• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Battle Frontier Discussion

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Umm... can someone sticky this because this is a main part of the game and stuff and this thread can cut down on alot of Battle frontier threads.
    Anyways I currently still have
    4 gold symbols
    all of the silver
    I really think that the Battle frontier is too hard. I've been stck like this for 6 months

:t094:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Years
    Battle Frontier advice: I'm not the greatest, but I have all the silver symbols. Basically, you need strong attacks. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FIGHTING TYPE!!! Or at least a physically strong Pokemon with fighting moves. Otherwise you will be done in by Chansey and Blissey. How humiliating.

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Thank you The Hunk my first sticky.
    Anyways I've always had a Shuckle with the following moves
    *Toxic
    *Sludgebomb
    *Protect
    *Subsitute
    Well thats how I got most of my symbols.

Years
    Queen Boo, for your Shuckle you might consider replacing Sludge Bomb with Toxic. Shuckle's pitiful attack power kind of makes any directly damaging attack worthless. I have a Houndoom specifically for the Battle Frontier, especially the Arena. It has Sunny Day, Fire Blast, Solarbeam, and Hyper Beam. I accidentally used it in Open Level once (it's level 50) and a non Sunny Dayed Fire Blast stopped most level 60s in one shot! I love you, brute attack power!

Buffalo State College
    Years
    HoundoomOfTheDarkness said:
    Queen Boo, for your Shuckle you might consider replacing Sludge Bomb with Toxic. Shuckle's pitiful attack power kind of makes any directly damaging attack worthless. I have a Houndoom specifically for the Battle Frontier, especially the Arena. It has Sunny Day, Fire Blast, Solarbeam, and Hyper Beam. I accidentally used it in Open Level once (it's level 50) and a non Sunny Dayed Fire Blast stopped most level 60s in one shot! I love you, brute attack power!
    Umm.. I have Toxic already thats like the best move to give a Shuckle. So alot of people are saying that I should get rid of Sludgebomb for Double team.

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    No, don't get rid of Sludge Bomb for Double Team, get rid of it for Sandstorm. You might also consider Wrap over Substitute.

Years
    Oh... sorry. I didn't notice. I just noticed Sludge Bomb. I also didn't notice that you had 4 gold symbols. I don't have any gold symbols at all! And I've been stuck that way longer than you've had 4 Gold Symbols!

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Smarties-kun said:
    No, don't get rid of Sludge Bomb for Double Team, get rid of it for Sandstorm. You might also consider Wrap over Substitute.

Its that I want to torcher the Pokemon by using subsistute and then protect and then Toxic, well thats my plan and thats how I got 4 gold and 7 silver symbols.

:t094:~*!*~queen Boo~*!*~

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    That is still way too much set up in BF, and that is probably why you haven't advanced any further. Defense is good, but overdoing it like can make it last longer than it needs to and you will usually end up on the other end of the battle. Ditch the Shuckster for a Poke that has good defense, but can actually attack as well.

Years
    shanecdavis said:
    That is still way too much set up in BF, and that is probably why you haven't advanced any further. Defense is good, but overdoing it like can make it last longer than it needs to and you will usually end up on the other end of the battle. Ditch the Shuckster for a Poke that has good defense, but can actually attack as well.

Or have both. What two Pokemon do you ordinarily use with your Shuckle? Good balance would probably require something with brutal attack force but little defense, and something medium. Salamence and... hmmm... not too many mediums out there... Anyone think of a well balanced stat Poke other than some legendaries (Mew comes to mind. Too bad it is outlawed at the Frontier. And why do all the rentals in the Battle Factory suck except the ones your opponent uses, and then you can't beat them to swap? Why am I going on and on in parenthesis?)?

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Well I usually use a Pokemon with bad attack (Shuckle and Umbreon) and some Pokemon with very good attack and special attack (Charizard and Espeon) my team is balanced out. But thats not all of them. Well in the battle Factory I had a shuckle with Toxic, Double team, Wrap and Sandstorm. those were horrible move though

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    That is where you have a problem. Every Poke you use should have good attacks. Again, you are emphasizing too much on defense. While defense is always a good thing, too much of it is going to be counter-productive. You still need a way to defeat your opponent.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I Am Training Jolteon For Lv 50
    Jolteon Lvl 34 Timid Need Item
    Ev Spa 105 Speed 130
    Thunder Wave
    Thundershock
    Thunderbolt
    Helping Hand

I Need 2 Pokemon To Go With It And More Moves Instead Of Thunder Shock And Thunder Wave

Years
    Note to self: Always have a ground type. Or else something with ground moves. Lest you die by Electric types. Why must they only have one weakness? Speaking of weaknesses: if Sableye could learn skill swap, and used it on Shedinja, it would be invincible!!! I bet I could sort of make that work!!! *Coughskillswapswitchoutsableyeskillswapinvinciblecough*. Excuse me.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Actually it wouldn't be invincible. Your Sableye would still be succeptable to non-direct damage, ala Toxic or Will-O-Wisp or the like.

Buffalo State College
    Years
    shanecdavis said:
    That is where you have a problem. Every Poke you use should have good attacks. Again, you are emphasizing too much on defense. While defense is always a good thing, too much of it is going to be counter-productive. You still need a way to defeat your opponent.
    Okay thanks for the information. I'll try that.

Years
    Shanecdavis, I know what you mean by indirect damage, but I meant stuff like Fire Blast that do serious ammounts of damage instead of annoying slow effects. Never underestimate the slow effects though. I fought my first Shedinja in the Battle Tower on Sapphire. It sucked and couldn't kill my Latias, but I couldn't beat it either, no Super Effectives or slowkillers. Eventually it killed itself with Struggle. Never use Tyranitar on a team with a Shedinja. Sand Stream=bye bye Shedinja.

Back