• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad Pokemon Evolutions

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    why do we need another Porygon for eh.... and I also think Ampibom is horrible as well

:t354:TG

*Niprop descends from the sky, which changes into a lightning storm*

>:0

*Raises hammer of judgment at TG*

PORYGON-Z WAS A WELL DESERVED ALTERNATIVE FOR PORYGON2, THOUGH IT WOULD HAVE SERVED BETTER AS AN ALTERNATE EVOLUTION TO PORYGON! GHOSTS ARE ALSO SORT OF...

*calms down*

Okay, first we've got the obvious:

Magmortar:

Sure, Magmar was never a pretty poke to begin with, but Magmortar takes ugly to a new level. They should borrow Snubbull's entry and give it Intimidate, since I know that I would be fleeing from it in terror if I were a small Pokémon and saw it.

Probopass:

It's, bulging, cute litte eyes almost make me feel sorry for it, like it knows that everyone hates it, and that it is the most unloved thing since homework. Probopass once tried to enter a beuty contest, needless to say, it didn't earn first place. Earthquake also makes a trash can out of it.

Tangrowth:

Tangela once journeyed to Jirachi to make a wish. "I wish I could be bigger and stronger!" It said. Well Jirachi granted Tangela it's wish, but it did not turn out as it intended to, and we got Tangrowth. It's literally a bigger and stronger Tangela, heck, it could qualify as a unique Tangela rather then a seperate creature altogether, like the Crystal Onyx.

~~

Also, Gallade may look odd (sometimes I question whether Gallade's kilt/Gardevoir's Dress are really just extensions of their body...Or something more), but if it weren't for him, fanfics would be a lot...Different.

Edit:

*Niprop strikes Funguy10 with the power of Arceus and Sheer Cold+Lock-on Smeargle combined*

Last edited:

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    There's no such thing as a bad evolution. They are just an opinion.

My opinion is Electivire, Froslass, and Mamoswine

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    I only hate one new evolution, Lickilicky, and that's because he's fatter, and has a smaller tongue than Lickitung. If Lickylicki was a little smaller, it should have been a pre-evolution.

Hating Magnezone for changing from Three Magnemite to a UFO thing, I think is pretty stupid considering that it's pokemon. At least it isn't 9 Magnemite stuck together. Because it changed a little, that makes people dislike it, which is like disliking nearly every Pokemon evolution. At least it resembles Magneton, Pokemon like Dragonite, Milotic, and Exegutor hardly resemble their pre-evolutions at all.

I don't see the problem with Probopass, Nosepass always seemed like a comic-relief pokemon, and they are just expanding that with Probopass. The only thing I would change are it's eyes.

The only problem I see with Magmortar is it's a little fat, and the colors are not that good. Otherwise I think it is really cool, because of it's cannon arm.

Hating Tangrowth because it's a bigger Tangela is like hating Dragonair, Rapidash, Marowak, Muk, the list can go on. At least it isnt two or three pokemon stuck together, like Dugtrio, Magneton, and Weezing.

Mamoswine haters... ;_;

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    The ice evee evolution. the grass one isn't too bad though.
    Togetic- Togekiss. Why? It looks like a small jumbo jet ¬¬
    Nosepass was ridiculous enough, Probopass can just get lost.
    Sunkern= Bad. Sunflora = Bad, Blind AND Ugly.

AlphaMightyena

A Mightyena Fapper
    Years
    What is wrong with the 4th gen?
    Unless people prefer contest over battles, i'd keep the Evo's.

Sure a Rhyperior may be Uglyer but overall which one has the better stats?

i have a Ugly Rhyperior agist a cute Rhydon. Rhydon may be cuter but it sucks with it's base stat of 485 while ugly Rhyperior's stat of 535 rules.

Many people are judgeing pokemon by thier look's rather than thier Abilities.

It's almost a shame.

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
    Years
    What is wrong with the 4th gen?
    Unless people prefer contest over battles, i'd keep the Evo's.

Sure a Rhyperior may be Uglyer but overall which one has the better stats?

i have a Ugly Rhyperior agist a cute Rhydon. Rhydon may be cuter but it sucks with it's base stat of 485 while ugly Rhyperior's stat of 535 rules.

Many people are judgeing pokemon by thier look's rather than thier Abilities.

It's almost a shame.
    I feel the exact same way.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2013
    Porygon-Z- We should have gotten a regular Porygon3 or just not have gotten an evo at all.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Tangrowth.
    It was already useless as tangela and its no different now....

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    they gave the pokemon that didn't need evolutions (nosepass, tangela)evolutions and the pokemon that did need evos (mawile,Xatu) no evos

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 17, 2010
    i have to agree with every one the 4th gen evolutions do look badly designed for example tangrowth, he looks like a huge walking pile of sea weed

Back