• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Battle Subway and Wifi Teams

Solfatara

Forest Dweller
Years
    • Seen May 10, 2011
    Well, I found something almost broken. I'm planning to use it in the Battle Subway. I guess I'll put a full analysis here:
    Oh, and did I mention it needs sandstorm?

Battle Subway and Wifi Teams

Aron @ Shell Bell Lvl 1
    Adamant. Sturdy.
    0HP|0DEF|0SPDEF IV's
    Endeavor
    Protect
    Tackle
    ---

Sturdy works differently in Gen 5, now protecting said Pokemon from getting OHKO'd from any attack. With that in mind, after the first attack Aron can Endeavor his opponents down to 1HP, then refill his health with its Shell Bell. Rinse and repeat. Protect is there if you suspect fake outs or something else. Just filling up move slots, really.

It's partners should be something that help its Ghost weakness. And a Tyranitar/Hippowdon for Sand Stream.

There are a list of counters, but if you're team lacks them you're out:
    • Ghost type pokemon
    • Entry hazards like Stealth Rock and Spikes
    • Pokemon with the Rough Skin, Steel Thorns or Mold Breaker Ability
    • Pokemon with Sandstorm abilities
    • Other weather teams, specifically hail
    • Attacks that hit 2-5 times in one turn
    • Dragon Tail or Overhead Throw
    • Status
    • Knock Off or Trick
    • Leech Seed
    • Fake Out

I doubt you'll see some of those in the Battle Subway, but still listing 'em.

This worked in generation four, but the levels are generated differently in gen V Battle Subway.
    All participating pokémon will be automatically set to lv. 50, also those that are initially below.
    So this method is not possible in the subway.

DeeJay

Mr. Excitement
    Years
  • glaceon
    ice beam
    shado ball
    sleep talk
    hidden power

Three things:
    1) Isn't a Glaceon too slow for the subway? It seems to be all about speed on the subway...
    2) Why Sleep Talk?
    3) What type is your Hidden Pow. here?

One easy way to get up through 21+ almost single-handedly: Garchomp (w/ Focus Sash) with Swords Dance,Outrage, EQ. ALWAYS do Swords Dance first. The subway rarely tries a status move on him. It's almost dumber then the Gen IV Battle Tower...

Last edited:

DeeJay

Mr. Excitement
    Years
  • I finally beat the Super Single in White ^_^
    The battle with Ingo was rather anticlimactic, lol. My Garchomp beat his whole team.
    Here's my Battle Video: 66-52221-96356.

For those still working, here's what FINALLY worked for me:
    -Garchomp w/ Focus Sash
    Earthquake, Outrage, Stone Edge, Swords Dance
    -Scizor (Technician) w/ Lum Berry
    Bullet Punch, Bug Bite, Swords Dance, Superpower
    -Chandelure (Flash Fire) w/ Choice Scarf
    Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Flamethrower, Will-O-Wisp

On to the Doubles!

Years
  • In the Battle Subway, I use Tyranitar, Ursaring and Garchomp. It's also the team I used in the Gen IV Battle Frontier. It works well, too. I don't remember the sets, though, so I can't post them. The Tyranitar was definitely a Dragon Dance set, though, and the Ursaring set might have been Flame Orb/Quick Feet/Facade.

SkyShaymin98

Never Underestimate Me...
    Years
  • In BW:
    Typholsion (Charcoal)Ability: Blaze
    Moves:
    Fire Blast
    Flamethrower
    Earthquake
    Eruption

Carracosta (Rock Gem) Ability: Sturdy
    Moves:
    Stone Edge
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam
    Aqua Tail

Absol: (BlackGlasses) Ability: Pressure
    Moves:
    Me First
    Psycho Cut
    Park Pulse
    Night Slash

DeeJay

Mr. Excitement
    Years
  • Hey folks. I finally finished the Super Double line. Here's the team that worked:
    #1) Garchomp with Choice Band (Earthquake, Stone Edge, Dragon Claw, *last wasn't used*)
    #2) Gengar with Focus Sash (Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt, Destiny Bond)
    #3) Scizor (Technician) with Lum Berry/Expert Belt (Swords Dance, Bug Bite, Bullet Punch, Superpower)
    #4) Rotom - Wash with Choice Scarf (Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Hydro Pump, Will-O-Wisp)

Considering the 'chomp wasn't even bred/trained just for this, I think it worked out pretty well. The Gengar was surprisingly successful with Focus Blast...highly recommended.

Back