le-lo!!
    Years
    Exactaly!
    And they know we don´t want to wait ,and release games fast, and with that they can´t
    do what´s really necessary.

Those are the impatient ones >> If a game is delayed with a good reason, so be it. The company may have overestimated itself, or run into problems >>

Battle Revolution seems to have been rushed to release. I mean, the Wii's only just been released, and there's a Polkamon game on it already? We haven't even got a Mario game or a Zelda game that was actually supposed to be on the system...

...I mean, if those games can take so long to produce, why not Polkamon? Is it because they believe everyone who plays it has the mind of a child, that they are easily impressed? Yes, I know the complexity of the battle system, but why not expand that? How about into the actual storyline? Something to break this idea that Polkamon is only for children? Something like the storyline for Polkamon Special? Heck, the creator of Polkamon [whose name escapes me at this moment] said that Polkamon Special was closer to his vision of what Polkamon should be. And that was made by a different company! So if they can do it, why can't GameFreak?

I suspect it has something to do with sales. If the games are selling so well, why change them? I suppose you could say that the gamers may lose interest, but I doubt that. So GameFreak will continue to churn out by-the-numbers Polkamon games, and the fans will lap them up.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009

Those are the impatient ones >> If a game is delayed with a good reason, so be it. The company may have overestimated itself, or run into problems >>

Battle Revolution seems to have been rushed to release. I mean, the Wii's only just been released, and there's a Polkamon game on it already? We haven't even got a Mario game or a Zelda game that was actually supposed to be on the system...

...I mean, if those games can take so long to produce, why not Polkamon? Is it because they believe everyone who plays it has the mind of a child, that they are easily impressed? Yes, I know the complexity of the battle system, but why not expand that? How about into the actual storyline? Something to break this idea that Polkamon is only for children? Something like the storyline for Polkamon Special? Heck, the creator of Polkamon [whose name escapes me at this moment] said that Polkamon Special was closer to his vision of what Polkamon should be. And that was made by a different company! So if they can do it, why can't GameFreak?

I suspect it has something to do with sales. If the games are selling so well, why change them? I suppose you could say that the gamers may lose interest, but I doubt that. So GameFreak will continue to churn out by-the-numbers Polkamon games, and the fans will lap them up.

...I'm afraid that I'm not familiar with this "Polkamon" that you speak of.

Aside from that, this is going WAY off the original topic, so I'm getting out of the discussion.

pikachulover306

*~~Pika Power~~*
    Years

Going a little off topic but they do have a Zelda game on the Wii it was one of the first games they start selling after the Wii came out. But yea it was rushed some but I guess they wanted it to come out when Diamond and Pearl are released so they can make a good profit. I think almost all the people who are buying Diamond and pearl are going to get Pokemon Battle Revolution. This is just me but I'm getting it beacuse I'm getting Pearl and beacause I was planning on geting it anyway but there both coming out close to each other so the majority of people will buy them together, not saying all just the people who can spend about $80 for both( which ever game they are getting if all three games then it's about $110). Even so the graphics really are good for a game being rushed. Do we even know when they started making this game? It could have been started in January 06, and some games have there little flaws but I'm sure they will get it fixed before it is released.

Last edited:

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    Then again all the Pokemon games were on the GBA/GBC which cannot put out grophics like the digimon games.
    Well, in this case i was talking about 3D evolutions in the anime, but in the game that would be great too!

Think about it: Ash with guns? NO.
    Not guns or violence. But Ash is soooooo childsh sometimes that make vomit. (Oh no pikachu!/ I love you/ please don´t loose, my dear friend!)
    ARGH!!! Sometimes a 3 years old boy is more mature than he.

Ash to me is so patetic, he is in his journey since he was a real kid, but instead of growing up a little, he´s more childsh now than when we were at the Kanto league on TV.

At least they should make two versions of it, one more mature, and other for kids!:\

Also it don´t need to be a gun, it could be a fist, why not?
    In Digimon, they do this, in Dragoon Ball they do this and in a hell of cartoons they do it,
    EVEN ASH TRIED TO PUNCH MEWTWO IN THE FIRST MOVIE!:shocked: :laugh:

They sure won´t loose interest, if they loosed interest in bad/different games they would hate XD, Colosseum, PBR, Stadium, etc, just because it´s another kind of game.

Anyways, taking out the child part in Pokemon would result in massive failure.
    Not even a little.

Also what´s the problem introducing some violence into the anime, or the game?
    Many 6 yo boys play Resident evil, Black, Mortal Kombat and others much more violents than pokemon will ever be. And you see, they enjoy it very much!

Actually I think they should start all over in each journey they did (Kanto, Jotho, etc).
    Because when a possible new fan watch the anime it would in the same time turn off the TV
    WHY?
    Because they don´t know HOW it starded, how it works, what´s a gym, what´s a trainer, etc. And for not understading they will not like the concept of Pokémon NEVER.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Ash has got more childish by each series up to yet. Even more so with the Current Voiche Actor, Even more high pitched than the Kanto Years.
    Going a little off topic but they do have a Zelda game on the Wii it was one of the first games they start selling after the Wii came out.

He meant that the Zelda Game wasn't planned to be released on the Wii

Anywho back on topic, I think it'll be reverting back to the Stadium 1/2 Days so it won't be worth £40-$80 (Not sure on Americas current currency). But yeah, not looking too promising is it?

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    On a complete random and separate opinion, here comes waka's rant XD:

OK, so, graphics? I mean, come on, it's a Pokémon game. You don't expect it to be fully realistic, plus, like someone's mentioned a long time ago, the YouTube videos' quality is quite the one comparable to crap itself, so it's really hard to see. What about that hexagon ball? Maybe it was created on purpose? You've seriously got to admit that some of the stages, despite being short were beautifully well done, and it seriously is considered top-notch for a console like Wii.

And about the gameplay, I really think this is an expansion for D/P. There really isn't a storyline, and I think this is really supposed to be another way to battle with your D/P Pokémon online in 3D. The real plus of this game is the online and the DS connectivity, period.

Last edited:

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    I think the graphics are great, but as ive said all along graphics dont make a game, its gameplay that does it, thats nintendos aim...

Totally agree...Graphics don't mean anything. And they're not terrible, they're okay. You just can't make Pokémon look real. Pokémon games are always the same (or similar).

I still like R/B/Y. Even if their graphics suck, they're still fun games. I don't like FR/LG more because they're from GBA, it's because the did a remake, rather than including new things like berries and contests (not that I dislike them, I just think they don't suit well with old games)

Bombsey

La-li-lu-le-lo!!
    Years
    Going a little off topic but they do have a Zelda game on the Wii it was one of the first games they start selling after the Wii came out.

Twilight Princess was originally meant to be on the GameCube, but Nintendo took a while to make it...and it is said to be one of the best in the series...thus proving some kind of point...

...but using that theory, Duke Nukem Forever would be the best game ever... so it depends, really... I mean, Duke Nukem Forever has been started again about 5 times in the past 7 years >>

...I'm afraid that I'm not familiar with this "Polkamon" that you speak of.

I can't be bothered to write out Pokémon every time...

...it doesn't deserve the time >>

Years
    Threads like these = lol.

Yes, I admit, I would have wanted them to redo all the Pokemon, but that really isn't an option. The new ones look fecking awesome, a lot of old ones were redone, and the others were soothed over a bit. My biggest complaint is Suicune's tails, but I can live with it. I also dislike some of the slow attack animations, but in the first contact Pokemon game

And what is up with the random Ash discussion. Do any of you even still watch the anime? Voices are irrelevant, Ash has definately grown throughout the series. And I haven't seen any endless friendship blather in a long time. It's lots more subtle and believable as of recent. While we all know the anime is rather repetitive, that's never gonna change.

Collosseum's plotline was innovative, a little forced, too short, but still good. XD improved it in every way imaginable--excellent, imo. Stop complaining, people. One plot subject repeat is better than the same stadanrd "version" game rpg we've seen over and over" (I'm not dissing the version games, btw.) A battling game is welcome, but now. Jamming a plotline into PBR would have ruinined it.

It's thread like this, honestly... *shakes head.*

~Chibi~

And wtf is up with all the crap over the haxagon Poke ball? It was obviously intentional, game over. *kills all discussion of it with a spoon.*

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    I made this topic because I´m probably the first here to get SICK AND TIRED of a Pokémon game being made in a hurry TO SELL!
    This repetitive scene should finish, for the integrity of Pokémon, because one day this will be SO repetitive that most of the ones playing it will get sick and tired of the prehistoric pokémon gameboy style.
    The most wonderfull games in history took YEARS to be done.
    And PBR was made in about 6 months!

Even the Wii don´t completed 6 months yet!

What would happen to a pokemon game if they make it slowly but completely well done?

Years
    I realize that. Heck, Red and Blue took ages to to complete, if I remember completely. But did it ever occur to you that they probably started making PBR before the Wii came out? There is no way in hell that they made it in 6 months. And even if they did, what else could they have done (besides revamping all the Pokemon)?

And by repetitive do you mean gameplay? It's a battling game. Nothing more, nothing less. And the point still is that Pokemon, now and forever, is a handheld series. You want gripping plotline that'll take you hundreds of hours to finish? Go play Mystery Dungeon. Go nostalgia and play Crystal. PBR is for battlers.

And to be honest...they could make the best Pokemon game on earth and people would still complain about it

Y'know, anyone who can't figure out the central theme of this post gets a whack.

Among other things:

Why do you want a storage ststem? That's pretty minor, and I wouldn't even call it desirable. Like I want my Pokemon stuck on a consode to play with them.

The remixed voices in Stadium 2 were annoying. Zapdos and Mewtwo in particular.

Considering that characters are not the main focus of Pokemon games, the trainer customization is good enough.

And what difference would it make if the trainer put the Poke ball into their pocket? Totally irrelevant

~Chibi~

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    Why do you want a storage ststem? That's pretty minor, and I wouldn't even call it desirable. Like I want my Pokemon stuck on a consode to play with them.

The remixed voices in Stadium 2 were annoying. Zapdos and Mewtwo in particular.

Considering that characters are not the main focus of Pokemon games, the trainer customization is good enough.

And what difference would it make if the trainer put the Poke ball into their pocket? Totally irrelevant

~Chibi~

Good points. Still, trainer customization could have been a bit better.

Bombsey

La-li-lu-le-lo!!
    Years
    It's still rushed compared to how long Super Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess have been in or were in production, compared to Battle Revolution.

Chibi Pika said:
    Collosseum's plotline was innovative, a little forced, too short, but still good. XD improved it in every way imaginable--excellent, imo

...Heh. Play a good RPG. Heck, a lot of good games, and then you will see a good plot. Trust me. Even the clichéd ones are better than XD and Colloseum's plots.

Chibi Pika said:
    You want gripping plotline that'll take you hundreds of hours to finish? Go play Mystery Dungeon.

Heh.

Chibi Pika said:
    And to be honest...they could make the best Pokemon game on earth and people would still complain about it
    The best Polkamon game would be perfect...and thus be lacking glitches. So glitch-fans would complain. But if they had a good storyline, good new Polkamon, and good length and some glitches [hey, they're fun when they want to be!], then I doubt the number of complainers would be larger. Hell, I wouldn't complain.

Chibi Pika said:
    Go nostalgia and play Crystal
    I strongly agree with you there =P

Chibi Pika said:
    Things like that would have made the game feel more finished, and less like a cash-in.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Icha, Kaku and Waka win this thread. Bombsey would too, for having his own, different, but not biased opinion about PBR, but I'm afraid that talk about 'Polkamon' puts him just below the you-win-this-thread-mark. n_n And because I feel like it, here comes my rant:

Ho-hum, where to start... oh yeah, the graphics! Why are you complaining about the re-using of old models? Most of them look fine (though I still wish Aerodactyl's graphics would be changed. <.<) and remodeling all old Pokémon would take a ridiculously long time, especially considering they have all the old ones to remodel too. =| You're also forgetting the real eye candy in this game: the stadiums, and even more, the attack effects. (Hail, Ice Beam and Rain Dance, anyone?) So what if they used a hexagon for the Pokéball graphics for one of the arenas? That might very well be intentional. It wouldn't even take them a minute longer to make it ball-shaped.

As for the complaint on the systems: the trainer customization and Pokémon actually making physical contact (even though the Pokémon still don't really bite eachother with Bite, Crunch, Ice Fang etc.) are very nice features along with your D/P Pokémon gaining experience. And need I say a Pokémon MMORPG would have the word failure printed all over on it with capital letters? How would the battles work? Would battles take place wherever you are at the moment you encounter the Pokémon or would the trainer be transported to a battle arena that matches the environment, and if so, would the trainer be visible for others or would it just dissappear when the battle starts and reappear when the battle ends? None of these options sound very good to me. ._. All areas would also have to be huge and that is totalky not Pokémon. In Pokémon games you're meant to walk to the otherside of the world in a couple of minutes. And on top of that, MMORPGs are always full of clueless n00bs who just go around saying ''Lol give me gold plz. >:'', ''i dunno how 2 poste. teach me plz'', ''I n00b give me stuff' and ''[CENSORED] you for not giving me stuff!'' That would be a nightmare. ._.

And seriously, do you really expect the games to become anymore else than what they are now? They're either completely battle-based or have a beat the evil team, defeat the gymleaders, become a champion-plot and that'll never change. And please stop whining about how the Pokémon franchise is childish. The anime and games are meant for kids. If you want more mature Pokémon stuff, might I suggest you go and read the Pokémon Adventures manga? Scans for the first 8 volumes (soon to be 9, I think) have been posted on PC and are free for anyone to view.

Anyway, back on topic.
    acrof said:
    Ichapokemr said:
    I didn't even TOUCH Dash or Trozei because they didn't look like good games. So, don't use that as an excuse.
    Neither do I.
    You are using it as an excuse, not me. I´m going to buy because of the wi-fi battles, and ONLY because of that, I wrote it before I explained why we still buy Pokemon games.
    You're contradicting yourself here. First you said you're buying Pokémon Battle Revolution just because you like Pokémon and now you're saying it's because you like Pokémon battles. If Wi-fi is the only reason your buying the game, why not just play Pokémon Diamond or Pearl instead? You can have Wi-fi battles on those too.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    First you said you're buying Pokémon Battle Revolution just because you like Pokémon and now you're saying it's because you like Pokémon battles. If Wi-fi is the only reason your buying the game, why not just play Pokémon Diamond or Pearl instead? You can have Wi-fi battles on those too.
    Why?
    -Larger screen
    -Sony Stereo
    -and 3D (bad but it´s 3D:P ) graphics.
    --etc
    Also I like pokemon and pokemon battles, it´s kinda similar.

The anime and games are meant for kids.
    But WHAT WILL HAPPEN when these kids get a little older? THEY WILL COMPLETELY FORGOT about pokémon! And why? Because it´s too childsh to them.

If you want more mature Pokémon stuff, might I suggest you go and read the Pokémon Adventures manga?
    I wouldn´t care if I could battle wi-fi with others around the world using my manga...

But did it ever occur to you that they probably started making PBR before the Wii came out? There is no way in hell that they made it in 6 months
    How can someone develope a game to a system that didn´t exist, at that time?

And by repetitive do you mean gameplay? It's a battling game. Nothing more, nothing less. And the point still is that Pokemon, now and forever, is a handheld series.
    Sometime ago I would accept that, but that´s for me an EXCUSE.
    Let me explain:
    When you say it´s a battling game you mean that it don´t need a RPG feature to be good,
    right?
    So PBR is like a Stadium. And when Stadium was created there were no space in the prehistoric 64´s cartidge, so a RPG would never fit in it.
    Things changed when the GameCube came out. Now it was a Mini DVD with about 30 times more space than a 64´s cartridge, and thus came Colosseum and XD, WITH RPG IN IT.
    And now with a normal sized DVD it can store 3 times more data than a GameCube´s disc,
    and a 3 times more stronger processor, the Nintendo Wii could EASILY run 3 PBRs at the same time, so why not to put an RPG mode, and other cooler features in it?
    Why rush to release such a game?

...Heh. Play a good RPG. Heck, a lot of good games, and then you will see a good plot. Trust me. Even the clichéd ones are better than XD and Colloseum's plots.
    I completely agree!:D

The best Polkamon game would be perfect...and thus be lacking glitches. So glitch-fans would complain. But if they had a good storyline, good new Polkamon, and good length and some glitches [hey, they're fun when they want to be!], then I doubt the number of complainers would be larger. Hell, I wouldn't complain.
    My god you stole these words from my mind!:P

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    Oh, come on, people always complain about everything, no matter how good or bad it is.

Just relax and judge the game by how much you can enjoy it. Yeah, of course it's annoying that they didn't remodel all the Pokémon, but honestly, I don't get why people must be so awfully negative about every damn thing that they wanted and happens not to be there. There will never be a video game that is absolutely everything you wished for, period. Just accept it; think, "Ah, well, it didn't have this, but it did have this and that," and then either get the game or don't get it depending on whether you think you can still enjoy it. What's the big deal about whining and calling it crap all over?

I don't like the Stadium model of Arcanine either, but that doesn't suddenly make me go on a hissy fit about how crappy the game is and the world is ending. :/ It's still fun.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Nyu, agreeing with Dragonfree here. Seriously, this whole thread seems like one big flame bait and a lot of folks seem to be taking it. -.-

If you don't like BR then don't play it. If you're going to play it anyway, then what's the point of all this whining? Whining like a hurt little animal about how awful the game is while at the same time saying that you're going to play it anyway is just plain silly. I mean, if you're going to play it flaws or no then what's the point of complaining? Just keep it to yourself, no need to went your personal gripes on PC. xP

Last edited:

Bombsey

La-li-lu-le-lo!!
    Years
    Any kind of plot would be better than the plotless games we have been given. It doesn't have to be dark.

I realise Polkamon is aimed at children, but that doesn't mean it has to have no plot.

pikachulover306

*~~Pika Power~~*
    Years
    Any kind of plot would be better than the plotless games we have been given. It doesn't have to be dark.

I realise Polkamon is aimed at children, but that doesn't mean it has to have no plot.

Plot has nothing to do with why the graphics are bad they are not though

I still do not know what Polkamon is please spell it right. I'm not being rude but other people will talk bad about your spelling and be much more rude than I was

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back