• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Battle Frontier Discussion

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    You can face the Frontier Brains at either L50 or Open Level. It's only on Multi-battle modes they don't appear, only on single or double battles with one trainer.

BTW, any tips on the Battle Factory? It's the one that really frustrates me cos I don't have a lot of choice about what I use.
    Holy $@#$!!! It's a Toothache sighting!

Here are some tips for Battle Factory:

* Go for Ghost Pokes since they can avoid a lot of attacks that the cheat#$$ AI likes to throw at you.

* Go for standard Pokes (you probably do that already)

* Go for good items (even on a weaker Poke might help you in the end)

* Balance your team (no-brainer)

* Watch how that Poke performs against you

* The more you trade the better Pokes you will see in the next round, although the cheat#$$ AI will too.

* Have a lot of luck

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Cool, I'll bear all that in mind.

BTW, been building up a Slaking lately for this lot:

Metagross@Choice Band
    Nature: Adamant
    EV: 60 HP / 252 Att / 100 Def / 96 SpDef
    Trait: Clear Body
    Meteor Mash
    Shadow Ball
    Explosion
    Earthquake

Claydol@Silk Scarf
    Nature: Relaxed
    EV: 164 HP / 52 Att / 108 Def / 48 SpAtt / 138 SpDef
    Trait: Levitate
    Ice Beam
    Earthquake
    Explosion
    Light Screen

Slaking@Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    EV: 6 HP / 252 Att / 252 Speed
    Trait: Truant
    Return
    Shadow Ball
    Earthquake
    Focus Punch

Not much on the special side, but with two Exploders I doubt I'll need em.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    can anyone help me beat lucy?????
    im so lucky that lucy always appears in the battle pike
    but i wasted all my luck seviper kept sweeping 1 or 2 of my pokes
    and if i'm lucky enough he lets out shuckle which waste my poke's pp
    and if i'm really unlucky enough she sends out or switch out her powerhouse milotic
    i'm really appreciate all the help i can get here are my teams

Manectric
    Item:Leftovers
    Trait:Static
    -Bite
    -Spark
    -Thunderbolt
    -Thunder

Walrein
    Item:Shell Bell
    Trait:Thick Fat
    -Body Slam
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Blizzard

Blaziken
    Item:Focus Band
    Trait:Blaze
    -Slash
    -Fire Punch
    -Brick Break
    -Blaze Kick

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    All you need again lucy is a metagross. It must learn earthquake for seviper. And it won't affected by either toxic or sandstorm. You can meteor mash shuckle. It's if metagross doesn't inflicted with status before the match.

Equip your best pokemon with a lum berry, it could help you a little.
    None of your pokemon has earthquake... Teach one of your pokemon earthquake.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    but then.....i already taught my altaria earthquake...im planning of transferring my earthquake in leafgreen in emerald...but my other game boy kinda broken out so i'll have to wait or trick someone to lend me his/her gameboy advance sp

dialga483

The Time Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2008
    I'm stuck as well...
    I can never defeat The Pyramid King Brandon...
    hey!
    to beat the pyramid king brandon (for the silver symbol use a fighting type. it can easily best the three regis. I used a machamp, aggron, and alakazam. machamp's revenge works on all three of them.

Magnezone

Some random trainer...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    For the battle pyramid, try to keep a Pokemon with Pickup, Linoone is probably your easiest option. For the first two rounds, keep Linoone in your team and if you're lucky you can find items like Sacred Ash. For the third round, replace Linoone with a strong fighting type with revenge (machamp). an easy way to beat brandon with machamp is to use x attacks on him the second time regice uses rest (when he's used his chesto berry). I found quite a few x attacks in the pyramid, so i'm pretty sure you should be able to find them as well. When I faced brandon, machamp was my only pokemon left.

For the battle pike, training a metagross is a waste of time. In the open level one, I used a lv100 gengar to defeat seviper with psychic and then milotic with destiny bond. Against shuckle, I sent out a lv36 Aron I just caught and waited until shuckle ran out of all its PP and began using struggle. When the aron eventually died, i sent out a lv100 sceptile to finish shuckle off.

For the battle dome, I'd recommend starmie against dome ace tucker. (Surf, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Psychic with Sitrus Berry).
    Salamence faints with one ice beam, Charizard is weak to surf, and it takes three surfs to beat Swampert. Tucker isn't that smart, his swampert kept using counter as starmie kept using surf on it.
    Anyway, I hope this information helps.
    I have gotten all the silver symbols. What do you think is the easiest gold symbol to get? And, is there a specific team that I could use for all the gold symbols?

Last edited:
    Back