• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle or Avoid?

Battle or Avoid?

• Battle

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • Avoid

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    You're walking on a route, tyring tor each the enxt city as soon as possible. Than you see a Bug Catcher standing on the outskirts of the path. You could easily walk around but risk a wild encounter. What to do...

A lot of us rejoice or get displeased at the sight of a Trainer on their way to the enxt city or destination.

Some people go into battle, while some try the easy way out, which in the end sometimes takes longer than just fighting the Trainer with wild encounters and a longer way to travel.

So what do you do?

Battle or Avoid?

TomE22

Feelin' fine...
    Years
  • I usually like to battle every trainer on one route before going into the next, because i'm not in a hurry to finish the game.

I only avoid battles when my Pokemon are low on health and I'm too far away from the previous town to be worth the waste of time. At those times, I hurry into the next town, avoiding most trainers.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I battle every Trainer I see,but if my Pokemon are at low health I avoid them.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Depends on the situation I am in. If I want EXP, then I go with battle. If it's a normal situation, then Avoid. If Pokemon are running on low health, obviously Avoid. As I usually Avoid, I voted Avoid on the poll.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Battle.

Because if you don't you'll live to regret it later on in the game. :) The only exception is if my party is low on health and I don't know where the nearest Pokémon Centre is.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Battle, obviously. My pokemon will need all the experience they can get. >_>

...besides, it's more fun that way. :D

Kaminari

Future Pokemon Master ✗✗
    Years
  • I always battle every trainer I see so my pokemon will have almost no problem beating the Elite 4.
    I don't really like battles, I get bored of them, but really if you just battle every trainer you'll be fine. I didn't lose one battle all the way through the league and for the majority after (I lost to a gym leader and in that battle place due to bad luck and type disadvantage D:< )

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • And skip out on getting exp points? Hell no! I'm battling! I don't run from wild battles either, even if I'm on level 77 and they're on 2. Every little bit counts.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I normally like to battle half of them,Sneak around a few go to the city heal up look around then go back to the route and finish the rest.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • basically i battle every trainer i see unless my pokemon are low on hp and then when i reach the next town and heal my pokemon then i will go back and battle.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • I battle a few trainers, I heal my Pokémon, and go back with some Pokéballs to catch and battle :P

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I usually battle. Its not as fun when you are avoiding a trainer because your pokemon need that experience and trainers offer more experience than wild pokemon. For pokemon however if I already caught that pokemon or I'm in a hurry to the next destination I usually battle as well but I tend to run more. However ev training requires me to battle specific pokemon so I only run if its not the evs I'm loking for. So in all I suppose I battle more than I avoid. I dislike cowardice :[.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • Battle, because I ALWAYS win :P And its a lot easier to just engage in a battle instead of waiting for the sprite to change directions >_>

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

loganinak

I just lost the game :)
    Years
  • I always battle the trainers just so I can get the exp. points but i am usually disappointed when I see a trainer.

Back