• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Best Classic Game??

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
Years
  • Mine was definitely Blue, and then Yellow, and Silver.

Best non-pokemon game of the Gameboy generation: Solar Striker. Followed by Double Dragon and Castlevania.But i assume this is just the best classic pokemon game thread.

Lolz turtle

I did it for the lulz
    Years
  • red and silver. good times with red misty used to wipe the floor all over with me because i only used a pidgeotto and a a charmeleon, actually got to lvl 40 battling oddish and abras to no end, i was such a newbie.

but then again, it was fun and charizard kiled her starmie ^^

Hotaru

Nostalgia Strikes Again
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2011
    This is a tough choice. D: But I'm going to go with Red, since it was my first Pokemon game. Yellow and Silver have special places in my heart too, for nostalgia's sake. :]

I got Silver the day it came out, it was awesome
    Aw, I did too. :D I remember how excited I was.

starmii3

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
  • My first was yellow! I still sometimes play it today. It would be nice if it had all the pokemon that it didnt back then!

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    the first game I ever played was a rent-GBC and Pokemon Yellow. It was amazingly addicting... this was around 1999.

then I got Red. But I'll have to say Red & Blue are the best out of the original batch. They're the originals. They also don't feel as "kiddish" as Yellow... but in general, Yellow IS a better version (color for GBC, better graphics, harder)

I actually disliked the fact that the game followed the TV series closely... for one thing... the games are the originals. Having that same game modified to fit something that was based off of THE GAME cheapens it severely.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2013
    Mine is also Crystal, but it wasn't my 1st game.

(I'm playing it right now in between watching Ratatouille on my computer. (Which is a surprisingly good movie!))

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Red,yellow, and sliver was the best for me and I play red sometimes since it was first one I got.

Kuri

Lord Mcfatty
    Years
  • Silver was the first pokemon game I ever owned and I spent 250+ hours on that thing.

I never owned the 1st generation games because my mom wouldn't buy me one. hahaha but I think that even if I did, silver would still be my top choice.

Ashay

Faaaaaarfetch'd!
    Years
  • I grew up with Red, but my brother had yellow. When he lost interest in it I tried it and it was a bit more fun than Red. Mostly because of Pikachu :D

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • My favorite classic pokemon game is Crystal since I got it before Gold and Silver. I liked the main character design more in Crystal then in Gold/Silver. It made him look less like a bully.

Anyway my first pokemon game was Red. However I hardly play it now

Ember

Different Sequences
    Years
  • yellow,cyrstal =) I love the pikachu walk at my back =) I wish I can walk with charizard in Diamond and pearl =)

Back