• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beleive in "You are the 1,000,000th visitor" ads?

.:God:.

Hiding in the silence...
    Years
    Do you? Cause if u do, your just very very stupid. Because I can prove it. Look at this picture...

Beleive in "You are the 1,000,000th visitor" ads?

Hahaha! Beleive it now?

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Well yeah, those have always just been ploys to make you click on their ads....the most annoying one's are the "CONGRATULATIONS, YOU'VE WON A FREE IPOD NANO" ones that talk...but some of those ads actually work. I know someone who's done one of them before and actually got an Ipod :x After he did 5000 surveys....

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Well yeah, those have always just been ploys to make you click on their ads....the most annoying one's are the "CONGRATULATIONS, YOU'VE WON A FREE IPOD NANO" ones that talk...but some of those ads actually work. I know someone who's done one of them before and actually got an Ipod :x After he did 5000 surveys....

Tell me about it, and I always seem to get those when I'm playing music loudly. And it always seems to come at the best part of the song too! anyway, back on topic, I heard when you click on those adds, hundreds of virus get transferred to your computer.

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    These ads do annoy me so. Thats why I installed adblock plus so I don't have to see the uglyness anymore.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years

Lol Yeah but is it really worth the billion of surveys and viruses when it comes down to it? She prolly spent the ipod's amount in cash to the comp store for fixing her f-ed up computer after it had that good ol' near-death experience from all he viruses it recieved. :D

XD rofl I'm just kidding. Though I would never trust any of those cheap online adds that have the word "free" anywhere in it. -.-;;

-Neko

popsicles.

F A S C I N A T I O N .
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    No, I never click those things. Mostly of the time they just open tons of new screens,
    which make my computer go insane. Or they'll give you a virus D:

fy@x5

~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'm pretty sure it's impossible for my computer to get a virus even if I do click on them...
    Dial-up's too slow for that. D:

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    I've never gotten a virus from clicking them o_o;
    I have gotten those stupid fullscreen popups that you can't directly exit out of...

Years
    Those things are ridiculous. :/ & now those ad's have gone more annoyingly advances because they talk. Whoever falls for that stuff should be slapped in the face with an I-pod nano XD It's like those weird e-mails from zimbabwe that a millionare has/is died & they need your bank account # to transfer the $ over

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    Of course not. XD; But I agree, the talking ads are the most annoying x_x
    Scares the crap out of everyone in our apartment 'cause I always have my comp on loudest volume xD

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    OH MMM GEE! ;O;

You mean to tell me I haven't been the 1,000,000,000,000 viewer to every site I go to? D: Way to completely spoil my luck! ): Boo. [/sarcasm]

Due to my mouse having the touch double click, I might click them by accident and get those... "You're computer is infected with 1708+ viruses, recommended that you continue this to remove them" crap. >_> I got one virus and crashed my computer, thus I hate ads overall. The ones with noises and beeps are just insane. Sometimes I think my phone is ringing. XD And flashing ads are horror. D: But yeah, I don't really find the 1,000,000 ads annoying, unless they flash. x_o

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015

Oh, yes I cannot stand that ad, it was just one some website I was on a few minutes ago.
    No, I dont beleive in those stupid ads, they are never real just there to annoy the crap out of you, but sometimes I play the ads that have the little minigames on it :3.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    Wh-wh-wh-WHAT? You're saying... I'm not the only one millionth visitor? There are others!? All of my... good luck... HAS IT BEEN A LIE!? ;.; Oh dear god. No... no, I have to be the only one. I can only be the only one. IT HAS TO BE ME.

ONLY I CAN BE THE ONE MILLIONTH VISITOR!

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I'm sorry, fate, but they specificly said that I have been THE one millionth visitor.

EVAR.

I wish I could change it, but hey. They even promised me the choice of a free Xbox 360, PS3, or a Wii. All I gotta do for being so lucky is do >9000 surveys.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Originally posted by an advertisement on a website Oni Raichu was on a couple of years ago:

Click here to receive a free Playstation 3!

Oni Raichu clicked and has regretted his decision ever since, because when he clicked on the advertisement his computer got a big, bad virus that made his computer crash.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I've never gotten a virus on my computer before, maybe I'm just lucky. >_>

The most annoying adds are those smiley adds or whatever they're called, you know, the ones that scream "Hello!" And you can't turn off the sound so I'm constantly refreshing the page.

Back