• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Best Classic Game??

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
Years
  • pokemon yellow, as it was the first i played and also because you could get all starter pokemon that was in blue + red.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Yellow, first Pokemon, and first Gameboy, game I ever got, had it for almost 10 years.... Was so great to see my friends so jealous, they had Blue and Red.... Yeah! Though Crystal is my favorite overall.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Crystal, that game was massive and just plain cool, first pokemon animations too.

Years
  • My favorite game of the first generation is Yellow because it had the best graphics of the generation and it followed the TV Series closely.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Just another thread asking the same thing.

Ah well.

I quite like Blue and Silver. Red and Gold, I don't like because the names weren't cool to me at that time. Yellow and Crystal, I thought was over rated...

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
    Years
  • So this is just for retro Pokemon games right? You should of made it in a general games forum. I guess I'd say Crystal and Yellow. The exclusive versions. ;D

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2008
    I totally loved Blue when it came out.
    But when Silver came out, it really perfected the Pokémon-genre. I think it's still one of the best game ever released.

neonlights

Über Crystal Maniac
    Years
  • Blue!
    Thats the original one for me.

I love Crystal too though.
    Im currently playing on that one :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    My favorite classic of all time is Gold. I got it when I was five and never put it down until the day it corrupted. I still play Crystal and Silver in its honor :).

Stardust

Seasons in the Sun.
    Years
  • Gold was very original in my opinion.

Super Mario on Nintendo (the first one ever, which I own), was sooo fun. The music is too cute.

Oh great, now I feel like going to dig up my Nintendo and start playing.

lostprophetsown

chatot,lucario and lance lover
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    yellow lol... about 2 or 3 weeks ago i was playing pokemon yellow it was the best so basic and yet so enjoyable.... apart fromt he sprites going loco and just running awaw forever and stand on the doors...

Back