• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Be truthful now...

LawLessChaoz

LawLessChaotic
Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    He looks just like the other males witha different hat. The sprites are just very bad.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • I don't think it's THAT bad... he wears a little driving hat. Although he doesn't drive. Or he's just French. One or the other.

I think the characters in general (the little ones that actually walk around) are just bad. They look like Cabbage-Patch Kids; their heads are huge compared to the rest of their body! Same way it was in FR/LG.

Speaking of this, if you want a Nintendo cameo... trade between Emerald and FR/LF (the FR/LG cart has to be a male), and when you're in the trading room, look at the FR/LG character from the Emerald perspective... it's Mario! hahaha

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2016
    I've got no problem with the male sprite, perhaps because I watch Mythbusters alot on Discovery :) Jamie, one of the program's hosts wears one ;)

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    I chose the girl.

Well, I was bored. D:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Lol, for once I'm glad I'm a girl since I really like the girl's design but...hate the guy's. I don't even know what it is, but something about the male design really puts me off. I was considering choosing him up till I saw him, too. :[ And I do have a few friends who went with the female gender just so they wouldn't have to play as the guy. XD;

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I admit the hat looks kind of weird. But I don't think he looks that bad o.o He does have a very big head but so does everyone else in the game~ But after a while you get used to the big headedness o_o

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2007
    He is the worst looking male hero in all of the Pokémon time line.

I still chose him but I wish he didn't have to look so stupid.

Xylitol

*Insert pun here*
    Years
  • I'll choose the boy over the girl anyday. D: I actually like his clothes. But I also agree with Key-if you could also choose the rival...

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
  • I might choose the Boy over the Girl. Havent started pearl yet >:|
    And I agree with Key and Xylitol if u could choose ur Rival.
    But I dunt get why does he have to wear a so called "baret" its soo stupid.
    And its NOT Racist when someone mentions how stupid or discusses something about it.
    Can u imagine someone in real life going on a journey wearing a baret xD?
    I bet they tried to make him look kool...what were they thinkin...R THEY OUTTA THERE MINDS!?:o

Last edited:

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • You know last night, I came up with the bestest idea ever. Why not for the next game, make it so your character is fully customizable? That way everyone if happy, and PC goers wont be accused of racism!

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    So he has a damned beret, people. Don't be racist. <.<;

It isn't racist to dislike a piece of clothing XD

Yeah, I think the beret looks kind of weird too. I'm choosing the girl anyway because I'm a girl.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Are you all nuts?
    He's the best looking of them all!
    And that's the best hat in the world!

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • I agree.... he does look off.... but the baret is cool.. SO STFU ALL OF YOU! >O I think barets look awesome... I'd love to wear one... but I'm just not cool enough to make it look good on me... same goes with the trainer.

Also... when I play the multi-gender games... I start off as a boy, then I be the girl, then switch back etc etc etc.

Back