• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Because Registeel > You

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • So I made a new team based around Registeel. I've been having some trouble assembling this so I hope it turned out okay.

This is for DP yes. I already have a few good ADV teams so probably no more of those.

Either way it's all defense, no offense as always. I won't be adding in sweepers so recommending them is an epic waste of your time.

I tried to make this so it countered everything at least pretty well, I hopefully didn't fail. I threw it together a bit so I don't expect it to be perfect, so rate away.

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SAtk
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Roar

Swampert lead >>>>> other leads. Also it's just plain awesome.

Registeel @ Leftovers
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Explosion
    - Hammer Arm
    - Toxic
    - Stealth Rock

Ew Smogon EVs that actually work.

Anyways Registeel counters a lot of stuff and is just plain awesome. Toxic because Bulky Grounds that thing Registeel is a joke...the joke is on them.

When Registeel has no more hope, Explosion will ince again turn the tables on the opposition.

Registeel has a lot of fun resistances to play around with and just laughs at Porygon-Z.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 124 HP / 200 Def / 184 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Reflect
    - Ice Beam
    - Charge Beam
    - Moonlight / Hidden Power [Fighting]

Cress is a good pokemon and takes two of Registeel's 3 weaknesses. Having trouble with the last slot.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Wish
    - Baton Pass
    - Substitute

Wish and subpasser, also beats Mixed infernape.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Veil
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Aerial Ace
    - Earthquake
    - Roost
    - Toxic

Physical wall. Toxic laughs at a lot of common switch-ins.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Body Slam
    - Crunch
    - Sleep Talk
    - Rest

Snorlax can actually be a good special wall this gen ;) Do not recommend Curselax or I will ignore your post.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Mwhahaha. Your Registeel will never have as good of IVs as mine. Infernape might possibly rip through this team if it's Mixed (but most teams are vulnerable). I'm not in the best mood at the moment, so I'll let other people sort it out.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Okay my Registeel has better IVs than yours because this is shoddy and I will hack the network to get 10000000 EVs in each stat :P

Also Vappy will beat Mixed Infernape and even Nasty Plot Grass Knot will fail to come close to OHKOing.

Also I was wondering...can gliscor survive flamethrower after Nasty Plot from Mixape? Probably not but I'm curious.

Also for when Dark_Azelf comes I can gloat that I'm not SD Lucario weak :P

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • Ummm...Grass Knot Bronzong Leads beat your Swampy, but ya, not that common. Anyway.

Bronzong@Leftovers
    Relaxed
    ???
    Levitate

Hypnosis (Anything else)
    Earthquake (Registeel doesn't do anything apart from Hammer Arm...)
    Grass Knot (Swampert, Vappy (:P Not really)
    Explosion (Cress, Snorlax)

w/e, I'm tired atm, so that's all I can think of.

~T_S

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Cresselia will wall that Bronzong with Reflect and Registeel can survive predicted explosion. also Vaporeon stalls that really badly. Snorlax can lower its Def with Crunch, paralyze it, and really disable it pretty badly.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Cresselia will wall that Bronzong with Reflect and Registeel can survive predicted explosion. also Vaporeon stalls that really badly. Snorlax can lower its Def with Crunch, paralyze it, and really disable it pretty badly.

First off, it's Blueberry>>>> Vileplume>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Registeel>>>>>>>>>>>>Nameless>>sims796.

Second, I applaud you for using Registeel. Never quite understood why it was labeled so bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I've always loved the Regi group (especially Ice and Steel) so I had to try this out.

And seriously look at what it resists:

-rock
    -normal
    -steel
    -ghost
    -dragon
    -dark
    -grass
    -ice
    -psychic
    -flying
    -poison
    -bug

That defines "gg"

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Ew that sucks ._.

I'll see what evil plan I have up my sleeve to solve that one. Okay time to find something with Pursuit.......

boo836

I'm back?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    Anti, I would go hp fighting cause of gross and pory-z. You may also get a fair hit from tar and maybe heatran. You also might curse on registeel. ANd snorlax does learn pursuit. :)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Um Snorlax wouls suck with Pursuit since Celebi seeds it and shrugs off Crunch like nothing.

Curse Registeel sucks. I'd much rather run sandstorm and use Regirock for that.

Also Metagross isn't even hurt by HP fighting and Cresseliax gets OHKO by dark Pulse from Porygon-Z >.> It's for Tyranitar and Weavile who switch in to Pursuit me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2008
    Anti, I would go hp fighting cause of gross and pory-z. You may also get a fair hit from tar and maybe heatran. You also might curse on registeel. ANd snorlax does learn pursuit. :)

I would think 2 EQ's and one Hammer Arm is enough. But Anit's variant of Snorlax can take PorygonZ's hits, and Body Slam it back. :O

And so, Moonlight is better in this case, especially if you don't have Wish support in your favor.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • No, Registeel is my Porygon-Z counter. Choice Specs Tri Attack can do up to 50% on snorlax and Nasty Plot is just gg, which is why Registeel is there.

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2008
    No, Registeel is my Porygon-Z counter. Choice Specs Tri Attack can do up to 50% on snorlax and Nasty Plot is just gg, which is why Registeel is there.

My first thought was actually good? 0_o Well, I'll try to not to SPAm much here, but I just noticed Vaporeon. :/ My mistake.

But really, if Registeel is your Porygon-Z counter, I would suggest Moonlight.

But that's all I can find to help you with, really. You just make excellent teams. :P

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • My first thought was actually good? 0_o Well, I'll try to not to SPAm much here, but I just noticed Vaporeon. :/ My mistake.

But really, if Registeel is your Porygon-Z counter, I would suggest Moonlight.

But that's all I can find to help you with, really. You just make excellent teams. :P

Um Registeel can't learn Moonlight :0

It's going to blow up anyways.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Ew, I hate Moonlight anyways, especially since half the teams out there have Hipowdon or Tar.

Currently I'm just looking for solutions to not being totally walled by half the metagame which this team kind of is.

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2008
    Ew, I hate Moonlight anyways, especially since half the teams out there have Hipowdon or Tar.

Currently I'm just looking for solutions to not being totally walled by half the metagame which this team kind of is.

I know, you just posted as an option. If you don't like it, you could already for Rest, one thing that caught my attention was of Mixape, One NP + Grass Knot = gg Vaporeon.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I know, you just posted as an option. If you don't like it, you could already for Rest, one thing that caught my attention was of Mixape, One NP + Grass Knot = gg Vaporeon.

lol it only does about 60% to Vappy after a plot while I OHKO it with Surf lol

Also I don't have Cleric support so I'm not inclined to use rest without sleep Talk, and I need Cress to set up reflect so pursuit doesn't mean game over.

Back