• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad Pokemon Evolutions

Vaporeon91

Elite Trainer
Years
  • :t134: Dont you notice bad Poke Evolutions, such as idk Dragonite aint such a bad pokemon but I prefer having a Dragonair in my party than a Dragonite the evlolution is crappy, same goes for the evolution after Togetic, idk if u agree wiht these but dont u agree on other evolutions that are messed up? feel free to post ^_^

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Probopass. enough said. seriously, go away, nothing to see here.

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2013
    Rhyperior and Magmortar . . . blecch. They ruined two of the coolest pokemon, also I used to not like Electrive but it has grown on me.

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    Boy, I hope they don't make evolutions for Girafarig. They are bound to screw that up.

Dragonite is nice and strong, but it does not look a THING like it's pre-evolutions.
    I don't really like Scizor that much. Green to red?

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
  • While the colors changed, it was a pretty awesome Pokemon regardless.
    Basically ANY new evolution from older Pokemon in en IV could make this list... Tangrowth, Magmortar, Mamoswine, Togekiss, and DEFINITELY Probopass. Electivire, Magnezone, and Yanmega were OK.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • pretty much every new evolution introduced in GenIV with the exception of Gliscor, Weavile, and Roserade is made of massive amounts of fail. >_>

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • Agreed with timbjer, there was some pretty crappy ideas for that. I also think that most Gen III starters and 2 evolution looked alot better than its final evolution, but that is just me opinion.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • While I don't have anything against Yanmega, and think it is a pretty cool Pokemon, while Yanama was quite cute, Yanmega is...yeah... not so cute. xD Probopass is a bad evolution, though at least it looks somewhat like Nosepass. :\ And just to be a bit nicer to Generation IV Pokemon, Octillery looks nothing like Remoraid. :\ And I'm confused as to how Clamperl evolves into either Huntail or Gorebyss (sp?). :P

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just about the entire 4th gen evolutions of pre-exsisiting pokemon.
    Tangrowth
    Likickity
    Probopass
    Mamowine

heLLkitsune

There's nothing for me here...
    Years
  • i dont like the new evolutions.. they are just.. ugh, gliscor, roserade and yanmega are ok. i quote somebody: the new gen pokemon legendaries look like transofrmers - true.. :D. the point of this post is: the 4th gen sucks (just my opinion) the only thing better in the 4th gen are the attacks

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    Remoraid to Octillery is so awesome and weird that it deserves to be an oddball evolution.

No other pokemon do, however. I seriously don't get Rhyperior at all. I think it looks nothing like Rhydon.

I never really had a problem with Scyther to Scizor, though. I mean, their body structures are still basically the same, and it's just turned green to red armor.

Lickylicky is just horrible. It looks like a fat baby with a huge tongue. Lickitung is waaay better.

I also think Glalie looks nothing like Snorunt. Seriously.

Shroomish isn't too similar to Breloom, either. :(

Oh, and Chingling fails as a pre-evo. Chimecho forever!!!

heLLkitsune

There's nothing for me here...
    Years
  • "No other pokemon do, however. I seriously don't get Rhyperior at all. I think it looks nothing like Rhydon.
    Lickylicky is just horrible. It looks like a fat baby with a huge tongue. Lickitung is waaay better."

rhydon is 10 times cooler tha rhyperior.. no 100, times cooler. the licklick is just.. no comment.

Years
  • Rhyperior and Magmortar . . . blecch. They ruined two of the coolest pokemon, also I used to not like Electrive but it has grown on me.

Your crazy, Rhyperior and Magmortar own. Togekiss rules!
    I hate Probopass, Lickilicky and Magnezone though so much.

I am so sick of people putting so much hate on 4th Gen evo's, Sinnoh is my second favourite region. Yes some may suck but alot of them are epic.

Years
  • I hate Probopass... I mean really, what were they thinking?

And also not fond of Togekiss... should have just left Togepi and Togetic.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    New evolutions - The Good:

- Crobat
    - Scizor
    - Slowking
    - Steelix
    - Kingdra
    - Electrivire
    - All the eeveelutions except Leafeon
    - Yanmega
    - Mismagius
    - Gliscor
    - Weavile
    - Mamoswine
    - Roserade

The Bad:

- Politoed
    - Hitmontop
    - Lickilicky
    - Rhyperior
    - Tangrowth
    - Leafeon
    - Magmortar
    - Honchkrow
    - Probopass

The Meh:

- Magnezone
    - Bellossom
    - Blissey
    - Porygon 2 + Z
    - Togekiss
    - Ambipom
    - Gallade
    - Dusknoir
    - Froslass

Jeez, there have been a lot of them, haven't there! I haven't even touched on prevolutions.

Years
  • Mega Quote time. These mostly just argue that Rhyperior is awesome.

Rhyperior and Magmortar . . . blecch. They ruined two of the coolest pokemon, also I used to not like Electrive but it has grown on me.

Rhyperior is not a ruin. I think its pretty good. Magmortar was bad at first (Belly = wth?) but it gre slightly on me over platinum.

Boy, I hope they don't make evolutions for Girafarig. They are bound to screw that up.

Dragonite is nice and strong, but it does not look a THING like it's pre-evolutions.
    I don't really like Scizor that much. Green to red?

Alot of pokemon evolve with different colour. It might make little sense but I dont mind it. Besides Scizor is pretty awesome.

While the colors changed, it was a pretty awesome Pokemon regardless.
    Basically ANY new evolution from older Pokemon in en IV could make this list... Tangrowth, Magmortar, Mamoswine, Togekiss, and DEFINITELY Probopass. Electivire, Magnezone, and Yanmega were OK.

I agree with most of these. Magnezone though O_O.

Remoraid to Octillery is so awesome and weird that it deserves to be an oddball evolution.

No other pokemon do, however. I seriously don't get Rhyperior at all. I think it looks nothing like Rhydon.

I never really had a problem with Scyther to Scizor, though. I mean, their body structures are still basically the same, and it's just turned green to red armor.

Lickylicky is just horrible. It looks like a fat baby with a huge tongue. Lickitung is waaay better.

I also think Glalie looks nothing like Snorunt. Seriously.

Shroomish isn't too similar to Breloom, either. :(

Oh, and Chingling fails as a pre-evo. Chimecho forever!!!

Rhyperior is Rhydon with a dark colour, some orange bands around it and different hand things. There are evolutions that look much less related than that.

Glalie looks nothing like Snorunt but Snorunt is the uncool one and Glalie doesnt need something to evolve into it so I dont see the point in Snorunt.

Summary
    Just to set tis apart from the quotes. D:

- Rhyperior isnt bad and I agree Rhydon didn't need an evolution beforehand but they did a good job so whatever.

- Evolution is an odd thing in pokemon.

- Most of the 4th gen evos fail but some are good additions and the other new pokemon that arent related to previous pokemon are on the whole still good so it can be forgiven.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • I didn't like any of the Gen IV Evolutions other than:

- Roserade
    - Electivire
    - Gallade
    - Weavile
    - Leafeon
    - Glaceon

And I'm alright with the Pre-evolutions in Gen IV.

Other than the Gen IV evolutions not listed above, I like all the other Pokemon, including all generations.

Back