• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Batman 3 villain's discussion.

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I have seen these topics all over the web but never here so i thought i would start one.

Who should be the villain(s) in Nolan's 3rd Batman movie, and who should play them?
    I know allot of people are saying Johnny Depp would be a good Riddler, and as long as he wasn't made into a clone of Captain Jack (which is now the fear for most roles Depp plays) or be done like Jim Carrey's pathetic excuse for a Riddler(which i don't think we need to worry about) then i feel Depp would be a good choice and could fit into Nolan's world, however part of me really wants to see enemy's like Killer Croc, Mr Freeze, Bane and Clay Face, but not sure how they would fit into Nolan's more "realistic" Gotham, or who could play them if they did.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I want to see female villains. Maybe Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy. The men are boring and way too cartoony.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I want to see female villains. Maybe Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy. The men are boring and way too cartoony.

I really doubt Harley Quinn will appear in the series, her only way in is through Joker and with him not getting re-cast, it just wouldn't be right to bring her in, as for Poison Ivy she would work, but i think Catwoman would fit the series better, but clearly not as the main villain.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Waiy how de we even know its the riddler that will be the villan? Or are we just guessing? Cause if we are guessing then cool. I do not want MR Freeze or the RIddler. I want Harley Quinn of course. Just the movie will not be right cause no more Joker. Its a really touchy matter that Ill have to come back to.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I really doubt Harley Quinn will appear in the series, her only way in is through Joker and with him not getting re-cast, it just wouldn't be right to bring her in, as for Poison Ivy she would work, but i think Catwoman would fit the series better, but clearly not as the main villain.

You ever heard of copycat killers? They follow an accurate or semi accurate pattern of their criminal idol, they could easily do that for Harley, also Joker mentions having a wife at some point in his life.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah I think she could really be in it, without the Joker. Maybe she could be a minor part and Poison Ivy could be more involved, they have a relation anyway.

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Yeah I think she could really be in it, without the Joker. Maybe she could be a minor part and Poison Ivy could be more involved, they have a relation anyway.

I know its just a fun mock up but

Batman 3 villain's discussion.

I could EASILY see her in the current films.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    No question that design wise she could fit, it's just so hard to picture her not been at Jokers side, also the idea of copy-cat killing is lame, her been his wife could work but in the series Quinn was Jokers psychiatrist(sp?) and met him inside Arkham where she became obsessed with him, so anything like that couldn't happen without Joker (otherwise it wouldn't make any sense), so i doubt she will turn up, although i do agree it would be good.

Also to whoever asked it yes Riddler is just a theory as he is Batman's second most well know villain, and the fact that at times he tricked Gordon and the GCPD by trying to help them catch Batman, which distracted them from what he was doing, and with they way The Dark Knight ended that could well work.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I don't see why a copycat killer idea would be lame, it'd make perfect sense in Nolan's Gotham. Same with the fact Joker mentions having a wife, who's face was also cut.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah but Harley Quinn technically wasn't nor is she the wife. So we think. But yeah I would love bane to be in. Not just a stupid bash all bane but a smart bane. That would be wicked. But of course he would have a helper. But who? Maybe that sludge guy! Yeah that would be awesome.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Bane Broke batman's back before lol.

I know Harley was never his wife as such, but in the interest of making her a viable character, it's possible Nolan will write her in.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah but Harley Quinn technically wasn't nor is she the wife. So we think. But yeah I would love bane to be in. Not just a stupid bash all bane but a smart bane. That would be wicked. But of course he would have a helper. But who? Maybe that sludge guy! Yeah that would be awesome.

Poison Ivy, didnt she make him like that anyway? And if they are going for realistic again, Penguin and Catwoman are the mist likely.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Poison Ivy, didnt she make him like that anyway? And if they are going for realistic again, Penguin and Catwoman are the mist likely.

Actually Nolan has confirmed that he feels Penguin wouldn't fit into his vision of Gotham so he is a no go, but CatWoman has been hinted at a lot and Angelina Jolie is expected to play her.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Last interview I read, they said they wanted to have a lot of villains this time (like with Two-Face and The Joker last movie). Apparently the original idea was to have it focused around Penguin, but seeing as he's too much of a comic relief character, that was cut. Now it looks like Harley Quinn or the Riddler, as everyone's already been saying.

Not like it matters. The third movie won't be able to compare to The Dark Knight. Not at all.

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • From what i've heard its going to be the Riddler, and he is going to be played by Shyla Buff.. For those of you who dont know, he is the kid from disturbia, and Transformers.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Whatever WB execs are discussing doesn't mean much. Nolan isn't working on the next film right now. He wants to work on a film between the two. I'm sure Nolan has ideas but he's said that the stuff about Depp as the Riddler and Hoffman as the Penguin is just executive talk at the most. He'd love to work with either actor, but he doesn't want those characters. Penguin doesn't mesh with the Gotham Nolan is creating.

I'm hoping for Harley Quinn :B

The original idea was that we wouldn't see Two Face until the third film. At some point during the trial of the Joker, Dent gets disfigured. Obviously that's not going to happen for a variety of reasons. If Nolan had an idea for the next film while filming TDK, I think it's out the window now if the Joker was to be involved.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    From what i've heard its going to be the Riddler, and he is going to be played by Shyla Buff.. For those of you who dont know, he is the kid from disturbia, and Transformers.
    Firstly, I doubt that very much, and secondly, it's spelled "Shia LaBeouf"... sorry, that's just my nitpicky side there.

I once saw an excellent Photoshopped poster of David Tennant as the Riddler, and I think he's stated that he'd like the role, so I would love to see that.

Ricky429

Turtwig lovers unite!!!
    Years
  • I think they should bring in villians that have never been potrayed before. I would really love to see them have Killer Croc in a movie but it seems more likely that they would have Riddler or Catwoman in it. Also they could just have another actor potray Joker (It won't be as good as Ledger's) and that's how they can introduce Harley. Also they should give Scarecrow a much larger role. He might as well be a regular criminal with the role he has now.

Back