• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best and Worst Pokemon Ever

Harwinder

Pokemon Breeder - EV Trainer
    Years
    What in YOUR opinion is the best and the worst Pokemon to ever be created?

Best:
    Salamence
    I love dragons and it looks super cool, oh and by the way it is super strong.

Worst:
    Dunsparce - This Pokemon is completely useless, it looks ugly, and is weak.

Oh and to you people who ARE going to say Magikarp, please don't.
    It is a ""WEAK"" Pokemon that with a little time becomes a very ""STRONG"" and powerful, and useful Pokemon. All you have to do is wait until level 20.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    To be fair, Dunsparce is a pretty good Serene Grace abuser- or he would be, if not for his stats.

Anyway:
    Favs-
    Porygon: Any Pokemon that can put over 600 Japanese children in a hospital is awesome.
    Mudkip: I liek mudkips.

Unfavs:
    Salamence: Way too fricking overused. I prefer Dragonite.
    Garchomp: See above
    Weavile: Extremely annoying unless you have a Poke with Mach Punch or Bullet Punch. Also, it's ugly. Also, see above.

From a battle standpoint:

Favs-
    Porygon-Z: STAB+Adaptability Tri-Attack= pwnage. Don't forget Boltbeaming and Dark Pulse/ Nasty Plot, either.
    Dragonite: DD+Outrage. 'Nuff said.

Unfavs-
    The entire NU tier: This needs no explanation.
    Spinda: Neither does this.

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    Porygon: Any Pokemon that can put over 600 Japanese children in a hospital is awesome.
    lol

My favorite Garchomp. My evd one has always made great progress with it's speed, and attack.

Unown are just basically worthless.

Harwinder

Years
    OK i agree with you on the salamence being over used, but it is still awesome in battles and it looks cool.
    Also I use BOTH dragonite and salamence.

And what do you mean dunsparce is a good serene grace abuser, and i mean that literally.
    Really what does that mean?

Rainfall

~Solitude
    Years
    Best: Umbreon, because I just love it tons and twilight Pokemon are awesome

Worst: Grimar and Muk. Ugly sludge creatures. >_>

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    OK i agree with you on the salamence being over used, but it is still awesome in battles and it looks cool.

I listed Salamence because I actually hate how he looks. Then again, I hate most 3rd gen Pokemon.

And what do you mean dunsparce is a good serene grace abuser, and i mean that literally.
    Really what does that mean?

Serene Grace: The chances of a move having an effect doubles.

For example, Headbutt has a 30% flinch rate. With Serene Grace, the percentage doubles to 60%. With a good Thunder Wave, Dunsparce can outrun many Pokemon, allowing him to flinch them easily. And Serene Grace works with any move, not just flinching. It doubles AncientPower's stat raise percentage, Thunder's paralyzation rate, and Ice Beam's freeze rate. The best part is that Dunsparce has a large enough movepool to take advantage of this. His stats just suck, which is why he hangs around at UU.

Here's hoping to an evolution come 5th gen...

Harwinder

Years
    lol I hear that the the next RPG Pokemon game is a JHOTO REMAKE.
    That will be awesome I can;t wait until it comes out.
    More info:
    I have read on several different forums (Main on being serebii forums) that it has been confirmed since 1 month after diamond and pearl came out in Japan that a Jhoto remake was going to be coming out in the future.

How do they know this:
    Well it has something to do with the Games coding or something like that, some people found some thing (codes i;m guessing) for jhoto Pokemon or some such.

^^I read about that a LONG time ago, but I was so happy to read that, that I never forgot it. lol

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    lol I hear that the the next RPG Pokemon game is a JHOTO REMAKE.
    That will be awesome I can;t wait until it comes out.
    More info:
    I have read on several different forums (Main on being serebii forums) that it has been confirmed since 1 month after diamond and pearl came out in Japan that a Jhoto remake was going to be coming out in the future.

How do they know this:
    Well it has something to do with the Games coding or something like that, some people found some thing (codes i;m guessing) for jhoto Pokemon or some such.

^^I read about that a LONG time ago, but I was so happy to read that, that I never forgot it. lol

And what does this have to do with the topic? Congratulations, you just spammed in your OWN topic, rofl. Also, the game coding is because of PokeSAV, theres option that makes the pokemon info say that it was caught in Johto, but that does not prove anything, custom wonder cards could be made with cheating, why not custom catch locations to make people wonder? Plus, you could already obtain all 493 Pokemon on D/P, so theres really no point to make a game featuring Johto Pokemon because it wouldn't be right for trading. FR/LG remakes were so R/S/E players could fill in the first 151 of their Pokedex. But since could already obtain 151-251 without a Cheating Device or anything in D/P, there wouldn't be a point.

Anyways, going back on topic.

Best: Spiritomb
    I dunno, it's just awesome...

Worst: Bidoof
    It's too common, and it's a beaver.. what the hell was Gamefreak thinking when they made this?

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2007
    if u want a trainer card go to my thread plz i need some buissnes

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    if u want a trainer card go to my thread plz i need some buissnes

Yea um first of all, your trainer card is horrible, the Shaymin and Gliscor is not transparent, and the letters D-A-N aren't even in a straight line, plus, you used the pokecharms TC generator as the base, you fail.

Harwinder

Years
    ok sorry about my off topic.
    And why are you posting your trainer cards here, we don't need them, even if we did there is a site (pokecharms.com I believe) that makes them better. <<--off topic

On Topic:
    Actually it's not that hard to get spirtomb. I got one on level one for a charmander i think, from the GTS. And besides that, IT IS AWESOME as well. (Besides the fact that it is a ghost that looks like ball sitting on a fortune tellers ball holding thingy

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Actually it's not that hard to get spirtomb. I got one on level one for a charmander i think, from the GTS. And besides that, IT IS AWESOME as well. (Besides the fact that it is a ghost that looks like ball sitting on a fortune tellers ball holding thingy

I meant to get one without trading. I spent an hour with my friend going in and outside of our Secret Bases to get one. But it was totally worth it.

Harwinder

Years
    lol, do people REALLY make secret bases, I see no use in making one. No offense.
    Also what do you have to press to soft reset in D/P?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    lol, do people REALLY make secret bases, I see no use in making one. No offense.
    Also what do you have to press to soft reset in D/P?

L+R+SELECT+START

Anyway, I forgot to put that I love Slowbro. I just love its stupid face. :D

I hate Slowking, though. It's intelligent.

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    Worst: Bidoof
    It's too common, and it's a beaver.. what the hell was Gamefreak thinking when they made this?

They were thinking: "We had Rattata in first gen, Sentret in second gen, Zigzagoon in third, what will we do for this one?"

Best: Electivire. Electabuzz was lingering in uselessness until 4th gen.
    Worst: uhhhhhhhh Rattata.
    Of course, for every above average pokémon there is one below average.

Monzae

Poison Technician
    Years
    Weavile: Extremely annoying unless you have a Poke with Mach Punch or Bullet Punch. Also, it's ugly. Also, see above.

:O!
    Blasphemy!

Favs: Slowbro
    Weavile
    Cacturne

Least Favs:
    Any metal Pokemon
    Bidoof
    Luvdisk
    Rotom
    (Basically any poorly designed pokemon.)

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    This is in the DP part of forums so I'm guessing this is for 4th gen only...?

Best - Weavile
    Worst - Magmorter.. ftw man

Kayke™

Banned
    Years
    Focus Sash Ratatta is insanely cheap sometimes with endeavor + quick attack, but it isn't really "bad".

Bidoof is obviously the best Pokemon ever. I have a "special sweeping" Bidoof for Pokemon Battle Revolution...(The "Little" Cup. -.-)

It knows...
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball
    Grass Knot

Ooh, scary, aint it?!

All kidding aside, Garchomp, Weavile, and Heracross are too good.

And...Ninjask is evil. Suck my Ice Shard!

Back