• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beginner's Mafia - Game Over~

Utopian

"Looks like the party is over"
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    Partially I think Apart is just holding up an act so that we think he/she would be innocent while being part of the mafia, but then again he/she could as well be a villager.
    Macho is also a tough one, because he didn't vote for Giggleswee, granted back then we didn't know if the sheriff was speaking the truth, maybe i'm just reading to much into this..
    I haven't heard TheSignWriter that often either, but if i'm going by that logic then I would be suspicious too.

Right now I can only see Apart as potential mafia member.

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
    Years
    Partially I think Apart is just holding up an act so that we think he/she would be innocent while being part of the mafia, but then again he/she could as well be a villager.
    Macho is also a tough one, because he didn't vote for Giggleswee, granted back then we didn't know if the sheriff was speaking the truth, maybe i'm just reading to much into this..
    I haven't heard TheSignWriter that often either, but if i'm going by that logic then I would be suspicious too.

Right now I can only see Apart as potential mafia member.

I did forget that Macho also didnt vote for GigglesWee! OH dear lord, it couldnt be. Macho, bae, what is going on?
    Well apart I dont know, its kinda 50/50 for me. He could be faking it, but he isnt talking different here than on the rest on the forum.

kendypls

Currently playing: Expert Emerald (Casual)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 10, 2020
    Okay Okay, So I'm finally caught up, sorry for the delay ladies and gents.
    I haven't really had the time to read through and I've been waiting 'till I understand exactly what's going on before I posted my piece.

Because I haven't posted at all yet, just wanted to say "Hi! :D" to everyone, and I'm looking forward to playing with you all :)

So first of all when I was reading, omega was very blunt and had no reasoning for his behaviour, he was obviously going to be lynched, accusing randoms without backing it up is definitely how we get ourselves killed! (please remember I've only just read every post, but this was cray cray)

Secondly, I'm not sure if apart is just genuinely shy, and new to mafia, but it's too innocent for me not to believe, I guess it's just in my nature, so even though they have voted for randoms, I'm going to have to agree with the fact that, there are NEW players here, I know in my first (and only) other game I had a seriously hard time telling any lies, because it's not what I'm used to IRL.

I know that Jappo explained his reasoning for suspecting macho, but apart from not voting for anyone, all the reads I've had have been town for him, and I'm having a hard time thinking that this one slight disagreement in voting tactics is cause to lynch, but I have just got here so could be wrong about this.

Can we get some more reads from people, who's suspicious to everyone? We seem to be accusing the talkers here and that's unusual from what I've seen in maf games prior to this?

I'm getting pure town reads from Jappo, absolutely nothing is making me think otherwise, and unlike macho, I think voting would be a good idea, but, like Lize I'd love to see some more posts before making up my mind, that's for sure.

Hope I haven't missed anything crucial!

jappo

Years
    Okay Okay, So I'm finally caught up, sorry for the delay ladies and gents.
    I haven't really had the time to read through and I've been waiting 'till I understand exactly what's going on before I posted my piece.

Because I haven't posted at all yet, just wanted to say "Hi! :D" to everyone, and I'm looking forward to playing with you all :)

So first of all when I was reading, omega was very blunt and had no reasoning for his behaviour, he was obviously going to be lynched, accusing randoms without backing it up is definitely how we get ourselves killed! (please remember I've only just read every post, but this was cray cray)

Secondly, I'm not sure if apart is just genuinely shy, and new to mafia, but it's too innocent for me not to believe, I guess it's just in my nature, so even though they have voted for randoms, I'm going to have to agree with the fact that, there are NEW players here, I know in my first (and only) other game I had a seriously hard time telling any lies, because it's not what I'm used to IRL.

I know that Jappo explained his reasoning for suspecting macho, but apart from not voting for anyone, all the reads I've had have been town for him, and I'm having a hard time thinking that this one slight disagreement in voting tactics is cause to lynch, but I have just got here so could be wrong about this.

Can we get some more reads from people, who's suspicious to everyone? We seem to be accusing the talkers here and that's unusual from what I've seen in maf games prior to this?

I'm getting pure town reads from Jappo, absolutely nothing is making me think otherwise, and unlike macho, I think voting would be a good idea, but, like Lize I'd love to see some more posts before making up my mind, that's for sure.

Hope I haven't missed anything crucial!

Thank you for joining us in this little town Kendy! As you can see, of the 8 people still in the game, around 3 a 4 of us are actively involved. I guess one of of the people not talking is the Vigilante, cause that is what I would do If I were that role. Maffia could be either.
    Thanks for your feedback on my accusation. I truly hope people will start talking a bit more, cause im not 100% sure I want to vote on Macho, but he is the only one with negative points on my radar for now (apart being 50/50 good/evil).

I do agree normally you kinda vote on people who are not active, but voting on people who are not talking will bring some troubles (read my earlier comment about VIG)
    I hope either Macho or some other people start talking.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    -----------------------

While I aggree on you on your reasoning on Apart, I dont quite aggree on the part about not voting. Considering your town as well, The only power we have that can make a difference is by voting. I do aggree that some solid reasoning needs to be behind this, but how people behave is always a reason you can use. Even if someone is new.

While we could minimize the deaths today to one, It will be a guaranteed town death. honestly a bit weird reasoning, like we give up on our chance to kill maffia, and let them just kill one of us. What kind of weird reasoning is that??????
    Macho until this post I was sure you werent bad, Why are you making me confused? Why would a town give up on its only chance to kill Maffia
    Uh...Jappo? I was saying we should do the opposite. We NEED to vote because not doing so puts the Town at even greater risk the following day, and, in the case of minimal kills, we make no progress.

jappo

Years
    I can't say that not voting is a particularly solid option, however. If day 3 was any indication, the vigilante has the potential to be as much of a detriment to us as the mafia. I'm going to assume that they realized that randomly voting for people wasn't the best choice, and that's why only one person died today- though I do find it fairly odd that they only did it on night 2 and didn't go for it the night before, considering killer really didn't do or say anything incriminating other than...ask a question. Point is, max, 2 people will die tonight. Assuming we kill somebody today, that's 3 over the course of an in-game 24 hours.

Uh...Jappo? I was saying we should do the opposite. We NEED to vote because not doing so puts the Town at even greater risk the following day, and, in the case of minimal kills, we make no progress.

Alright then, please rephrase this sentence then. The more I look at it, the more it confuses me. I am reading this as a "remember guys, if we vote, and vig kills someone, that will be 3 deaths, brrrrr"
    Please elaborate.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Ah, home. Hello keyboard, my old friend~

Time for some text walls :q

Alright then, please rephrase this sentence then. The more I look at it, the more it confuses me. I am reading this as a "remember guys, if we vote, and vig kills someone, that will be 3 deaths, brrrrr"
    Please elaborate.
    Damn straight that's what I said. I do find it a bit curious that what you quoted were the metrics.
    Point is, max, 2 people will die tonight. Assuming we kill somebody today, that's 3 over the course of an in-game 24 hours.
    And yeah, simply put, voting gives us the advantage of thinner numbers and potential mafia kills at the risk of losing a fair bit of out town and possibly the vigilante as well. The last part's worth taking into consideration, as he/she can do wonders for the endgame- but considering there are only two mafia left, in a scenario where we do happen to kill one and then there are 3 people left at the end, with or without the vigilante, we win. So that's pretty much the give and take of voting. Well, that and the "semi-ideal", though I suppose that wording there is slightly confusing (hence why I elaborated):
    Certainly not if we vote someone today, the risk of the max toll being reached in that scenario is pretty high. But it is worth keeping in mind, as taking this into account, we could minimize the deaths today to either 1 (with the death of the vigilante only, at night) or 2 (with the death of 2 non-vigilantes, hopefully a mafia member being among them). The former scenario is semi-ideal (only in that there'd be minimal deaths- losing the vigilante could potentially be quite the hit to the town's speed and the endgame, plus no progress'd be made- so not exactly great), the latter has a hire chance of flubbing but is possible and would hopefully cripple the mafia, putting them in dire straits.
    So I don't think there's any particular room for doubt. Largely because I started that bit with "I can't say that not voting is a particularly solid option, however." Honestly, despite having been written at 3ish in the morning, I think my point was pretty clear.

...But your sudden aggression certainly does take me by surprise, especially in comparison to the other days. Moreso with your supposed hesitation to vote for me. I'm not going to vote for you. Not yet, but you're paradigm shift certainly raised an eyebrow when I opened my notifications during my break. And you've been pretty aggressively trying to paint me as mafia since, quite opposite your pleasantries in the past or even how previous victims were treated.

I'll stay my vote for now, though. Hear what others have to say.

jappo

Years
    Ah, home. Hello keyboard, my old friend~

Time for some text walls :q

Damn straight that's what I said. I do find it a bit curious that what you quoted were the metrics.

And yeah, simply put, voting gives us the advantage of thinner numbers and potential mafia kills at the risk of losing a fair bit of out town and possibly the vigilante as well. The last part's worth taking into consideration, as he/she can do wonders for the endgame- but considering there are only two mafia left, in a scenario where we do happen to kill one and then there are 3 people left at the end, with or without the vigilante, we win. So that's pretty much the give and take of voting. Well, that and the "semi-ideal", though I suppose that wording there is slightly confusing (hence why I elaborated):

So I don't think there's any particular room for doubt. Largely because I started that bit with "I can't say that not voting is a particularly solid option, however." Honestly, despite having been written at 3ish in the morning, I think my point was pretty clear.

...But your sudden aggression certainly does take me by surprise, especially in comparison to the other days. Moreso with your supposed hesitation to vote for me. I'm not going to vote for you. Not yet, but you're paradigm shift certainly raised an eyebrow when I opened my notifications during my break. And you've been pretty aggressively trying to paint me as mafia since, quite opposite your pleasantries in the past or even how previous victims were treated.

I'll stay my vote for now, though. Hear what others have to say.

Thats alright, like I said before, I am also open for feedback/suspicion myself as well. Too be honest, I stil goes a quite bit over my head, and no matter how many times I read it, I still see a 50/50 opinion for Vote someone/ Vote No one.

The reason for the different aproach towards you than to other people was similar to what you said about me. I was honestly 100% convinced you were one of the good guys, so seeing that post kinda took me off guard.
    Hence the " Macho, bae, what is going on?" part on my third post this day.

Im kinda unsure what to do next. I gues to let people talk who havent talked that much in the game.
    People like:
    - Rainbow
    - Signwriter
    - Apart
    - Utopian ( even thought he did shared some suspicions already)

Since we (Lize, macho, Jappo, Kendy) have said quite a bit this day, I think its better to have them say something.

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    Well, the clock is ticking. If I'm correct the day is almost over already. I think we don't have time at all to wait for them to say their words. I think we should put it to a vote already? I'd say we'd vote someone of the mutes.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    we'll give you an extra day to continue your discussions :) seems a shame to cut you short.

apart

A bitter-sweet kiss
    Years
    ..I'm sorry for saying so little.
    Please understand that, I'm not really sure how to play this game properly...
    But, um.. I will try to take this a bit more seriously so that I don't make anyone upset.
    & umm I'll try talking more.

Lize

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    Ahh.. This extra time feels a bit wasted.. I still can't make up my mind on who to suspect, and as long as I don't have a single name to go for..

[VOTE] No-one.

Utopian

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    Me neither, I was going to vote for Apart but I can't just go for a 50/50 case, so for now [VOTE] No-one

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    Hi, sorry. I've been really busy, haven't had the time to reply.

I suspected apart, and to some extent I still do, but I don't think we have enough information for a lynch, especially since they claimed it was just because they didn't know who else to vote for. [Vote] No one.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
    Another Pacisfist Teaparty
    Night 4
    24 Hours
    No-one was killed

VS.

THE GRAVEYARD
    Hover for usernames and rolenames.

DURING THE NIGHT
    Send in your night actions and don't talk in the thread​

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Nearing the End
    Day 5
    24 Hours

Jappo got Jabbed
    apart left this world

VS.

THE GRAVEYARD
    Hover for usernames and rolenames.

DURING THE DAY
    With four town remaining against the two mafia we are now in a MyLo (Mis-Lynch and Lose) scenario. The mafia win once they are 50%+ of the remaining players.

For the Village to have any chance of victory a village cannot be lynched today.​

Lize

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    Well.. I do believe I have an idea of who the vigilante is. Nice kill, by the way... Just kidding, but it was still a high risk and you should've been aware.

With my suspicion of who the vigilante is, and pretty much feeling assured that macho is town, I'd say my odds are at least like.. 2/3 to vote for a mafia. So, since we're in this MyLo situation, I'm going to go for it.

[VOTE] Utopian

Utopian

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    Well i'm glad to see I didn't vote for apart after all.. but still we lost two villagers.

Well.. I do believe I have an idea of who the vigilante is. Nice kill, by the way... Just kidding, but it was still a high risk and you should've been aware.

With my suspicion of who the vigilante is, and pretty much feeling assured that macho is town, I'd say my odds are at least like.. 2/3 to vote for a mafia. So, since we're in this MyLo situation, I'm going to go for it.

[VOTE] Utopian

Are you sure about that? We wouldn't want to make it three villagers in a row, right?
    So trusting the sherriff's old word, I can rule Lize out and since she is assured macho is also town im going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

My vote will be for Rainbow, so [VOTE] Rainbow

Lize

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    Are you sure about that? We wouldn't want to make it three villagers in a row, right?

Yeah, I feel pretty much sure about it. You just also gave me more suspicion too.

Back