• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beginners Mafia 104

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
  • I've cganged my mind. Deputy should stay hidden. There's a 50% chance of hitting a mafia player regardless of who we lynch. In my eyes precisely, there's a 2/3 chance that whoever I target is mafia, so it makes logistical sense for a vote.

Beck!

Loser
    Years
    • DC
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    I don't know. I have no information. You have no information. All the information roles are long dead. We're screwed.

That's not the point of any of this.

No disrespect, but is this your first game?

I've cganged my mind. Deputy should stay hidden. There's a 50% chance of hitting a mafia player regardless of who we lynch. In my eyes precisely, there's a 2/3 chance that whoever I target is mafia, so it makes logistical sense for a vote.

What do you mean 50%? And then 67%? Can you explain this line of thought one more time?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    That's not the point of any of this.

No disrespect, but is this your first game?

It's the beginners mafia, so yeah, it is. I didn't realize people with alternate accounts and super experts would be allowed to join the beginners mafia, otherwise I wouldn't have joined.

Beck!

Loser
    Years
    • DC
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    It's the beginners mafia, so yeah, it is. I didn't realize people with alternate accounts and super experts would be allowed to join the beginners mafia, otherwise I wouldn't have joined.

This game was advertised to me as "new to PokeCommunity" and I was asked to join.

I'm sorry if I've ruffled feathers, was not my intentions.

Let's take a step back -- when you're looking for wolves/Mafia, what are you looking for? You personally. For example, you saw something about me that you felt was vote-worthy. What was it?

If you've got the time to walk trough this maybe we can begin to see eye to eye.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Let's take a step back -- when you're looking for wolves/Mafia, what are you looking for? You personally. For example, you saw something about me that you felt was vote-worthy. What was it?

If you've got the time to walk trough this maybe we can begin to see eye to eye.

You were demanding a day 1 lynch. A mafia member would love a day 1 lynch because then they get two people off the board right off the bat.

Beck!

Loser
    Years
    • DC
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    You were demanding a day 1 lynch. A mafia member would love a day 1 lynch because then they get two people off the board right off the bat.

Okay, a start.

But understand that the lynch is the only reliable means we can eliminate wolves. I do want to lynch a player, I want to specifically lynch a wolf. And of course the wolves do not want to be lynched, they want to lynch a villager.

So we're left with conflicting goals and discussion can help alleviate this. Because the wolves still have to make reads about villagers, and they have to falsify their read of their partner(s). And the truth of it all, is wolves are forced to lie, and over an extended period of time lying becomes tiring the more one is forced to do it. That's what we're looking for. We're looking for players struggling to participate due to the burden of being an outsider and being forced to lie (a Level 1 indicator of such is a low post count). Further, we can look at players struggling to keep their opinion straight with their reads.

And we also know that wolves know more than villagers do. They are an informed minority. So looking for players who slip their perspective or are unnecessarily confident in a read often leads to wolves. I won't drone on about this, but an example of such is Seth's most recent read of you, EC. He said that he can "guarantee" you're a villager. How can he guarantee anything? If you're a villager, especially in a scenario such as this, with no PRs, you feel like you know nothing.

Anyway. I'll stop there, that's a lot of information and a glimpse into what I'm looking at when I read everyone's posts. My ask of you: Look through the posts of those still alive and tell me what you see that might match the behaviour of a wolf. I'll be spending time tonight looking back -- because to be honest I've not given this game the attention it deserves and I've likey overlooked something obvious.

PankajBlitz

Taiyoh!
    Years
  • Just to clarify the depury can still shoot someone because it reads "Can kill someone a day" Basically it is not compulsory that deputy should shoot.

EC is mafia I guess. Reason - He said if I were a mafia I would have killed Beck. Later he says lynch me then.

Listen everyone we have to lynch someone today. Please confirm this.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    When you lynch me tonight and another innocent dies tomorrow, I'm going to laugh and laugh.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Current Vote Count:

Paranoia_: 3 (Seth Rollins, Beck!, PankajBlitz)
    EvilChameleon: 2 (G-Cis Harmonia Gropius, Paranoia_)
    No Lynch: 1 (EvilChameleon)
    Voteless: TheCapsFan

The phase will end in approximately 9 hours.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • I'd change my vote to paranoia but people are complaining about flipping and sheeping so I'll keep it here~

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • See that's how we should have been from the start. Everyone agreeing on something, no chaos or anything.

Abby if you do think drewbie is mafia, why not vote for him? Don't be afraid to share your opinions with everyone. If you think I am suspicious, say it.

Also guys if we mislynch, make sure the deputy outs tomorrow. I repeat, not today, but tomorrow!

Beck!

Loser
    Years
    • DC
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    By my count we have eight players left, six of which are villagers, two of which are wolves.

Assuming we run bad and mislynch today and I die in the night, the game will be 4v2 tomorrow, which means it will be MYLO (Mislynch and Lose). This means that, were you all to mislynch again, the wolves would then NK in the night, making it 2v2 the following day, giving them parity, and the win.

So we would still have a chance tomorrow, but it would be close.

Now, should the Deputy not die tonight, they would be one cleared player, making tomorrow technically 3(1)v2, giving you a 40% chance of lynching correctly. And these odds increase as the wolves NEVER want to bus unless they have no other option, as they would win were they to secure a ML. This will help with team solving.

Back