• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Instant Messenger?

What is the best Instant Messenger?

• AIM

Votes: 8 25.0%
    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • MSN

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • YIM

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
Years
  • Bleh... I use them all...

I do like icq a lot though. Go ICQ Go!

Is there a "universal" IM that supports them all? Or more importantly, MSN and AIM in 1? If so, if it worth it? I'm not getting it if it's turdworthy

Yes, I used to have it on my old computer, but it's been so long ago that I don't remember the site or the name. You could try googling it.

Try: "Universal IM"

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • Trillian will let you log in with them all...

I don't like how when you get the big convos going on MSN, it like locks up the computer...

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
    Years
  • No it doesn't.. you just need more RAM:P See, I have this hack that bypasses the 400 character limit, and I can post 1100 character, and I make them all smilies and send to teh people I'm annoyed at. It freezes their computer, and I laugh till I brake my lung.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • I have half a gig of RAM... >>

And you should be shot for doing that evil thing with smilies! ><

perthskies

Nostalgic
    Years
  • Gr8person62.2 said:
    No it doesn't.. you just need more RAM:P See, I have this hack that bypasses the 400 character limit, and I can post 1100 character, and I make them all smilies and send to teh people I'm annoyed at. It freezes their computer, and I laugh till I brake my lung.

Now that's just wrong, and ruins the purpose of Instant Messaging. Emoticons are there to help express your message further, not as the main body of your message.

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
    Years
  • Optic said:
    Now that's just wrong, and ruins the purpose of Instant Messaging. Emoticons are there to help express your message further, not as the main body of your message.

Your point being? It's helping me express the fact that I'm pissed at these people and they deserve to have their computer hung while playing their l4m3r counterstrike game and was about to win but got disconnected and was kicked out of their clan because they made them l00se and never spoke to me again! It should teach you never to have MSN open while doing important stuff.

perthskies

Nostalgic
    Years
  • I do not wish to argue with you, but you're just making it worse by continuing to make contact with them. The block feature exists for a reason, so I'd advise you to use it instead of continuing to flame your enemies.

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
    Years
  • Optic said:
    I do not wish to argue with you, but you're just making it worse by continuing to make contact with them. The block feature exists for a reason, so I'd advise you to use it instead of continuing to flame your enemies.

Thanks for your advice, but I'l take care of my enimies in my own way. I always make it fun:P

Back