• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bands/Artists from the UK

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
Years
  • I Only Like Pink.
    Even Though I Live In England I Sorta Hate The Normal R&B/Rap/Modern Music At The Moment And I'm More Into Japanese And American Pop-Rock/Rock (Green Day, Fall Out Boy, Etc)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Madness. Woo for the Nutty Boys. I mean, no-one can forget Our House, or House of Fun that easily.

Ayselipera

I like a lot of old bands from the UK. A few are The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Who, The Clash, and The Kinks.

For more recent music I like Franz Ferdinand, Muse, Blur, Gorillaz, The Cure, and Radiohead.

So overall I liked the whole British invasion years, but I also like the music that came after it too. I actually thoroughly enjoy a lot of music that comes from the UK. More so then from America at least.

Ayselipera

Manic Street Preachers, The Sex Pistols, The Clash, Queen, Joy Division, The Cure, Muse, David Bowie, Patrick Wolf... I'm lucky most of my favourite bands are British & spend most of their time there, since I live in the UK too. ^^

:o

I can't believe I never realized Queen was a British band. Thumbs down for my ignorance. =(

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • I like a lot of old bands from the UK. A few are The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Who, The Clash, and The Kinks.

For more recent music I like Franz Ferdinand, Muse, Blur, Gorillaz, The Cure, and Radiohead.

So overall I liked the whole British invasion years, but I also like the music that came after it too. I actually thoroughly enjoy a lot of music that comes from the UK. More so then from America at least.

Nice. Every band you named there is good! Infact, everyone here has good taste because I don't hate any band/artist named so far :)

:o

I can't believe I never realized Queen was a British band. Thumbs down for my ignorance. =(

*twats you across the back of the head* :O I'm sorry, but to be fair, you deserved it haha :D

Ayselipera

Nice. Every band you named there is good! Infact, everyone here has good taste because I don't hate any band/artist named so far :)

*twats you across the back of the head* :O I'm sorry, but to be fair, you deserved it haha :D

Don't worry I completely agree with you on that one. I called myself a big fan for them too... I really am ashamed! xD

Years
  • I like a lot of old bands from the UK. A few are The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Who, The Clash, and The Kinks.
    Only one person mentioned The Beatles. I know they're older than most and it's the obvious answer, but really. Shame on you.

I don't know what's popular in the UK right now so I'll just repeat what others have listed to reinforce my view that these are the people you should listen to. David Bowie, The Cure, Queen, The Beatles, The Who.

My favorite artist who hasn't been mentioned yet is Imogen Heap. Actually, she's probably my favorite British musician of them all at the moment. Also look up Kate Bush. She's awesome.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • Only one person mentioned The Beatles. I know they're older than most and it's the obvious answer, but really. Shame on you.

I don't know what's popular in the UK right now so I'll just repeat what others have listed to reinforce my view that these are the people you should listen to. David Bowie, The Cure, Queen, The Beatles, The Who.

My favorite artist who hasn't been mentioned yet is Imogen Heap. Actually, she's probably my favorite British musician of them all at the moment. Also look up Kate Bush. She's awesome.

I was hoping no-one would NEED to mention The Beatles. I just assumed everyone on the planet liked them ;) haha. Queen, The Cure, Bowie and The Who are all great too. Legends :P
    I've only heard one song from Imogen Heap, recommend any? (Hide and seek was the song I heard)
    And Kate Bush was actually a guilty pleasure of mines a few years back haha.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    The only two bands I know of that I will actually listen to that are from the UK are Bring Me The Horizon and Asking Alexandria.

Years
  • I was hoping no-one would NEED to mention The Beatles. I just assumed everyone on the planet liked them ;) haha. Queen, The Cure, Bowie and The Who are all great too. Legends :P
    I've only heard one song from Imogen Heap, recommend any? (Hide and seek was the song I heard)
    And Kate Bush was actually a guilty pleasure of mines a few years back haha.
    Yes, I'm sure everyone knows about the Beatles. I'm just having my fun.

Some other good Imogen songs (IMO) are Headlock, Goodnight and Go, and Just For Now from the album Speak For Yourself; and First Train Home, Wait It Out, and Half Life from Ellipse.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Robots In Disguise.

I'm saying them because no one knows who the heck they are, and yet they're my favourite band and they're working on their fourth album.

I'd listen to the more accessible songs first: The Tears, Wake Up, Mirror rorriM and then move onto La Nuit (which is entirely in French but a great song) and perhaps The Sex has made me Stupid and anything else they have.

I'm also going to risk saying Tim Minchin. Yes, he's offensive, opinionated and Australian, but he was born in the UK and has british citizenship, so shush. :)

Ctrl Alt Del

The problem with society.
    Years
  • Kasabian and Biffy Clyro!! Seen 'em both live, they rock :). Fan of Arctic Monkeys too but who wasn't back when they were massive.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    Let me see... Well, I classify a band or artist as a "favourite", if it has two or more songs that I am fond of.

Two songs:
    Petula Clark
    Sonique
    Stereophonics
    Mumford & Sons
    Karl Jenkins
    Daniel Bedingfield

Three songs:
    The Rolling Stones

Back