• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Games People Never Play

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
Years
  • Dont you hate when u got a good game,but either the online community is empty or nobody knows what ur talking about when u try to explai how great it is.
    right now the game-that-nobody-plays im playing is Transformers WFC. A lot of my friends spend all their time with Halo/CoD. Like really widen out...
    Then I have Armored Core,Most RTS games,Gundam games(okay so ima meech fan,...)like omg u need to play this game.
    Post ur games...

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • Sin & Punishment Star Successor is currently my obscure game of choice. I'm sure it's not as obscure as I think, but a lot of people seem to have no idea what I'm talking about.
    If you don't know, it's an on-rails shooter, much like Star Fox, except you control a person rather than a ship. It's fun, with lots of fast paced action, and looks pretty as well. If you like games like Star Fox, try Sin & Punishment.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Not really a game that is played online, but most people miss out on Mother 3, mainly since it wasn't released in the US. :( And apparently people underestimate NieR (c wut i did thar luck?).

And Klippy has mentioned that the online community for Blur was pretty bad. I can't speak much for Blur though, since it doesn't seem to interest me and I haven't bothered playing it, but it was enough reason for him to return the game, iirc.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Dont you hate when u got a good game,but either the online community is empty or nobody knows what ur talking about when u try to explai how great it is.
    right now the game-that-nobody-plays im playing is Transformers WFC. A lot of my friends spend all their time with Halo/CoD. Like really widen out...
    Then I have Armored Core,Most RTS games,Gundam games(okay so ima meech fan,...)like omg u need to play this game.
    Post ur games...

The majority of Gundam games aren't very good though - and most of the ones that are were never released outside of Asia.

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Avencast. I've never EVER met someone who's even heard of it, much less knows how awesome it is.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • The .hack series.
    I'm not really big on anime games, but those games had a damn fine story, and cool characters to boot.

Anybody who has ever played the series will agree with me when I say: "I want to see The World as an MMO."

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Sin & Punishment Star Successor is currently my obscure game of choice. I'm sure it's not as obscure as I think, but a lot of people seem to have no idea what I'm talking about.
    If you don't know, it's an on-rails shooter, much like Star Fox, except you control a person rather than a ship. It's fun, with lots of fast paced action, and looks pretty as well. If you like games like Star Fox, try Sin & Punishment.
    Similar to the Time Crisis series then?

A game I like quite a lot, but all of my friends say it looks "gay" "stupid" and "retarted" would have to be Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. If you like platformers, I would recommend trying this game out.

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • oh yes i know a few!
    the yakuza series (i swear no one here in australia plays it)
    custom robo arena (its appeared in magazines a few times, but it still doesnt get any attention)

atm i'm playing mother 2 and castlevania LoS which i both love, but no one ever talks about either of them. mother never came to australia and sony fanboys just shrug LoS as a GoW knock off.

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    Personally, I think the Disgaea series as a whole doesn't get as much attention as it should. I mean, I've found people online who play them, but in my area it's completely unheard of.

The World Ends With You and SMT:Devil Survivor are two other undervalued games.... SMT:Devil I haven't even seen at our local Gamestops/Play N Trades/Etc.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Really? Disgaea is probably one of the only tactical RPG series not a part of Final Fantasy to sell exceptionally well in America. NIS have been confident enough to release not just the 2 sequels in the main series but the 2 Prinny spin-offs and even that visual novel one in America.

It's certaintly a more successful series than say, Tactics Ogre and I'd say Fire Emblem too.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Well i have, and love a game called Armies of Exigo.
    People call it a copy of warcraft, but it really isn't!
    Plus it's got a great story, beautiful graphics, and it's really great game in general!

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • The entire Star Ocean series, In my opinion, Is pretty underrated.
    Every time I try to bring it up, the person i'm talking to will always say "What's that?"

Years
  • The Darkness. It was a fantastic game with one of the best stories you can imagine. Watching one scene still sends chills down my spine to this day. The only video game story to top it, in my opinion, was Heavy Rain. Everything about the game was great. Mike Patton's voice work as The Darkness was disturbingly awesome, and is by far the creepiest voice I've ever heard.

Whenever I show someone the game, the general reaction is "Why the heck didn't I play this?!" I'm hoping for a sequel.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Nobody plays Luminous Arc, which saddens me. It's unusually entertaining for a turn-based strategy RPG. Hmm... Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja is another one. It's horrifically hard, but also very entertaining in its own little way.

L5Animations

Gamer & Shiny Hunter
    Years
  • Were I live, I'm the only one for MILES (excluding my brother) who plays Castlevania games. I mean, sheesh, I own eight or nine of them, and the series has been around since the NES, so why does NOBODY I know play them? (This excludes all 64, PS2, PS3/360 games, I don't consider them to be true Castlevanias. The 3D ones.)

Silmeria

Years
  • NieR. I have met a total of FOUR people who have given this game the appreciation it deserves. It both saddens and annoys me, because if it had "Final Fantasy" tacked onto it you just know it'd get masses of attention.

Dystopia

What goes here?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2010
    You may not consider it a "game" as such, more a plethora of minigames, and I can see why it does not receive much (if any) publicity, but I think Rhythm Paradise, or Rhythm Heaven, is a truly enjoyable game. It's got really challenging minigames which you know, if you lose, you're the only person to blame. Some are tricky, but overall the rhythm games in this DS game are great, especially those who are...lacking in musical (yes, it doesn't necassarily teach you music, but it gives you a good sense of beats and the groove that music has).

Time Guardian

Requiem of the 13th Hour
    Years
  • TB Pro said:
    Similar to the Time Crisis series then?

Not quite, Time Crisis, or at least the ones that I've played, was more of a light gun shooter where you don't control the movement of your character.

In Sin and Punishment you actually can move your main character whom in running while you aim and shoot. Yet he's always running on a set path (hence "on rail" shooter) Still, it's best to at least compare it more to Starfox since that's what I found it best close to.

Nobody plays Luminous Arc, which saddens me. It's unusually entertaining for a turn-based strategy RPG. Hmm... Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja is another one. It's horrifically hard, but also very entertaining in its own little way.

Oh man, I compleately enjoyed Luminous Arc, but I'm also a huge fan of Strategy RPGs as well. I've heard of Izuna, I was almost considering picking it up once until I spotted a copy of Chrono Cross that day and only had enough for one game.

L5Animations said:
    Were I live, I'm the only one for MILES (excluding my brother) who plays Castlevania games. I mean, sheesh, I own eight or nine of them, and the series has been around since the NES, so why does NOBODY I know play them? (This excludes all 64, PS2, PS3/360 games, I don't consider them to be true Castlevanias. The 3D ones.)

I think it's mostly because the fanbase for the series is a bit more spread out then some, but the Castlevania series still does have a heavy fanbase if you know where to look. I love the series to death here to be honest, and a few of my friends and people that I know around here have played them.

Anyways, back on track here. I would have to say Ikaruga is deserving of more play, it's a fun scrolling shooter (somewhat like Touhou in a way, but without the cutesy characters. Actually, think of it more like Gradius since you control a ship and fire at enemy ships.) but just prepare for a total punishing from it's difficulty (although I don't find it as hard as likes of DoDonPachi to be honest)

And Viewtiful Joe is deserving of more praise, a lot of people, including a couple of my friends that I know refuse to play the game because of it's cartooney graphics style but you're really missing out on such an enjoyable game if you do that. I think the cel-shaded style was part of the reason as to why it didn't sell very well when it came out.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I have quite a bit of obscure games for the PS2. Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 were amazing RPGs that definitely deserved much more attention than they got, same goes for Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne. Persona 3 and 4 get all the love. Lufia series needs some love as well (Aside from the Action-RPG remake of Lufia II for the DS) Shadow Hearts is very rarely mentioned. Fatal Frame series isn't really mentioned when talking about survival horror games, but it's up there in terms of "scariness" with Silent Hill.

Back