• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (OOC)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    How come everyone but Jara and Mia are 17 years old? Heh.

@ MurkMire, haha fair enough. Fear of fire it is! Mauve is accepted!

Since we now have 2 players and since I'm known for being impatient, the IC thread will be up shortly ;) Don't feel rushed though, because in this RP it won't matter much if someone happens to run ahead. And, well, you know. It's not like journey RPs usually run away quickly anyways... hrrm. So finish your SUs when you have time, and unless you don't know English at all or make a total Mary Sue, you'll be able to start RPing as soon as I've had a look.

Yay!

Years
  • The birth of Jeff Houmi

Can I reserv a spot?

Name: Jeff Houmi

01_2_by_airkosong-d87nmf2.png
    Hometown: Fortree City
    Interests:
    Acrobatics​
    Aside from reading a lot Jeff's had other interest and one of them was parkour and freerunning. His father was a parkour-artist that would run around in the city jumping from roof to roof or wall to wall. Having a father like that was always near freedom when he did all those things became sooner or later into a hobby.

Goals:
    Performer​
    Jeff's goal for his journey

Family:
    Who did you grow up with​
    Grow up with father and grandmother. Mother died when she was young.

Do you have any family today​
    He currently lives himself after his grandma recently died and his father died from a stunt.

Strengths:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Starter pokémon:
    253.png

Grovyle
    Male
    Move set
    - Quick Attack
    - Pursuit
    - Leer
    - Acrobatics​
    [/FONT]​

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • 17 is prime. 17 is life.

Oh well, I'll make Jordan a little older than 17. Say, 21.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Can I reserv a spot?

Spoiler:
    Självklart! Peta på mig när ditt SU är klart~

I would like to reserve a spot please ^_^
    Nice. Welcome :3

17 is prime. 17 is life.

Oh well, I'll make Jordan a little older than 17. Say, 21.
    You are now officially 36% cooler.

jombii

Years
  • Haha, math jokes. Funny.

Anyway, I'm done with my SU. But net's going to be gone soon, so I think I'll have my first post up tonight. (or in 12 hours earliest, it's 7 am here.)

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024

229.gif
    016.gif

08abc4b7-af2d-4fb6-9bdd-822c22d9ba32_zps16f87f93.png

Name: Ruby Cosgrove

Hometown: Violet City, Johto

Appearance: Ruby stands at a height of about 5'8". Her fully developed body sports curves that make many find her easy on the eyes, and her style of dress usually aids in this asset as well. Her hair is naturally black, save for one patch of it which the girl keeps dyed a bright blonde. Her hair generally reaches down to just past her shoulders, which she usually keeps in a rather messy style. Ruby sports a fair skin complexion and reddish-brown eyes.

Family: Grandmother and her younger sister, Laura.

Interests and Goals: Ruby has only goal in her journey across the Kanto region. She is traveling across the region in search of her father who had abandoned both her and younger sister roughly 16 years ago back in the Johto region. The fact that the man had abandoned Ruby and her sister is something that plagues the woman's mind to this very day, and she is constantly seeking out the man in an effort to discover just why he had abandoned them and to make him pay for the pain he caused the two all those years ago. While she was not able to find much information about him, Ruby discovered that someone fitting his description was last seen boarding a bot from Olivine City for the Kanto Region. She was quick to follow and investigate...

Strengths: Ruby is a friendly, easy-going lass. She never really goes out of her way to be wary or mean to strangers, and due to a somewhat active lifestyle when growing up she is fairly athletic. Ruby is somewhat of a street-smart girl. She is able to take care of herself fairly well and it is rare that she is able to be swindled or tricked because of this. She has always been protective of her younger sister, and her sisterly characteristics tend to show through when dealing with those who are a few years younger with her, once she knows them a bit better.

Weaknesses: A huge weakness that tends to be visible in her life is Ruby's refusal to really grow attached to many people around them. At times, it seems like the girl almost forces herself to wear a fake smile, and refuses to share what she may actually be feeling about certain situations. On a bit of a more silly and embarrassing note, Ruby is absolutely terrified of Bug-type Pokémon.

Starter Pokémon: Houndoom♂
    Moves: Fire Fang, Howl, Roar, Crunch, Flame Charge
    Nickname: Fang
    Bio: Shortly after she had turned 14, Ruby happened to find a stray Houndour wandering around the streets of Violet City. He was just a little thing, and not able to really take care of himself very well. Ruby had at first figured that the Houndour had somehow managed to get lost from his family and managed to get hold of the small puppy to take him around and try and find it. However, Ruby was never able to track down the Houndour's family. It was at this point in her life that Ruby began to suspect that the Houndour had been abandoned and in a sense began to feel a connection to the dog Pokémon because of this. Ruby took it upon herself to begin taking care of the Houndour in secret, due to the fact that she was afraid that her grandmother would not allow her to keep him. Ruby would eventually come to tell her grandmother about the Houndour, which she had affectionately named Fang, and took him around Johto with her during her search for her father. During this journey, Fang would eventually evolve into Houndoom, and the two would eventually head for Kanto together.

Second Pokémon: Pidgey♀
    Moves: Tackle, Gust, Sand Attack, Quick Attack
    Nickname: Juliet
    Bio: Ruby met and caught Juliet shortly after arriving in Kanto, just on the outskirts of Pewter City. Ruby knew that the trip across Kanto would require some funding and she could not just rely on what little money her grandmother had, especially when she still had to finish raising her younger sister, Laura. It was with the capture of Juliet that Ruby decided to begin her career as a Pokémon trainer, even if it would be only until she finally found her father. During the short time they have known each other, it seems that both Juliet and Fang have already started to form a friendship of sorts.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Haha, math jokes. Funny.

Anyway, I'm done with my SU. But net's going to be gone soon, so I think I'll have my first post up tonight. (or in 12 hours earliest, it's 7 am here.)
    Accepted! Very interesting character you have there, can't wait to see him in action.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Sorry for the wait, here's my sign-up :D

Name: Damien Welters

Hometown: Celadon City, Kanto

Appearance: I'll probably draw a quick sketch, but here is a quick description for now :)

Damien is a tough fellow. Standing tall for his age, he is approximately 6 feet in height. Another thing someone might notice is that Damien is a bit more on the heftier side and a bit paunchy, probably weighing in at 200lbs. His hair is dark blonde and short, and he likes to wear a red hat that he usually keeps in a backwards fashion. Facial wise, his skin is relatively clean and usually absent of facial hair or acne. His eyes are a rather alluring shade of blue. For clothing, he tends to wear a plain, black t-shirt and somewhat loose fitting, dark-blue jeans for pants. For shoes, he sports black casual shoes (the closest description I can find would something similar to Vans shoes). He also carries around a light blue backpack to store his belongings, whatever that may be such as food, Pokéballs, water, extra clothing, etc. He also wears a thin, silver chain necklace.

Interests and goals: Damien originally had no plans to even be on the journey, but it was mostly due to his parents that forced him to 'broaden' his horizons. Mostly a troublemaker, Damien had gotten into a lot of mischief and trouble with the law, such as pranking people, obnoxious behaviour, and a little bit of stealing. Mostly due to the influence of his friends, his parents thought it would be a good idea to get away from all the hustle and bustle of the city, and try to persuade him into going on a Pokémon journey in an attempt to try and change his behaviour (and to be honest his family needed a break from him).

Family: Sister, Father, Mother and Grandfather

Strengths: Damien is a confident young fellow, which he often shows. Not usually one to back down from a challenge, he will try to tackle the situation if he can. However, he's no dummy. If he knows something is 'off', or the odds are against him, then usually he will not try and go after something that will ultimately end up embarrassing him. An unusual trait about him is that he does have a sense of loyalty to those who he considers his friends. Although this could be good or bad, he doesn't have problems with doing something such as a favour if someone is close to him.

Weaknesses: His overconfidence is something that is looked down upon. Cocky, arrogant, rude, are all things that come to mind if someone were to describe Damien in a few words. He also has an unusual clinginess. If he does get to know someone, you can bet he will probably try to start up a conversation whenever he can, or just follow them. This is unintentional (as he does not realize he is coming off as a bit clingy or a chatterbox), however it can be annoying. He also has a bit of a potty-mouth which can definitely turn people away. He also hates swimming (not exactly a phobia, but he just doesn't like it).

Starter Pokémon:
    008.png

Name: Snapper (M)
    Ability: Torrent
    Attacks:
    • Dragon Pulse
    • Rapid Spin
    • Withdraw
    • Water Gun

Second Pokémon:
    056.png

Name: Lin (M)
    Ability: Anger Point
    Attacks:
    • Low Kick
    • Karate Chop
    • Fury Swipes

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Jegretis and Alby are both accepted! Welcome into the RP :)

I will wait with posting IC until someone else has.

jombii

Years
  • I'm writing up my post right now. Who wants to interact once Jordan arrives in Pewter City?

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
    Years
  • Sign-up Form
    NyxShooter

Name: Devin Aldrin

Hometown: Slateport City, Hoenn

Appearance:

Spoiler:

Devin stands at a rough 6'2" with a lean and slender build, and a fairly handsome young man. Devin's hair is normally brown, but he tends to dye it scarlet red and contrasts his deep green eyes and sunkissed complexion. He usually dons an open shirt and wears the same belt. He preffers jeans over any other pair of pants. Devin preffers to have a more bright and ecstatic kind of clothing rather than otherwise. It helps in his ever-growing, infinitley hungry ego. One might find Devin with a pair of glasses in his jeans' backpocket. They serve no real purpose but to make him look intelligent, and he hardly puts them on. He carries around a black backpack with a plethorum of books within and his trusty comb.

Interests and goals: Devin aims to be wise, he want's to learn about the world and explore beyond his city of Slateport, and want's to start with the Kanto Region. Collecting gym-badges is more of a side objective for him, more of a hobby than a life goal. Devin loves to meet new Pokemon and see how different Pokemon behave, yet Devin's biggest goal is to make friends and family.

Family:

Core Family:
    Spoiler:

Distant Family:
    Spoiler:

Strengths: According to him, too many to list. Here's his favorite strengths about himself.
    Devin, having grown up in Slateport City, was into the ruffian style of living. Not too much technology was around, and Devin was used to play on the streets. His father instilled within him his sense of Passion and Courage before passing away from a heart disease. Devin usually tended to take charge whenever him and his friends played the occasional round of Cops and Robbers, and people looked up to him for that. He gained his sense of Leadership through his friends and frenemies. Devin, despite sometimes being overtly serious, is a go-happy person and tries not to look on the dark side of life too long. His Outstanding Hair obviously comes from his birth (a momentous occasion), Devin is also quite audacious and intelligent when it comes to most things, especially Pokemon.

Weaknesses: According to him, he has none.
    Devin was born with a nebular ego, and would stop crying if he stared into the mirror as a baby. His own good looks is his own bane. Devin's ego eventually lead to his own naviety, and sometimes lacks the better judgement in situations. Devin, despite having lost a good few of his family members, still cannot handle loss. It's something no one should be able to get used to. Devin, being the naive child he is, cannot manage an adequate amount of supplies. Despite being a grown man, he still needs someone to look after him and someone who has his back.

Likewise with Devin's lack of supply managment, Devin is an absolute shopaholic and will buy just about anything, even the most useless of assortment, for the most absurd of reasons. His love of spending money eventually lead to his ever-addicting gambling career.

Starter pokémon:
    scrafty.gif

Species: Scrafty

Moveset:
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Drain Punch
    -Bite

Second pokémon:
    eevee.gif

Species: Eevee

Moveset:
    -Swift
    -Pound
    -Take Down
    -Quick Attack

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    My SU! Hope you like it.

Name: Gelius Emerald

Hometown: Cerulean City, Kanto

Appearance: Gelius stands at 5'7'' feet. His hair is brown and its all wild and messy, he has jade eyes and he has a scar on the chest. Gelius usually wears a green t-shirt under its black jacket that is always open. He uses black jeans and black tennis. He usually uses black and green gloves and a black hat. Gelius also has a lucky amulet that recived when he got his first pokemon. The amulet looks like a tear.

Interests and Goals: Since young, Gelius wanted to be a pokemon master and colect the gym badges, because helping his father on the job was not so exciting. Gelius also has the objective to find what was the pokemon (Deoxys) he saw when he was 8. But most of all, Gelius wants to make new friends. Gelius has 2 hobbies: Science and Camping. He usually goes to camp with his friends and he likes to put his survival techniques to the limit alone. He also likes to studying plants and other life forms. This intrest came from his older generations.

Family:

Core Family:
    Spoiler:

Distant Family:
    Spoiler:

Strengths:

-Sciences: Gelius is great at any kind of sciences. He used to have good marks in school.

-Survival Techniques: Gelius knows the basic and some of the advanced Survival Techniques. To him, sleeping on the tent is like sleeping on the bedroom.

-Nice: Even tougth that Gelius is stubborn, doesn't know how to wait for his time and gives terrible nicknames to the people, Gelius has good heart. Gelius would be free to help anyone, at any time.

-Courageous: Gelius is very brave and does not fear nothing. People blieve this is Gelius's best trait.

-Popular between girls: Girls usually think that Gelius is very cool. When a girl don't think that, more Gelius tried. Surprisingly, some girls hate him but the reasons are not known.

-Portects pokemon at any cost: Gelius would at any cost protect any pokemon, because he hates to see them suffer; being used as tools, slaves or lab experiments; etc...

Weaknesss:

-Stubborn: Gelius hardly accepts any order he is given. If he decides something, he decided and sometimes the decision is not a good one.

-Likes to give nicknames to everyone he meets: Gelius, when he meets someone, he gives a nickname like "Red haired girl" or "Snorlax-Man".

-Waiting: Gelius hates to wait. When comes to wait he is the worst. Longer he waits, worst to anyone that is around him.

Starter Pokemon: Poliwhirl, Male - Water Gun, Hypnosis, Bubblebeam, Water Sport, Body Slam
    Nickname: Bubbles
    Bio: Gelius had this Poliwhirl since he had 4 years old and Poliwhirl was a Poliwag. Gelius and Poliwag were every day together and used to play along. When Gelius turned 5, Poliwag saved Gelius from the certain death. Poliwag was with Gelius near the Nugget Bridge, when suddenly, a Spearow hit him on the chest and made him fall on the water. Poliwag defeated the Spearow, evolved and went to save his trainer. After that Poliwhirl took Gelius to the pokemon center. If wasn't Poliwhirl, Gelius would be dead.

Second Pokemon: Grimer, Male - Pound, Poison Gas, Harden, Sludge Bomb, Mud Bomb
    Species: Sludges
    Bio: Gelius caught this nuaghty Grimer on Cerulean City, where this pokemon was causing troubles.
    Grimer likes to make pranks to anyone that is on the way. This pokemon eats like Snorlax but doesn't sleep like one. Gelius can always count with him for anything. It even was this Grimer that made Gelius to be a real pokemon trainer.

Here you go. Tell me if its good or not...

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Finally, done with the SU, or at least hopefully I am.
    Looks good! Only thing not clear is, why did she end up in Kanto when she wanted to become a trainer and was in Sinnoh? Did she want to get away from her family or did she just think that Kanto's famous league sounded interesting?

Name: Devin Aldrin
    Is your SU finished? I think I would like the strengths and weaknesses to be explained a bit rather than just listed :) Also, what do the family names written like this mean?

Name: Gelius Emerald
    I see you mimicked NyxShooter's way of doing the SU :p So same thing goes for you; please describe the strengths and weakness a bit rather than just list them. We want them to make sense together! Same question here about the family names with strikethrough - what does that mean? If they are dead, you don't need to list them here. Also, how is "fishing" a weakness? :p

Was almost done with my SU when I realized the gender imbalance. Might change my character's gender to prevent sausagefest. For now I'll finish up and wait to see how things are when more SUs get finished.
    You do as you want, but it's not a big issue in this RP, I'd say. Of course it's harder to be unique as a boy if there are many other boy characters, though.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Looks good! Only thing not clear is, why did she end up in Kanto when she wanted to become a trainer and was in Sinnoh? Did she want to get away from her family or did she just think that Kanto's famous league sounded interesting?

Yeah, she thought that Kanto was interesting enough for her, especially with all the mountains and forests she didn't know of. At first she started her adventure in Sinnoh with her Turtwig, but she wanted something new. And since her family was more than well off, they decided to let her go to Kanto. I'll explain more as Vernita explores Kanto. Does this clear some things up at least?

Back