• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

best ds game? :-)

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2022
wondering abt theke best ds game on every anime series :-)
recently played inazuma eleven(its great),pokemon diamond(average)!
so can anybody suggest me? :-D

Years
I don't know if I completely understand your question, but if you want to know if you should buy
the newest Pokémon game, then yes! Pokémon X/Y is over the top. It's really awesome!

Why?
- Imo, much better Pokémons designs than then Gen 4 and Gen 5.
- Newest. Newer = Better technically
- They've tried to include a lot of Pokémon from the previous generations throughout
you journey.
- Pokémon game with most Pokémons as it's the last Gen so far.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Bleach Dark Souls is a really fun game.
Jump Ultimate Stars has a ton of anime characters and it's like Smash Bros. on Nintendo DS.
Naruto Shippuden Ninja Council 4 is a pretty good DS game.
Full Metal Alchemist Dual Sympathy

I would say more but I gtg to work. xp

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Elite_Beat_Agents.jpg

Combines rhythm with fast paced action. Not only is this the best DS game, it also utilizes the touchscreen the best. It make sure you're constantly on your seat focusing on the beat and their orders. Not only that, it is highly replayable due to actually being fun to get a high score on and is just very addictive. There's different difficulty modes so it can be enjoyed by anyone, and it makes sure the player's rhythm consistently gets better as they go on so they can try out the higher difficulties and how crazy they can be.

Honorable mention to the japanese counterpart, Ouendan.
Ouendan2.jpg

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
twewy-box-art.png

The World Ends With You is, by far, my favorite game on the DS. The gameplay is very addicting, and depends solely on the Pins you use to fight the game's enemies, of which there are a lot of both. It takes place over 3 weeks, and once you beat the game, you can go back and replay any day you want and go for extra goals, increasing replay value. It also has a really deep and touching story that, admittingly, almost made me tear up by the end. I highly recommend you at least check this one out.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
999: 9 Hours 9 Doors 9 Persons and Devil Survivor 2 are my favorite DS games.
999 is a puzzle game while DS2 is a tactical turn based RPG from Shin Megami Tensei series.
DS2 was made into 12 eps anime with alternate ending, 999 did not receive any anime adaptation.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
One of my favorite DS games would be New Super Mario Bros. The moment I played it, I instantly got addicted. You should give it a try yourself when you get the chance. :] I also liked Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, as well as Super Mario 64 DS.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Oh, definitely The World Ends With You, imo. The storyline is amazing, the characters are memorable, and the game play is really addicting in a fun way! Plus I do like it's replay value - you can use different buttons for your attacks, and different accessories! Overall, it's a really fun game, and I recommend checking it out!

Yukari

I don't know if I completely understand your question, but if you want to know if you should buy
the newest Pokémon game, then yes! Pokémon X/Y is over the top. It's really awesome!

Why?
- Imo, much better Pokémons designs than then Gen 4 and Gen 5.
- Newest. Newer = Better technically
- They've tried to include a lot of Pokémon from the previous generations throughout
you journey.
- Pokémon game with most Pokémons as it's the last Gen so far.

He said DS not 3ds.

Anyway, I would Recommend Pokemon Black 2. I my opinion it's the best modern Gen Pokemon game. Or Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside story, that's definitely the best Mario and Luigi game yet.

Years
The World Ends With You is, by far, my favorite game on the DS. The gameplay is very addicting, and depends solely on the Pins you use to fight the game's enemies, of which there are a lot of both. It takes place over 3 weeks, and once you beat the game, you can go back and replay any day you want and go for extra goals, increasing replay value. It also has a really deep and touching story that, admittingly, almost made me tear up by the end. I highly recommend you at least check this one out.
Seconded. I adore this game.

Pinta77

I've heard "The world ends with you" is a good game. Never played it yet.

As far as anime ds games go.. there aren't too many good options. Full Metal Alchemist for ds isn't bad, but it's not an amazing game. It's fairly interesting and if you can get it used for cheap, it's worth it.

My favorite ds game ever has to be "Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land"
256px-FPTRRcover.png

It wasn't released in north america, so it's kinda hard to find a copy if you live there. The European version is english, and you can find one on the internet fairly easily. It has a very interesting and funny plot. It's very different from the rest of the legend of zelda games. Definitely worth it if you can get a copy.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
The forum-related choices for me - Platinum and HGSS. DP were fin, but Platinum added more and fixed so many of the issues DP had. And HGSS were remakes of my favourite games, and I quite liked it.

I've heard good things about that Tingle game too. It's surprising in a number of ways, apparently. But no wonder it is rare in America, they seem to really hate him.

TWEWY is a fantastic game, and one I really enjoyed played. Nice music, great story (those twists!), and humour too. And a good amount of stuff too!

Ghost Trick is one not yet mentioned. Maybe not the most amazing gameplay, but a good enough puzzle game made amazing by its story. Just... dang. Worth a play.

Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time was fun too, especially with multiplayer mode. You can kill many hours playing that over and over with friends, haha.

(Also MKDS was pretty darn fun imo.)

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Here's a glimpse of how fast-paced and crazy Elite Beat Agents is, by yours truly.

And honestly? I might as well recommend Rhythm Heaven on the DS as well. It's another rhythm game, sure, and probably the weakst of the three in the series, but it's addictive. It's really hard at first and you might get overwhelmed at the awkward controls but once you get into it, it's hard to stop. You'll eventually try for perfect runs.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I think HG\SS cause its one of the most popular games in DS. or maybe WWE raw vs smackdown featuring ECW 2009 or 2010 there are too many great games but Pokemon & WWE games are in first 10 of this best game list.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I wouldn't call any of the DS Pokemon games anywhere near the best in the DS's amazing library. They all have too many flaws in both technicality and design.

They're all sub-30fps with frequent drops, because the developers wanted to include 2.5D models in the game for whatever reason and sacrifice the 60fps standard RSE set. Design-wise, B/W (And particularly 2) are good lessons on how you DON'T design games. HG/SS also has many glaring flaws in its design, namely its terribly balanced roster and an awful level curve, amongst many other things. Platinum is clearly the best, but its paced rather poorly.

Years
They're all sub-30fps with frequent drops, because the developers wanted to include 2.5D models in the game for whatever reason and sacrifice the 60fps standard RSE set.
It was getting with the times (or at least less far behind them). Anyway, it's Pokemon so it's not like the FPS rate is glaringly obvious like it would be with an action game.

Design-wise, B/W (And particularly 2) are good lessons on how you DON'T design games.
How do you figure? My only real complaints with the first one are minor aesthetic ones and about the post-game. B2/W2 are just boring.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 28, 2018
Resident Evil: Deadly Silence.
I love being in that mansion. Definitely brings back memories from the actually first PSX game of Resident Evil.

Yukari

I wouldn't call any of the DS Pokemon games anywhere near the best in the DS's amazing library. They all have too many flaws in both technicality and design.

They're all sub-30fps with frequent drops, because the developers wanted to include 2.5D models in the game for whatever reason and sacrifice the 60fps standard RSE set. Design-wise, B/W (And particularly 2) are good lessons on how you DON'T design games. HG/SS also has many glaring flaws in its design, namely its terribly balanced roster and an awful level curve, amongst many other things. Platinum is clearly the best, but its paced rather poorly.

A lot of people (myself included.) would disagree with you. I really didn't notice a low frame-rate or any drops whatsoever, except when I played it on an emulator. I agree with the problems in HG/SS But what's so wrong with Black and White? I'll admit right now that it still stuck with the stereotype Pokemon formula, had a weak story, (That was a really bad idea, considering the emphasis place on it.) and less then memorable Pokemon designs, (though I still loved the legendaries.) among others, but I wouldn't go so far as to say: "B/W (And particularly 2) are good lessons on how you DON'T design games." They were still solid and Loads of fun to play. Everybody has different tastes though

Back