• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Behind The (Potential) Names

How are you going to decide your player/rival name(s)?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2009
    I'll go male, Steven for Silver (my name), and Gold will be named after my female dog, Baby, as always.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I would be

Name : Pokedra / Gold

I'll decide when I have it in front of me XD

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Given that this thread was around before, and is within a month of not-being-posted in, merged the new 'what will you name your character' thread with it. No need for two. And this one comes with a poll as well, I suppose! Kinda allows for a bit more discussion besides the 'what will you choose' as well... and blah blah blah.

In past games I typically use stuff like 'Winna!' and 'Hungry'. (Don't ask... or maybe, do). IDK if I'll continue with that though. The Rival will remain as 'Silver' though.

Last edited:

Sesh

Subjectively Objective
    Years
  • I always pick rivals that have clashed in other games or just some rival characters that i've invented

Gold->Zontain/Sesheenku/Leon(squall ff8)
    Silver->Shard/Gard/Seifer

You've piqued my curiosity BobandBill, tell me why would you use Winna or Hungry? o.o

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • Player(Male): Boney
    Rival: Dr.Evil, or Porky if I decide to go with a Mother 3 theme but I'll most likely go with Dr.Evil because it's funnier. :P

The off chance that I decide to play as the female character I would probably name her Kumatora, or if that doesn't fit then just Kuma.

Sadistic Typhlosion

Mom, I'm not a stalkeerrrr-uh!
    Years
  • Meh.

Gold- I think I'll go with the spur of the moment, but right now, I'm thinking Garvor. (GARVOR was the name I used on my very first video game, Pokémon or otherwise: Pokémon Sapphire.... /nostalgia)

Silver- Maybe Tyler, after a frenemy of mine, or possibly Skylar, after... another frenemy of mine. XDDD (Skylar's personality suits Silver's more, so probably Skylar.)

Soul- I highly doubt being able to name her, and I think the guy who started this thread is speculating, but if that were possible, I'd go with Symone or Lina. (Both inside references.)

Meh again.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Im going to name them Player Sora and Rival Riku and i can name the girl i would name her Kari KH FTW

and if i chose th play as a girl i name my self Kair and the guy sora

kiv_umar

Musician
    Years
  • i've done it from the very first Pokémon game i've played and it has stuck as tradition to this day (for some reason) i'll play as the dude character in the game and call him "Max"
    and i'll probably call the rival "Silver" if i can't think of anything at the time.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I am not going to change rival's name and let him be silver as I can't think of any name at the moment that can fit his style. I am going to play as male and I think that I will name him as Zero as I love Zero from megaman zero games!

Lance

Boy : Edward/Gold
    Girl : -
    Rival : Zero/Silver

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    HeartGold
    Name: Kohana (or just Hana, still undecided)
    Rival: Silver, or Zero because that is a sexy name.

SoulSilver (ROM only; I'm buying HG when it comes out in America)
    Name: Soul (not because of the version, but after Soul from Soul Eater :D)
    Rival: Silver, definitely.

soramararu

Warrior of the Sky
    Years
  • Here is what I named mine in the past
    Gold : Devin
    Silver : Nathan
    I never kept with the same names even if it is the same character in gold and silver.

Lyra.

Usagi Small Lady Serenity
    Years
  • Hero (Girl) for HeartGold: Phoenix
    Hero (Girl) for SoulSilver: Leaf
    Rival for HeartGold or SoulSilver: Kamon(HG) or Silver(SS)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    This is gonna be hard for both the player and the rival

In my old Silver, I named myself Max and my Rival Gary

In Crystal, I chose the girl and named myself Kris and my Rival, I think Gary as well

in my Crystal ROM, I chose the girl once again and named myself Kris and this time i name my Rival Paul ( since he looks just like him)

But in SS, I dunno what I'm gonna name either of them

Maybe Kamon for my character, but I dunno

Maybe Hiro for the player, the Rival I have NO idea

I guess I'm just gonna have to rely on Gamefreak this time

Last edited:
    Back