• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: best coast california

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I don't really have much to text. I used to talk to my friend over text because Facebook was cumbersome, but after I lost service that kind of stopped altogether, especially after her completely blowing off half of my texts. Now that's she's off of FB I really have nothing better to do than manage editors for our ROTC battalion's Facebook page.

Pretty much the only things that matter to me right now are PC and ROTC. Everything else is stuck in a void of chaos, of which some issues have been arising as of late (think: nightmares and anxiety attacks).

Shhmew

Years
    I don't have unlimited texts so I really try to keep it to when I have to get in touch with family. I find it a LOT more tedious than typing anyway, so when I want to get in touch with a friend I will use skype (unless I'm not home, then I might text).

I'm on facebook but I don't really use it, I only browse through when I'm pretty bored. The arguments on there can be pretty hilarious to watch though hehe.

Years
    I don't have unlimited texts so I really try to keep it to when I have to get in touch with family. I find it a LOT more tedious than typing anyway, so when I want to get in touch with a friend I will use skype (unless I'm not home, then I might text).

I'm on facebook but I don't really use it, I only browse through when I'm pretty bored. The arguments on there can be pretty hilarious to watch though hehe.

What's tedious about texting is when auto-correct is turned on. I type much faster and more efficiently without it >>;; And I'm the same with Facebook, but most of the time I'm using it to communicate with Dipu :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I rarely text people, unless there's no other option. Personally, I prefer IMing over anything. :P I used to have Facebook, but deleted it years ago. Didn't exactly need it, since those who I kept in contact over there were already reachable via Skype, AIM, MSN, etc.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    AIM, maybe. Can't be completely sure, though; it's been a while since I last used it. As for MSN, I have absolutely no idea at all.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    It's been forever since I used AIM. I only talk to like.. one person on AIM only, and I have my ex boyfriend blocked on there. I use skype and skype only...pretty much. haha.

TARDIS

wherever, whenever
    Years
    I use facebook's messenger app, and regular texts, and... Yeah, that's pretty much it 8) Occasionally I log into Skype, but that's way too seldom as I don't communicate with "real life" people there, only online ones. Which I meet daily on PC anyways.

/alt account

Years
    I avoid Facebook like the plague...My aunts and mom flood the timeline with the most useless junk.

I'm on your side too, my mother is so addicted to Facebook she is actually the main cause behind me having those "inactive for a day" moments when my computer is getting fixed or replaced, and sadly I am without a computer right now because well... it died.

Sharing a computer with a greedy Facebook addict is no fun I gotta say, it means I can't be at my usual activity.

TARDIS

wherever, whenever
    Years
    Yeah, my mother is a facebook addict too. What is there even to do there anymore, except for chatting it up with your mates? Are there still game apps for facebook or?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    FarmVille still exists, so yes...game apps still exist. xD

I just check on how my family and close friends are doing. haha, and I'm always invisible on chat. Whenever I get online I always get bombarded with IMs xD

I have three notifications at this moment from three people inviting me to play Candy Crush Saga.

Spoiler:

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
    What's tedious about texting is when auto-correct is turned on. I type much faster and more efficiently without it >>;; And I'm the same with Facebook, but most of the time I'm using it to communicate with Dipu :P

That's weird! I type a lot better with it on. Most of the time I end up tapping letters that are next to the ones that I actually want and 9/10 my iPhone will correct it to the word I wanted, just like magic. I text a lot. If you're around me you'll hear my phone chiming an awful lot! I'd rather text than talk on the phone, I normally find it awkward.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    I use auto-correct to correct certain things and it does a great job for the most part. However, I do not think anything ducking sucks and I hate when it corrects to that.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I text a lot too and my phone usually corrects a TON of my errors... if I didn't have it you wouldn't be able to read anything ;;

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I have turned off auto-correct on my iPhone. It just got so annoying when it corrected wrongly :p I usually spot my few mistakes and can correct them myself. If I want to bother.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back