• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Barely any Legendaries?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Feel like the "less is more" approach was caused by people complaining about things like Garbordor and Klink so game freak decided to do nothing. The lack of Legendaries, plus making Mewtwo obtainable without even a little bit of a puzzle (not asking for another Cerulean Cave but something besides walk in get mewtwo profit would have been nice) baffles me. It seems like the setup for DLC. I don't mind DLC, but this game has nothing to really do after the E4 save for two easy legends and Looker.
    Again, what is there that suggest Game Freak decided to listen to a vocal minority complaining on forums?

It makes sense for there to be less legendaries anyway if there are less new Pokemon overall. Scales down as a ratio, so to speak. (And again, off topic but I'd say from the sounds of it there's still stuff to do beyond the E4 beyond those two things).

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    Again, what is there that suggest Game Freak decided to listen to a vocal minority complaining on forums?

It makes sense for there to be less legendaries anyway if there are less new Pokemon overall. Scales down as a ratio, so to speak. (And again, off topic but I'd say from the sounds of it there's still stuff to do beyond the E4 beyond those two things).

Not really a minority on forums seeing as how Garbodor made itself in the top 5 of every worst pokemon list for several decently large game review websites, namely 1up. Not even just Garbodor at that point, a lot of Generation 5 pokemon were panned by anyone that didn't have a check coming from Game Freak if they said they liked them. They're decently concerned with the community seeing as how if they didn't keep an ear to what people liked nobody would play the games.

If they didn't take into consideration at least some of the things that the community was mutually saying, they'd be creating games that they like. Not the community. They take some of the stuff that a decent portion of the community says as factors of new games. One of the most widely said things was that over half of the gen 5 lineup was stupid, forgettable and lazy so Game Freak took a "quality not quantity" approach seeing as how the generation that introduced the most new pokemon had almost half of them disliked by a large enough number of people.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I thought you still could? Three new legends, plus the roaming Kanto birds. Add onto that the Battle Maison, Friend Safari, Looker sidequests, Pokeradar.... there's still a fair bit to do post game, from what I hear. (I am not up to post game, so I can't speak on my own experience, however).

Hmm; Looker's sidequests is not even hard, it only take a while. The only other thing you said that I am too interested in is the Friend Safari - Still, I need lower capture rate Pokemons so I can dump the balls at them.

Tell me: why are legendaries considered fulfilling endgame content anyway?

And I don't see why not.
    I rather be considering them as "trophies" since I don't even use them - I prefers spending hours on trying to capture even a single one of them: It poses no challenges, otherwise.

To sum it up; Let's just say I enjoy being tortured by legendaries shaking out of my Pokeballs.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I like how you can never please /everyone/.

When there were a lot of legendaries from Generation 3 on, everyone complained that the legendaries have lost their statuses.

And now that we only have 3 new ones and 4 from Kanto, people are complaining about the lacks of legendaries, again. Tsk.

Ha, you say this like everyone is suppose to agree on what they want/like. Everyone is different and not everyone is going to want the same thing, so naturally with that comes the idea that not everyone will be pleased.

I've always liked the idea of multiple legendaries, because as I said previously, they're enjoyable to hunt down for post-game material. Gives you something more to do.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • In other words, time constraints, which is completely understandable for every company, because nobody likes a poorly rushed game with messy models, frame drops, and glitches, though they could've at least delayed the game like what Nintendo did with Tropical Freeze this month.

That would cause an outrage. The most anticipated Pokemon game in history delayed for days or maybe weeks or who knows how long. We don't want that to happen I know I wouldn't and I hope they don't with future releases.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Not really a minority on forums seeing as how Garbodor made itself in the top 5 of every worst pokemon list for several decently large game review websites, namely 1up. Not even just Garbodor at that point, a lot of Generation 5 pokemon were panned by anyone that didn't have a check coming from Game Freak if they said they liked them. They're decently concerned with the community seeing as how if they didn't keep an ear to what people liked nobody would play the games.
    Fair enough there, but then... what does Garbodor have to do with the number of legendaries created? It's not a legendary, after all.

As for it being an impact on the number - I doubt it. I would also wager that if you made such polls after the release of any gen, Pokemon towards the top of the disliked list would be from said gen. And that's not surprising - many people don't often like change, have nostalgia for older gens, have not had time to get 'used' to the Pokemon, etc etc. This gen has a number of pokes disliked and is no exception. Klefki, for example, had quite the shouting at when it was first sighted from leaks. OMG A keychain Pokemon? Game freak are so unoriginal! Using stuff on their desk for inspiration! Etc. (I'm not exaggerating on such claims, either...). And never mind the final starter forms.

I also don't agree that if they made 100+ Pokemon new designs instead of ~ 70, that people would stop buying the games because they don't like a few Pokemon. Heck, I don't like all the Pokemon of each gen. I'm sure hardly anyone likes every single Pokemon a new gen offers. But this doesn't mean all the new Pokemon suck. I doubt gen 5 took up most of the top 100 disliked Pokemon, for instance, in such polls. =p

So basically, I still don't see any evidence that Game Freak have decided to make less Pokemon, particularly less legendaries, because of some polls with Garbador and a couple other friends in the disliked pile. And tbh, I'd say that's a bit of an exaggeration of yourself that nearly everyone hated gen 5 Pokemon in general. =p

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 5, 2022
    There are no ther legendaries that we are aware of doesn't mean there aren't any no one can hack the game to see what hasn't been discovered yet so it is entirely possible there are some others buried deep with in the code somewhere.

Back