• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Battling Glitch

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    I was in the Battle Maison when I came across a strange glitch with the attack outrage. Normally when a Pokemon uses the move outrage it becomes confused after 2-3 attacks in a row. What I found is that if you badly poison them after they have started using outrage, is that they will get locked into using that move and never get confused. One Pokemon used it 8 times in a row without becoming confused! I don't know if it happens while they are regularly poisoned, because I haven't tried that yet. I also do not know if this works outside of the Battle Maison, or if it will work for your own Pokemon using outrage.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Have you seen any other kinds of glitches while battling?

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    battle mansion cheats, if all the battles were legit anyone can get through them all

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    Idk, I steamroll through them just using Mega Kangaskhan. Any battle where Mega Kangaskhan has trouble I quickly switch to Gengar to avoid fighting type moves. I find it requires little thinking when you battle this way and you can get 50-win streaks with relatively little effort.

Interesting though about the glitches. hm.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    battle mansion cheats, if all the battles were legit anyone can get through them all

I've had absolutely no problems in the Battle Maison. I have a 100 Battle streak and nothing out of the ordinary has ever happened with my battles. I pretty much floor the opponent before they can do anything.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    lol, I love how "the AI cheats" is the ONLY possible explanation! Nothing could POSSIBLY challenge your might as a trainer besides AI cheating, ;-)

Well can you be more specific? WHICH pokemon does this work on? Do they have an ability, berry or other hold item that prevents confusion? If so, then Outrage won't confuse them and they can just keep selecting it every 2 - 3 turns as needed. (having never been to the battle maison I don't know how it's set up, are there other factors? Like does the battle itself have specific rules, such as no one can be confused? And other battles no one can be burned, or no one can use Special attacks, that kind of set up where each battle or floor has specific limitations on a battle?)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Would anyone care to share their Battle Maison pwning secrets? I've been trying to get just a 50 win streak in Super Singles since Black/White. It irks me a little that I've been trying to do it for 2 years, and then some people come along and are like "oh I have a 100+ win streak its not that hard". So...what am I doing wrong?

lol, I love how "the AI cheats" is the ONLY possible explanation! Nothing could POSSIBLY challenge your might as a trainer besides AI cheating, ;-)

Well can you be more specific? WHICH pokemon does this work on? Do they have an ability, berry or other hold item that prevents confusion? If so, then Outrage won't confuse them and they can just keep selecting it every 2 - 3 turns as needed. (having never been to the battle maison I don't know how it's set up, are there other factors? Like does the battle itself have specific rules, such as no one can be confused? And other battles no one can be burned, or no one can use Special attacks, that kind of set up where each battle or floor has specific limitations on a battle?)

Funny thing is, the AI really did cheat in the Gen 5 Battle Subway. No, really, it did. As you'd battle, the game would analyze your team and starting forming teams (from its large pool of Pokemon) that were made to counter yours. Didn't make it impossible to beat, but it sure made it frusturating at times. IDK if its still like that in the Battle Maison, though.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    AI in games are incredibly simple and predicable, it has to cheat so there is some sort of challenge. Every battle in the mansion if different so that no one can make a guide to get through it all, including throwing out a pokemon who spams a move that's way more powerful then it should me.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    AI in games are incredibly simple and predicable, it has to cheat so there is some sort of challenge. Every battle in the mansion if different so that no one can make a guide to get through it all, including throwing out a pokemon who spams a move that's way more powerful then it should me.

in R/S/E i used an action replay to have pokemon with 999 in all stats, and the battle tower still managed to eventually beat me.

when all 3 of your pokemon get killed in succession by a quickclawed whiscash using fissure, you know the game just cheated.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    Sheer Force Held Item Glitch

So I discovered a glitch. Not sure if anyone's mentioned it before. But I've tried to use Shell Bell with Sheer Force Nidoqueen. It doesn't work. I'm thinking Shell Bell doesn't work with Sheer Force. Just something I've noticed. Other than with Nidoqueen, I haven't tried it with anything else.

Black Sludge and Leftovers work.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
    Years
  • in R/S/E i used an action replay to have pokemon with 999 in all stats, and the battle tower still managed to eventually beat me.

when all 3 of your pokemon get killed in succession by a quickclawed whiscash using fissure, you know the game just cheated.

Yeah i've had a friend who got KO'd by BrightPowder Walrien using Sheer Cold. These are are pretty much 100% chance to hit at the point you start battling them, when they're used against you at least.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2015
    So I discovered a glitch. Not sure if anyone's mentioned it before. But I've tried to use Shell Bell with Sheer Force Nidoqueen. It doesn't work. I'm thinking Shell Bell doesn't work with Sheer Force. Just something I've noticed. Other than with Nidoqueen, I haven't tried it with anything else.

Black Sludge and Leftovers work.

Did you use an attack when you tried to activate the shell bell? It doesn't work every turn, only when you deal damage.

Years
  • I've had absolutely no problems in the Battle Maison. I have a 100 Battle streak and nothing out of the ordinary has ever happened with my battles. I pretty much floor the opponent before they can do anything.

I'd like to see your team, just out of curiosity...

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    in R/S/E i used an action replay to have pokemon with 999 in all stats, and the battle tower still managed to eventually beat me.

I also had an Action replay with Ruby/Saphire/Emerald and there is no code that will allow 999 in every stat. The stats aren't changeable, they are fixed at specific levels and the only change that can be made is the number of IVs in each stat and the number of EVS in each stat. There ARE codes that will allow 252 (well, 255 probably) Evs in every stat, but the stats themselves cannot be change by any gameshark or action replay code at all. It's like the people that say they used an action replay code that gave them a Seadra with Wonder Guard. The games are all coded (at least from Gen 3 onward) that This pokemon has these base stats and one of these abilities, there is no code or possible way a cheat device can alter these things (otherwise you get a "bad egg", not a pokemon) the only thing you can alter is the moves it gets, the IVs it's stats have and the EVs in the stats, and even with a cheat device, the Evs are still capped at their natural maximum for each stat. Using an emulator where the actual coding of the game was reprogrammed, that's a totally different story. But as for the actual games, there are no cheat codes that will allow this any more than there's an action replay that lets you play as Sonic in Super Mario World.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    I never had any problems in the Battle Maison either. I was just wondering if anyone else noticed that when a pokemon gets poisoned after using Outrage that they will never become confused.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    I also had an Action replay with Ruby/Saphire/Emerald and there is no code that will allow 999 in every stat. The stats aren't changeable, they are fixed at specific levels and the only change that can be made is the number of IVs in each stat and the number of EVS in each stat. There ARE codes that will allow 252 (well, 255 probably) Evs in every stat, but the stats themselves cannot be change by any gameshark or action replay code at all. It's like the people that say they used an action replay code that gave them a Seadra with Wonder Guard. The games are all coded (at least from Gen 3 onward) that This pokemon has these base stats and one of these abilities, there is no code or possible way a cheat device can alter these things (otherwise you get a "bad egg", not a pokemon) the only thing you can alter is the moves it gets, the IVs it's stats have and the EVs in the stats, and even with a cheat device, the Evs are still capped at their natural maximum for each stat. Using an emulator where the actual coding of the game was reprogrammed, that's a totally different story. But as for the actual games, there are no cheat codes that will allow this any more than there's an action replay that lets you play as Sonic in Super Mario World.

This is a lie. I've definitely battled a team of Pikachu with Wonderguard in Gen IV.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2014
    This is a lie. I've definitely battled a team of Pikachu with Wonderguard in Gen IV.

there is a website that allows for the manipulation of stats moves and hidden abilities, that allows 999 in every stat. theres youtube videos on how to do this

Back