• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best concert you've ever been to

Years
    So yeah, I thought this would make for an intresting topic. So, I'll start with my experience.
    I was at a GodSmack concert and because I wasn't feeling to hot I decided to sit down and rest a moment. A few minutes later my friend starts screaming and alerts me to the fact that I'm the Bigscreen in the stadium. Then the singer turns to me and points (We had seats closer to the stage) and screams "THIS ISN'T A Profane word CREED CONCERT!!! GET YOUR Profane Word UP AND Profane Word DANCE!!! Just to spite him I stayed seated.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    I'd have to say the Simple Plan concert I went to. I got to meet Pierre Bouvier and get his autograph and a picture with him, plus I touched Chuck's hand and I got the Good Charlotte drummer to sign my ticket. <3

I don't like them as much as I did then, though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2009
    ^^ Lucky. I adore Simple Plan! :D lol

Best concert I've ever been to... either Nickelback or The Hint. Probably the latter because it was a smaller venue and me and my friends got to actually hang out with all the bands and talk to them while they were working their merch tables and stuff. Although it's very close. I prefer the more personal experience, though. :)

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Pendulum concert I went to a few months ago, Bristol Carling Academy.

Very fun night. 8D

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    Dude, I went to see In Flames live just a few nights ago at the Palladium. It effing rocked >_<

But...I'm gonna have to say that the best/most memorable concert I've ever been too was seeing Killswitch Engage live back in 2004 when I was like, 12 after the release of "The end Of Heartache." It was supposed to be a 16+ show, but my cousin was somehow able to get me in. Plus...no actually bothered checking my age anyways xD

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
    Years
    Paramore. I got to spend 15 minutes with Hayley and nobody knew where we were. xD.

And i got to go to mcdonalds with her which was amazing.

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    Just to spite him I stayed seated.
    You, sir, are win. 8D
    Paramore. I got to spend 15 minutes with Hayley and nobody knew where we were. xD.

And i got to go to mcdonalds with her which was amazing.
    Dayum, that sounds amazing.

Uh, Farthing Wood gig. As I know them I get to meet them afterwards for drinks and such, but they're fantastic live. Plus they tell great stories about being stuck in toilets. And they all dance pretty damn well. :D

Years
    Roger Waters comes close, but...

Premiata Forneria Marconi. Italian prog rock band from the 70's, really, really a big deal. They're light-years from the spotlight now though, still makes beautiful music nevertheless.

Didn't really know them the day I went. It was a free concert hosted in a cultural festival and all that crap... I went because my brother made me. The second they started playing La Carroza di Hans... I was thunderstruck. The guitar was amazing, and throughout the concert I saw the fastest violin I've seen in my life. Fastest and prettiest. It was unreal how a bald guy could make a violin sing so beautifully at that speed. The drummer was nuts-- he was also the vocalist, gave us a few laughs. Beautiful, beautiful music.

There were probably 50 people at the site. Yeah, fifty. I've been to thousand-fellas concerts... And I have never felt such elation as I did with PFM. They fiuosdufasj rock.

Here's a video for the curious people. :D No violin though.

PFM - Celebration

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Um I am yet to go to a concert but I was going to go to the Kings of Leon which would have been awesome!

Years
    My best one was probably Dethklok. For being a fake band, they put on an awesome show and I was right front in center for the whole thing. I wanted to kidnap Brendon Small so bad. :)

Years
    Only ever seen Iron Maiden 2 years ago. Last date of their A Matter of Life and Death world tour. Played the album in its entirety as well as a few more songs. Though I got tickets quite late (less than a month before the concert somehow) so I had a fairly crappy seat right on the back row to the side (this was in a huge arena) and a pillar was partially blocking my view. Still didn't make it any less awesome though, plus it also happened to be guitarist Dave Murray's birthday then, so we sung happy birthday to him.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    Let's see... I've been to a few, but I'd have to say my favorite was at the Webster:
    Hawthorne Heights
    Emery
    The Color Fred, etc.
    I got to meet Emery and Hawthorne Heights (I'm never washing the bandanna they signed). My brother's band also played, but he's not even signed, AND The Color Fred was playing at the same time, so nobody watched (I almost left).

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I've never been to a concert, really. But I would like to go to a DragonForce concert someday...

FinalFlare

.::Pokecommunity's Finest::.
    Years
    The best concert I've ever been to was Radiohead at Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival 2006. They were incredible. The crowd was literally a few square miles in every direction, and I was pretty close to the front. They played a nice mix of old favorites and unveiled some new ones (and now I'm excited for a new album in the works), and Thom Yorke's on-stage antics (as well as maniacal dancing) were entertaining for all. The best part was at the end, during "Everything in Its Right Place" when, one by one, each band member took a bow and left the stage, until there was nothing left but the last chord looping with the words AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER repeating on the screens in the background. It was truly an awesome night.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2008
    Hands down, the best concert I've ever been to would have to be Dir en grey.
    In Portland on December 2nd.
    They played a five song encore of their older music, which was so rad.
    Like, they rarely will play encores in America.
    But they did for us?
    &&
    I met Toshiya and Shinya.
    Sort of.
    They were signing, and like, I made Toshiya laugh?
    It filled my heart with fangirl squeals.
    <3

WeisseEdelweiss

Executor
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Feb 22, 2013
    My favorite experiance was with my mother when we went to a Lynard Skynard concert together when I was a very young teenager. She passed aways two years ago and I still listen to their music for that connection we had together.

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    Weird Al Yankovic came to town in June of '07... I'll remember that for the rest of my life.

Right when everybody started leaving the amphitheater (after the audience used cell phones to replace lighters), he sprints right back out and starts singing "Albuquerque" (11 min. long) everybody groaned and cheered at the same time. It was absolutely amazing.

The only part that wasn't amazing was when I brought home a White N' Nerdy hoodie and my dad claimed that it was racist. Summarized, I responded with "LOLWUT?"

Back