• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Behind The (Potential) Names

How are you going to decide your player/rival name(s)?

• Total voters

TheNerdyPotato

Feraligatr is actually a Croc!
Years
  • I will name the Player Aaron, because my name is awesome!
    and I will name the once cool but now gay looking rival ??? just like in Silver.

MadnugA01x

Random Trainer from Johto
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    If I were to name the characters (except "Soul") for nostalgic purposes, I will name...
    Gold: Gold, Silver, Heart(nah), my name(for JP versions only), or one of my usernames(for ENG versions only)
    Silver: Gold, Silver, Kamon, any of my real life rivals' name(for ENG versions only) , or just plain "???" FTW xD
    Soul: Mario (for the lulz) or just Soul, I think it's already a great name enough.

Yeah, I'm pretty picky about what I name my characters in my games depending on region... I'll be sure to update my list of names though

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Red spy = best name.
    well i give them name by the personality, like i gave the D/P/Pt rival "Thud".. i think i will call the rival in HG/SS (dunno what i get.. i want kyogre but i want lugia too..) Crow.. but that would resemble my giratina nickname (Chaos Crow, and i hate replying names..)

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I might do what I did when I first played Silver, and name the rival ??? when officer Jenny asks his name. And I'll name Gold my name, and I'm sure that if I don't choose the girl character as my character and she is still in the game, then she will get a default name.

Back