• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen BE FREE MY YOUNG JOLTIK, GO EXPLORE THE WORLD!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    When you've faced N within the games, you'd have noticed that his team changes location to location based upon what Pokemon are native there.

How do you feel about this? Would you rather him have an actual team that he uses throughout the game instead of "use and release" Pokemon, which seems to be against what he does believe in, since in which case all Pokemon would be free. Do you think that they aren't actually his team and that they are Pokemon he has befriended and thus he calls upon them in battles? Or is there another reason you've thought of that would be so much more logical than N actually being a kind hearted boy that is friends with all Pokemon? Share your thoughts. :D

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
  • Eh, for the most part I liked N having a new 'team' each time. It made him a little more of challenge.

Yeah, I think he just befriends his 'team' whenever he gets to a new place and releases his old one.

Years
  • I haven't finished the game (I know), but I think that leaving the Pokemon in their natural habitat is more in-line with his ideals.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    I thought it was fine except the one thing that bothered me was the Klinklang, he used it as a Klink and then it appeared in his team again. They could've used another guy like... er, Bisharp or something.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • I don't really like how you can just get up and catch the Pokemon he has right after you beat him. It makes his teams really uninteresting. You usually give the important characters semi-rare Pokemon that you don't find in the wild often. However, the battle with his Symboler was really annoying both times I've played. It's just so strong, heh.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Well, according to the manga, N calls on wild Pokemon to battle for him. To me, this seems like the most logical explanation. The Pokemon N uses in the final battle, we can assume, were given to him as "pets" by Ghetsis when he was a child.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Nothing like doing the same challenge, only using the wild pokemon found on the routes before and after a gym city (or victory road in the E4, that is).

Actually, come to think of it, is N a pokemon ranger? They sort of do the exact same thing..

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I actually like the idea of him having a new team in different locations because it brings uniqueness to the Pokemon games. I wouldn't call him a Pokemon Ranger, maybe he never releases them.

:t354:TG

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I liked how he changed every time, it made him unpredictableish sorta. ポケモンo(^▽^)o

West the Hardcore Nerd

Giggles at the ghosties!
    Years
  • It meshes with N's character perfectly, seeing how he was the only Team Plasma member that wasn't a hypocrite, as he was the only one that actually stood by his word and released his Pokemon. Of course, that's probably what all of the Plasma Grunts do after you finish battling them... Still, though, nice touch.

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • Hah, I actually never noticed that! But yeah, as it's already been said, it seems to fit nicely with the whole "wanting to free Pokémon"-idea, so it pretty much makes sense.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • His team changed every time? o__o; I didn't even notice...

It makes sense that his team changes along the way; mine certainly did throughout the game. But as the guy who cared so much about pokemon that he wanted all of them set free, I find it very hypocritical of him to only use a pokemon for a little while. Wouldn't he be adding to their oppression that way?

Years
  • I had no problem whatsoever with his changing everytime you battled him...

What I dont understand is that why was he 'King of Team Plasma' if he wasnt the one doing all the evil stuff, but rather Ghetsis? I know the two are related, but based on N's interest in the subject, he didn't sound evil whatsoever, but Ghetsis did..

I was also shocked to the fact that N told the hero to have best of luck with his dreams after the last battle.. never have I seen a villainous leader say something along those lines..

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • The fact that N's team changes every time is quite original!
    I agree with some of you that he befriends them. N is a bit crazy you know, he didn't have much contact with people, but he did with pokemon. He claims that he understands them so that is maybe why he didn't have problems with befriending new pokemon over and over.

Anyway, HE'S SO SEXY WITH ALL OF HIS STRANGENESS!!*_*

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I didn't even notice. I just killed his Pokemon like it was nothing.... I don't mind, it gives a twist each time you battle him.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I always thought it was fitting for him to do so. He asks the Pokemon in the surrounding area to lend him a hand and then he lets them go back to their lives in the wild once the battle is done.

Raises some interesting implications, though... what if you caught those Pokemon yourself and used them?

Anyway, about the Klingklang that shows up in his final battle- to be fair, the game DID need to show a Klingklang off at some point so it could be listed as seen in the Pokedex, but storywise... it's either a different one, one he befriended in childhood, or the Kling he used decided of its own volition to stay with him.

Back