• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (OOC)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hi! Don't want to be rude or anything, but may I get some feedback on my SU? Because I posted it a few days ago but it hasn't been confirmed to be okay or crap or whatever :P
    Sorry, I must have missed that. Did you maybr edit an old post instead of posting anew? Or maybe I'm just busy or blind :) I'm a bit busy atm but will get you feedback asap.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2015
    Sorry, I must have missed that. Did you maybr edit an old post instead of posting anew? Or maybe I'm just busy or blind :) I'm a bit busy atm but will get you feedback asap.
    Pretty sure I posted anew, but it's fine. Just get back to be whenever, I'm in no rush!

Edit - In fact, I'll repost it here:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Pretty sure I posted anew, but it's fine. Just get back to be whenever, I'm in no rush!

Edit - In fact, I'll repost it here:
    Spoiler:
    Since you forgot the pic links in this reposted SU, I went back and read the old one instead, managed to find it. So I hope you didn't change anything important 8) because that SU was brilliant. Very well made - I can really picture Artie as a person and look forward to see what this Galactic escapee will be up to in Kanto. Welcome to the RP!

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2015
    Since you forgot the pic links in this reposted SU, I went back and read the old one instead, managed to find it. So I hope you didn't change anything important 8) because that SU was brilliant. Very well made - I can really picture Artie as a person and look forward to see what this Galactic escapee will be up to in Kanto. Welcome to the RP!

Ah fair enough. Luckily there were no edits :) And thank you! I tried to put some thought into him so he was well fleshed out. I'll try to write my first IC post ASAP!

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    Name: Ross Cooper
    Hometown: Fallarbor Town

Appearance: Attached Thumbnails

Interests and goals:

Ever since he was a little boy, Ross had been interested in fossils. Instead of playing outside, like most kids in Fallarbor did, he used to go to route 114 to look for fossils. His parents didn't let him go further than route 114, but curiosity sometimes led Ross (who was very obedient most of the times) to enter Meteor Falls.

Ross is now 21 and he has decided to travel to Kanto for a year, to learn as much as possible about fossils. His destination is Pewter City, but what he doesn't realize is that he can get a gym badge in that city. Together with fossils, Ross is also interested in pokémon battling, so taking on gyms is something he'd like.

Family: Ross grew up with his parents, who owned a farm a little outside of Fallardor Town. They worked very hard, 7 days a week, but they enjoyed it. They didn't really care for all the stuff Ross was interested in, they actually wanted him to play with the other kids in town, but they knew they couldn't force him.

Strengths & Weaknesses:

Ross is very smart and eager to learn. He knows a lot, about a lot of different subjects and if there's a subject he doesn't know much about, he immediately wants to know everything. He's also a very honest person, and a loyal friend. He's always there to help where he can.

Not a lot of people notice this last quality, because he's also very shy. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it did lead Ross to have very few friends. His social skills in general aren't great either. With people, he can at least have a normal conversation, but he doesn't really know how to talk to pokémon, which is why it takes him a lot of time to gain the trust of his new pokémon.

Starter pokémon: Helix (Quagsire, Male) | | Water Gun; Tail Whip; Mud Bomb; Mud Shot; Slam; Yawn

Helix was the first pokémon Ross owned. Ross found him as a Wooper near a river on route 114, when he was looking for fossils. He was looking for traces of a helix fossil when he found the Wooper, which is why he called decided to call the water fish pokémon Helix. After that, the habit of naming pokémon after fossils just kinda stuck. The Wooper was injured, so Ross took him home to take care of him. Immediately after this, Helix evolved into a Quagsire. So far, Helix has been the only pokémon to like Ross the moment they met.

Second pokémon: Plume (Farfetch'd, Male) | | Brave Bird; Sand Attack; Peck; Fury Cutter; Poison Jab; Aerial Ace

Ross found Plume when he was helping his parents at the farm. They had a problem with some bird pokémon and Ross had to help driving them away. Most pokémon actually left the farm, except for one rather stubborn Farfetch'd. Ross' father didn't see any other option than catching the bird. Since he didn't know what to do with it, he decided to give the Farfetch'd to Ross, who then gave Plume his nickname.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Name: Ross Cooper
    Hometown: Fallarbor Town

Appearance: Attached Thumbnails

Interests and goals:

Ever since he was a little boy, Ross had been interested in fossils. Instead of playing outside, like most kids in Fallarbor did, he used to go to route 114 to look for fossils. His parents didn't let him go further than route 114, but curiosity sometimes led Ross (who was very obedient most of the times) to enter Meteor Falls.

Ross is now 21 and he has decided to travel to Kanto for a year, to learn as much as possible about fossils. His destination is Pewter City, but what he doesn't realize is that he can get a gym badge in that city. Together with fossils, Ross is also interested in pokémon battling, so taking on gyms is something he'd like.

Family: Ross grew up with his parents, who owned a farm a little outside of Fallardor Town. They worked very hard, 7 days a week, but they enjoyed it. They didn't really care for all the stuff Ross was interested in, they actually wanted him to play with the other kids in town, but they knew they couldn't force him.

Strengths & Weaknesses:

Ross is very smart and eager to learn. He knows a lot, about a lot of different subjects and if there's a subject he doesn't know much about, he immediately wants to know everything. He's also a very honest person, and a loyal friend. He's always there to help where he can.

Not a lot of people notice this last quality, because he's also very shy. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it did lead Ross to have very few friends. His social skills in general aren't great either. With people, he can at least have a normal conversation, but he doesn't really know how to talk to pokémon, which is why it takes him a lot of time to gain the trust of his new pokémon.

Starter pokémon: Helix (Quagsire, Male) | | Water Gun; Tail Whip; Mud Bomb; Mud Shot; Slam; Yawn

Helix was the first pokémon Ross owned. Ross found him as a Wooper near a river on route 114, when he was looking for fossils. He was looking for traces of a helix fossil when he found the Wooper, which is why he called decided to call the water fish pokémon Helix. After that, the habit of naming pokémon after fossils just kinda stuck. The Wooper was injured, so Ross took him home to take care of him. Immediately after this, Helix evolved into a Quagsire. So far, Helix has been the only pokémon to like Ross the moment they met.

Second pokémon: Plume (Farfetch'd, Male) | | Brave Bird; Sand Attack; Peck; Fury Cutter; Poison Jab; Aerial Ace

Ross found Plume when he was helping his parents at the farm. They had a problem with some bird pokémon and Ross had to help driving them away. Most pokémon actually left the farm, except for one rather stubborn Farfetch'd. Ross' father didn't see any other option than catching the bird. Since he didn't know what to do with it, he decided to give the Farfetch'd to Ross, who then gave Plume his nickname.
    Looks okay to me. Welcome to the roleplay! I'll put you up after Illuminarty in the FP of the IC thread :) Feel free to start posting whenever you like.

If you want, you could try to make him a bit more interesting by expanding on his weaknesses (since now he only has one) but the character as a whole seems to work in my eyes, so you're still accepted as you are now :3

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    Looks okay to me. Welcome to the roleplay! I'll put you up after Illuminarty of the IC thread :) Feel free to start posting whenever you like.

If you want, you could try to make him a bit more interesting by expanding on his weaknesses (since now he only has one) but the character as a whole seems to work in my eyes, so you're still accepted as you are now :3

Thank you. I'll make my first post tomorrow. As for the 'strengths and weaknesses' part, I kinda had trouble writing that already, since I didn't really want him to be a 'stereotypical nerd' (I failed).

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
  • After going through two other ideas for characters, I settled on this one. She's a good deal simpler than Anselme, but maybe that's what I need. New SU officially up for review.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    Just a quick question: Since I don't have 15 posts on this site yet, I can't post links. Does that mean I can't include images in my posts (except for the way I did in my SU) or is there another way?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ Geras, your character looks great, so I'll add her to the players list :)

Just a quick question: Since I don't have 15 posts on this site yet, I can't post links. Does that mean I can't include images in my posts (except for the way I did in my SU) or is there another way?
    Probably, yeah. Just go to another section on PokéCommunity and chitchat for a bit and you'll have 15 posts in no time at all, otherwise :) I can recommend Pokemon General and Forum Games for easy posting.

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
    Years
  • Sorry I haven't posted yet. Will do that either today or tomorrow, depending on how much time I'll have in the afternoon.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ Klippy, just so you know, the first post states that you should let me know in this thread if you're waiting on 1) a gym battle verdict, 2) a capture verdict, or 3) want to access a new area. Otherwise I might miss it!

But I'll just approve your battle already :3 Congratulations, Benny deserves the Boulder Badge!

SylveonStar

Sylveon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    Just letting you know SylveonStar and I are still around, we're just taking a little while to work on our JP.

Yeah, sorry it's taking so long to write. I've been really really sick lately. I have a very severe infection right now.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • @ Klippy, just so you know, the first post states that you should let me know in this thread if you're waiting on 1) a gym battle verdict, 2) a capture verdict, or 3) want to access a new area. Otherwise I might miss it!

But I'll just approve your battle already :3 Congratulations, Benny deserves the Boulder Badge!

I was being extra patient on purpose. ;)

But yay! Thank you!

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Since gimme went ahead, Oddball_, Gelius3 and I are working on our JP right now. Sorry. :)

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • Alright, here goes. I feel like this is way too long, but I'll leave that up to you guys. Just a disclaimer, this is my first time in an RP forum, so feel free to let me know where I need to improve/change.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Alright, here goes. I feel like this is way too long, but I'll leave that up to you guys. Just a disclaimer, this is my first time in an RP forum, so feel free to let me know where I need to improve/change.

Spoiler:

So how long do I have to wait before making my first IC post?
    When you sign up for a RP, you need the GM to accept you first. Your SU looks great, except for one thing. I don't want professor Oak to be handing out pokemon to new trainers just like that. The games don't work like that (in every game the player only gets a pokemon from the professor because of special circumstances) and the anime is silly 8) so you should get your pokemon from somewhere else or have a specific reason for getting a pokemon from the most famous pokemon researcher in the world.

Back